[2022-05-18] Bothersome Soul

Post by Glemp » Tue May 17, 2022 11:11 pm

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: [2022-05-18] Bothersome Soul

Post by Generic » Wed May 18, 2022 2:15 am

So they ARE going after Kore?

Ok.

Why are they going the opposite direction?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

18-may-2022 : So Soft

Post by Krulle » Wed May 18, 2022 2:40 am

I removed my thread posting, wasn't paying attention...

comic image spoilered for size:
► Show Spoiler
Nope, they are not going for Kore (at elast not now). They are going towards the exit of the dungeon, and right now there's only the path our of the magical hallways... So whereever they want to go, they have to follow that path first anyway.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed May 18, 2022 3:56 am

Why are they going for the exit of the dungeon? How do they know the way? Is Kore or a way to hell there? How do they know that the way to Hell is not in the direction Kore went?

As Pawlush said: They have two goals. Hell the axe, and save the Chief. Both has pretty hash time limit. They know the direction of one of their critical objectives, and they are for no particular reason going the opposite way.

I am sure Kore would really hate to fight the goblins when he was trying to traverse sawblades, suspended over a bottomless pit, unarmored and injured. That seemed like a pretty good opportunity to jump him.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 19, 2022 12:43 am

Why do you think they are going "the other way"?
In this dungeon, as Complains of Names has proven, you cannot exit the magical hallways trap through the doors. They always lead to [the /an]other hallway.
Thus the only path leading in any direction is only the passage found by Big Ears and Pawlush.
And that's the direction the party is taking, until the path splits.

And if you refer to past events: did they know in which direction Kore went?
He had a head start, and there may have been turns not shown to us, where Kore could've lost them.
And are you sure the party felt as if being in a state where they could win the next encounter against Kore?
Because they did need time to recover, and then found out about Pawlush, ...
Also, to the GAP is must have seemed like Kore knew the dungeon well. He could set up a trap for them, similar to what the GAP prepared when Kore followed them into the room with The Statue and the Helm (1, 2).

I would caution against following someone blindly inside a dungeon. Especially if he gives the appearance of knowing the place better than you do.
Last edited by Krulle on Thu May 19, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Thu May 19, 2022 1:00 am

I think that though they have two distinct goals, one is far more dangerous than the other to perform before the other.

And in this instance bringing the compromised axe to Kore, potentially allowing him to come back into possession of it...

Is really the more dangerous prospect.

Also although they are "on clock" for both, the Chiief's situation, although horrifying, is not "finite". The coming of demon lord is. Once that happens, it's likely near impossible if not entirely to remedy.

Chief suffering... It can happen for untold time and most likely from his point of view, it does anyway, so...

Yeah. It sucks, but Hell is the first destination. Kore has to come second.

Although we all know he will be faced first. :lol:
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu May 19, 2022 4:40 am

Krulle wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:43 am Why do you think they are going "the other way"?
In this dungeon, as Complains of Names has proven, you cannot exit the magical hallways trap through the doors. They always lead to [the /an]other hallway.
Thus the only path leading in any direction is only the passage found by Big Ears and Pawlush.
And that's the direction the party is taking, until the path splits.

And if you refer to past events: did they know in which direction Kore went?
He had a head start, and there may have been turns not shown to us, where Kore could've lost them.
And are you sure the party felt as if being in a state where they could win the next encounter against Kore?
Because they did need time to recover, and then found out about Pawlush, ...
Also, to the GAP is must have seemed like Kore knew the dungeon well. He could set up a trap for them, similar to what the GAP prepared when Kore followed them into the room with The Statue and the Helm (1, 2).

I would caution against following someone blindly inside a dungeon. Especially if he gives the appearance of knowing the place better than you do.
I never imagined Kore being hard to track, between the glowing head, kkkk, thump thump and the heavily bleeding trail of blood. But sure. There might have been a considerable amount of time, and the goblins might have been fearful.
Complains is most of the time very aggressive.
Thaco and Señor should know how it is to be tortured.
Ears is self sacrificing and brave.

But sure, they did seem to let the bleeding, prone, unarmored, unarmed and surrounded Kore just wander off the scene, so I guess you are right.

It just stuck out to me that the goblins are basically just going down one of two paths, and that Pawlush is tagging along because he might as well do so. So their motivation is still just to basically run away from Kore through a hallway.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu May 19, 2022 4:44 am

Velgar wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:00 am I think that though they have two distinct goals, one is far more dangerous than the other to perform before the other.

And in this instance bringing the compromised axe to Kore, potentially allowing him to come back into possession of it...

Is really the more dangerous prospect.

Also although they are "on clock" for both, the Chiief's situation, although horrifying, is not "finite". The coming of demon lord is. Once that happens, it's likely near impossible if not entirely to remedy.

Chief suffering... It can happen for untold time and most likely from his point of view, it does anyway, so...

Yeah. It sucks, but Hell is the first destination. Kore has to come second.

Although we all know he will be faced first. :lol:
I am looking forwards to the characters going where they are motivated to go instead of going along the railway.