Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

04 Feb. 2022 - Humming Sound

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47 am

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2022

Finally a way out.
But why did he not inform the group?
What happens if the door closes and cannot be opened from BE's side?
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 02 Feb. 2020 - Humming Sound

Post by Generic » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:15 am

Krulle wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47 am [...]
[...]
Because SOMETHING needs to happen, character motivation be damned?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

HereToInquire
Remains Silent

Post by HereToInquire » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm

Hey, is this comic still, uh... happening?

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:26 am

Do you see how shiny it is there? And you'd tell me you wouldn't go touch it?
Yeah... It was kinda weird to me too, not to mention that the click was apparently nothing.

Also got to love Ears': "I have just gone loops after loops on same corridors without ever turning back, but this corridor can't fit here. There must be some magic HERE." :D
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm

HereToInquire wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm Hey, is this comic still, uh... happening?
Kinda? You wanna discuss it?

HereToInquire
Remains Silent

Post by HereToInquire » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 pm

Generic wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm
HereToInquire wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm Hey, is this comic still, uh... happening?
Kinda? You wanna discuss it?
Yeah, I guess so!

The updates are just so, so slow - to the point that it's pretty hard to keep track of the plot, let alone feel any dramatic urgency.

I'm just looking in from the outside, but given Ellipsis' posting output and the degree to which the general Goblins project seems to have stalled... I'm thinkin maybe she was motivated to create this art before in a way that she just isn't now. And we're watching a long slow fizzle.

I know art takes time and she's under no obligation to produce, but like... it's been a LONG time since anything *happened* in this comic. Meanwhile, Elli seems extremely happy and engaged with her process of living a life as a horny lady - which is awesome! But it's a really big change which might be expected to impact one's art.

I dunno. I just hope she'll let people know if she makes a choice about working on this comic one way or the other. She doesn't seem too into it these days from what I can tell.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:18 pm

I can manage the slowness and keep track of the plot, but the forum has helped me keep engaged. It has gone quickly downhill since the link dissappeared, with most of the discussions drying up. I don't know how much there is going on over at Discord.

Ever since Klik died, not much of weight has really happened. Forgath died heroically, but he got better. Ears mutilated himself to hurt Kore, but both him and Kore got better. MinMax and Kin got better. The chore of everyone getting their levels with the angel held very little tension after a few iterations. The battle with Kore was tense, but after that he just wandered off. And since he served at as what was driving the plot for a... decade or so (?), him leaving just stranded everyone to just wander around aimlessly and crack jokes.

The creeping red borders of the comic eventually reached eleven, and... stayed there. Right now the Jaws theme has been blasting on full effect for a couple of years, but there is no sign of the shark.

There is one piece of direction going on. Kin pointing out that everyone needs to get back to dealing with the Axe of Prissan. But now the goblins will be going through a looping corridor... until early 2023 probably(?). But since we have no idea of the rules of the Axe, that really does not matter. What do I mean by that?
All great unstopable evils needs rules.
The one ring: Don't show it to anyone. Don't put it on. Don't let it corrupt you. Destroy ASAP.
Freddy Krueger: Don't fall asleep.
Mr Fingers: Don't touch it!

This axe has none of it. No great threat we as the audience can keep track off. Are we in trouble if Thac0 picks it up? How close is it to spelling everyones doom?
It did have a backstory, but I am not sure if it is retconned now? Ears started a monologue about it on a hunch after he talked with a flea demon. So what is true? Ears' hunch, or the info dump that beamed into his brain when he picked up the axe?

So, even without the slow, slow pace, the characters in this comic lacks direction and purpose. That is ok. It's fine to wander around a bit and be confused before getting back on track. But "a bit" has, due to the pace, going on for years, and is likely to do so for more years.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:27 am

While this has become slow, Elli has only one income: this comic.

Another comic I read is glacial compared to this comic. It had update interruptions of years.
Since patreon it has become better, as we know there are pages ready in the pipeline, and just nor coloured.

I don't know about Elli's patreon, if there are coming updates visible as partial pages or so...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:40 pm

I don't know what you mean about the forum being slow.

LOL.

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:25 pm

:tfacepalm:

Every update makes me happy.

Though I do find myself dropping into the forums & checking the site with less and less frequency, though I hardly ever add anything to the conversation in the forums they have felt like a home for a lurker like myself.

I'm not a fan of discord.

I just wish Elli the best. Though at times I do feel left behind what with the game alternate realities et al. Haven't seen anything about the goblins pilot in awhile either. I do have my printed goblins books 1 & 2 at least. Feels like we forumites were meant to just go to the discord when the link disappeared to the forum.

Sad :(

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:49 am

Better to have the comic run slow than stop altogether with nothing resembling a conclusion. I still mourn for an old favorite of mine whose creator officially left it for dead in its prime, simply because of displeasure with the current owners of the IP it was based upon.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Plasmeus wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:25 pm :tfacepalm:

Every update makes me happy.

Though I do find myself dropping into the forums & checking the site with less and less frequency, though I hardly ever add anything to the conversation in the forums they have felt like a home for a lurker like myself.

I'm not a fan of discord.

I just wish Elli the best. Though at times I do feel left behind what with the game alternate realities et al. Haven't seen anything about the goblins pilot in awhile either. I do have my printed goblins books 1 & 2 at least. Feels like we forumites were meant to just go to the discord when the link disappeared to the forum.

Sad :(
Danielle had said that she would get the link added back to the comic page, but that was a while ago, and it obviously hasn't happened. The forum is a trigger for Elli because of past incidents, so she won't have anything to do with it.

Discord is not a thing I much care for, personally.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am

Past incidents?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:20 am

Krulle wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47 am https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2022

Finally a way out.
Can you fix the date in the title Krulle?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:19 pm

Generic wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am Past incidents?
Yes. Elli felt she was attacked in the forums by people from one or more other online communities, around the issue of her breakdown a few years back, when the comic went on hiatus. I'd really rather not rehash all that, though, if it's all the same. It inevitably leads to arguments.

► Show Spoiler

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:11 pm

Krulle wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47 am https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2022

Finally a way out.
Krulle! Title. Fix. Else this will linger forever.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 04 Feb. 2020 - Humming Sound

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:40 pm

if it matters that much to you.
But why?
It's not as if anyone will really care anymore.
The threads are not sorted by title.
Update speed is nowhere close enough to cause confusions if a wrong date is there.
And discusssions are also not active enough to matter much.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:21 am

Krulle wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:40 pm if it matters that much to you.
But why?
Update speed is nowhere close enough to cause confusions if a wrong date is there.
Fair enough. I know you've registered the error, and I... totally agree with your "why".

Peace.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:49 am

I'm also on the Discord for what it's worth, and honestly the pace is sufficiently slow that I don't see the point of putting discourse on an instant messaging platform. Also all current page talk is banned on general chat which again...the comic updates once or twice a month. Getting spoiled on a page you have't read yet is not something that can easily happen to you, so it's just pointlessly splitting up discussions.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Generic wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:21 am
Krulle wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:40 pm if it matters that much to you.
But why?
Fair enough. I know you've registered the error, and I... totally agree with your "why".

Peace.
thanks formpointing it out.
I don' remember why I put the wrong date.

peace!

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:45 am

Krulle wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:45 pm thanks formpointing it out.
I don' remember why I put the wrong date.

peace!
Well, it is still wrong (the day has been changed, but what about the year? ;) ).

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:44 pm

Ugh. Shupid me.

I honestly didn't even notice that when I changed the day....

:facepalm:

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:03 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:44 pm Ugh. Shupid me.

I honestly didn't even notice that when I changed the day....

:facepalm:
Aha! The year was the only reason I insisted at all.