17 September 2021 - Good job.

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:14 am

Permlink: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2021

Back to Kin & Minmax.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 17 September 2021 - Good job.

Post by Generic » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 am

Glad to see a page of MinMax where he is not acting like a total spaz, even if it's a talking head page.

It'll be interesting to see why we got that part with Kore. He has new armour I guess, but the loss of the previous one does not seem to have slowed him down anyway. Well, we know his new design now. I still don't know why we saw him traversing the blow trap.

Very glad with MinMax getting the cold shoulder. He totally deserve that.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

cbertrand
Mutters to Themself

Post by cbertrand » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am

I think Elipsis messed up, though, and will have to edit this comic. Kin knows nothing of the friendship that Minmax has developed with Vorpal and barely knows about his connection with the others. (Beyond the idea that he is somehow, possibly, working with them, which she heard from Kore on https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2018)

The quick edit would just be to have Kin ask about Forgath (Whose death, even if she knew about the goblins, she would know would have had the greatest impact on Minmax)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 am

Expect a new image tomorrow-ish.
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:Oh dear. It's been so long since I've drawn Kin, that I accidentally gave her 4 fingers, instead of three. I'll have to fix it tomorrow.
I love how she ignores the person she's been looking for to greet Parchment.

[Edit:]
For those interested (and for the records):
3 fingered Kin: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comics/163 ... Page13.jpg
4 fingered Kin: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comics/163 ... Page13.jpg
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 pm

cbertrand wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am I think Elipsis messed up, though, and will have to edit this comic. Kin knows nothing of the friendship that Minmax has developed with Vorpal and barely knows about his connection with the others. (Beyond the idea that he is somehow, possibly, working with them, which she heard from Kore on https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2018)

The quick edit would just be to have Kin ask about Forgath (Whose death, even if she knew about the goblins, she would know would have had the greatest impact on Minmax)
She saw/heard MinMax with the goblins, minus Chief. Asking where the people he was with moments ago are is a perfectly reasonable thing.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Kin... Love... I did write a big comment where I praised your smarts and logic...

So could you please not be so absolutely painfully cringe? :lol:

You knew perfectly well in what situation you were and how. The one under you is the idiot, don't hog his thing. Any of them. The boy is not ready yet. >:?

But yeah. I hope you're a bit more on level after this awkwardness. 'Cose you know... There's a LOT more of that coming for you with your boyo... :P
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Wow, this was a hard cut to MM + K. Also Kin, you saw the state Minmax was in when you were leaving - the Oblivion Holes didn't erase that. Now is not the time to ignore him in favour of your familiar.

EDIT: to clarify, I don't mean she needs to instantly forgive him or anything, just that instantly becoming distracted by Paperwing is doing neither her nor MM any favours.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:40 pm

Fuck him. She got magically love bonded to a complete and utter asshole. She is already wearing one magical control object, she certainly don't need another. Even if this other is fate or whatever.

She can spend a round to talk with her familiar. Minmax can begin by asking forgiveness for almost killing her instead of solving a simple puzzle.

Writes-critically
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Writes-critically » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:41 am

My theory is that this is somehow Kin from the future. Not much time has passed in-comic between her and Minimax's separation to be honest yet she gained enough levels of experience as a mage class to be able to cast Lightning bolt, AND to bond with her familiar enough to miss him dearly after few moments. I've had a feeling some time travel stuff is going on ever since Kore showed up and got me thinking he might be future/alternate dimension Forgath though I didn't want to imply all dwarves look the same... ;)

This comic used to serve some really twisted plotlines so for all we know this Kin could be one of the alts from Maze of many that got reset in a strange way after trio of kins changed the psionic gears, and now every single reality in there could keep the memories and they got mixed up with the memories our Kin had because they are all essentially the same soul or because the pale-faced one Kin messed soemthing up again while setting the machine like she was about to right before teleporting minimax to their room. Oh, it could be her actually, just with a different makeup. I dont remember if the jade teapot teleports along with it's user but if not then a bunch of other realities might choose to use it to get out of the maze. Kore could be an alt Forgath from the maze tho, maybe we even already saw him somewhere and didn't realize.

Or maybe I'm paying too much attention to the Maze part, it might have been simply a filler arc with little impact to the biger plot. Eh, I guess we just gotta keep reading to find out.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am

Yes. It's a future Kin. She basically said that she would stay in the MoM and grind levels for a bit. Forgath however did not stay in the maze. Nor is he "the last of the greyhill paladins, I can not die. ALL EVIL MUST BE DESTROYED!"

If we take future time travel back in time into consideration then all bets are off. But Forgath is a Klik made Klik destroyed resurrected abomination at this point. And not a hell themed fused teeth hellscape of a giant.

At this point, Idle is a better candidate as a future Kore.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:51 am

I had originally assumed that Kin had come here to begin restoring her broken relationship with Minmax (which he broke) since she realized, right as he had left, that they could "see" each other. Now I'm not so sure since she seems more excited about seeing her dragon than him. Maybe there's another reason she came to find him? Maybe there's a new plot development right around the corner?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 am

She can't work to restore her relationship with MinMax. The only thing that came out of Maze of Many is a broken relationship and an idea of them 'seeing' one another. If she came back to rebond with MinMax, then all of that would be undone.

So. Yeah. The jade teapot came into the plot because Kin brought it up. She most certainly could be looking for some different mcguffin in the Maw, and we're yet to hear about it.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:44 am

Must be some modern consumerism thing that if something breaks, you just toss it away and don't even think about fixing it...

Let alone when it's third party breaking something between two people.

Not to mention she is clearly after MinMax, for reason or another. The first thing she asked after appearing one door away from MinMax, was... "MinMax?"

But yeah. It was indeed a thing that the Kins fixed the gears in such a way that they could retain things despite resets. So seeing how the main gang had gone through various deaths for something of a 2 million times or whatwasit, and zero time had passed in "main reality", it's only surprising that our Kin isn't even more leveled up from her time in the Maze. Heck, you could grind yourself to max levels there and just pop out with no extra time at all.

Sure would make the story a bit eh, if we had OP Kin running around, but...

If I had to guess there was some level of "You did what?!", followed by "I need to find him and make sense out of this."
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am

Wow, I can't believe I missed this for four days, after waiting so long to see Kin and Max reunite. I do feel pretty bad for him at getting the fake-out joke with Parchment; it's an extremely obvious sitcom gag that no sensible person should ever feel hurt by, but Minmax is immature enough that it probably still really gets him, and so I has a sad for him. But at least his emotional booboo is short-lived, as Kin is very clearly not still mad at him, even though they haven't actually talked about it yet. So, just as much as I was before this page, I am left wanting to see what happens next.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:07 pm

This is a weird page.

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but their interaction feels totally off.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:20 am

They are on a moss green void of a background. Somewhere off screen is a spell or something holding back a bunch of monsters? Or perhaps that is over now?

The frames are talking heads, and we got hard cut here. MinMax is rarely seen in this state, and is tasked with portraing the emotion. Whole page is screaming off, to good effect.

Still, they wear each others colors, and Kin has a wound matching MinMax right now. So I guess they do belong together.

The off-ness is intentional, I think. I could have something happening personally. Time for some plot progression, because at this point, I don't really know where any character is going.

Apart from Kore. He is back at square 1 and re-geared.

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:40 am

Yeah, the situation is awkward, but remember, it is between a recently-freed-sex-slave-yuan-ti and not-the-smartest male hero, who had a natural developing bond with an artificial interruption in it, with likely none of them having the appropriate social skills practice to overcome it just that easily. So in that sense, the whole situation feels wrong and right at the same time? Idk.

Given that the world/setting is a series of "gaming sessions", the time-travel effects and the notion of offline-grinding can be explained by some of the participants playing extra rounds with the GM, or in the case of NPCs, a "naturally flowing time" while the players are away. In any case, it is interesting, and I wonder whether we get more "meta" events in the future and whether they will feel like a cop-out or an integral part to the story.

In any case, we have seen that Kore is re-gearing, the goblins are leveling up too, so it is time to progress with MM and Kin too.
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Inspired wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:40 am So in that sense, the whole situation feels wrong and right at the same time? Idk.
You actually made me remember this about Kin (MinMax we know to be social-wise doofus to begin with):
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/02212009

So yeah... They are acting surprisingly normal all things considering...

Two dorks on the opposite ends of intelligence spectrum...

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Velgar wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:10 pm
Inspired wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:40 am So in that sense, the whole situation feels wrong and right at the same time? Idk.
You actually made me remember this about Kin (MinMax we know to be social-wise doofus to begin with):
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/02212009

So yeah... They are acting surprisingly normal all things considering...

Two dorks on the opposite ends of intelligence spectrum...
What? You think she is babbling?

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 am

She might be processing easier topics while formulating proper response to MinMax's query, yes.

Like we've gone through, whatever these two have is mildly put difficult. And here we have Kin on top of MinMax as their first face to face meeting after their... Eventful previous moments...

Yeah. She might be a tiny bit nervous...

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm

I've never noticed before today that Kin's eyes are colored with minmax's ime and minmax's eyes are colored with kin's ime.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Velgar wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 am She might be processing easier topics while formulating proper response to MinMax's query, yes.

Like we've gone through, whatever these two have is mildly put difficult. And here we have Kin on top of MinMax as their first face to face meeting after their... Eventful previous moments...

Yeah. She might be a tiny bit nervous...
So you think she might start babbling soon? Not really the same as currently doing it, but whatever.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 am

Generic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm So you think she might start babbling soon? Not really the same as currently doing it, but whatever.
I'm not exactly thinking that she is or will be babbling. I'm more thinking this is her intelligence overclocking her thinking, which in that one previous scenario (and many past, by her mention) manifested in babbling.

I'm thinking that she's again in highly nervous at the moment, her gears are running wild and she's going through multiple scenarios at once.

And to "buy her time" to find the correct response, she's throwing the focus on her familiar, 'cose that's a thing she has clear and simple way of interracting with.

MinMax then again is showing surprising amount of maturity in this situation by possibly even recognizing said process from his yan-ti past companion and just goes forward with "Nice to see you." instead of himself getting stuck in the "random encounter" that they now started with.

Panando
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Panando » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 pm

cbertrand wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am I think Elipsis messed up, though, and will have to edit this comic. Kin knows nothing of the friendship that Minmax has developed with Vorpal and barely knows about his connection with the others. (Beyond the idea that he is somehow, possibly, working with them, which she heard from Kore on https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2018)
These are the same goblins that tried to rescue her during the escape from Brassmoon city. While everything happened pretty quickly, she may still have recognized them. Big Ears is highly distinctive, furthermore wearing Caine's armor. It's not clear if Kin could see anything through the crack, but Big Ears also apparently has a distinctive voice, possibly modified by the armor (if the armor can make his eyes glow, it can probably make his voice "glow" too). Demon-Complains who personally tried to give Kin his arm during the escape, may also have a highly recognizable voice.

edit: On re-reading the earlier encounter through the wall. Not only did Kin mention in a note that she heard about Forgath, she also heard the Goblins talking about their failure to rescue her in Brassmoon city, and in a note she says that she sees and hears everything her familiar sees, so she could also visually identify the Goblins. Also when she first talked to Minmax she described the goblins that failed to rescue her as "Heroic".

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am

Velgar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 am
Generic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm So you think she might start babbling soon? Not really the same as currently doing it, but whatever.
I'm not exactly thinking that she is or will be babbling. I'm more thinking this is her intelligence overclocking her thinking, which in that one previous scenario (and many past, by her mention) manifested in babbling.

I'm thinking that she's again in highly nervous at the moment, her gears are running wild and she's going through multiple scenarios at once.

And to "buy her time" to find the correct response, she's throwing the focus on her familiar, 'cose that's a thing she has clear and simple way of interracting with.

MinMax then again is showing surprising amount of maturity in this situation by possibly even recognizing said process from his yan-ti past companion and just goes forward with "Nice to see you." instead of himself getting stuck in the "random encounter" that they now started with.
She is excited and full of adrenaline. No need to make it about her intelligence score.