01 July 2021- Kk... k.

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

01 July 2021- Kk... k.

Post by Krulle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:13 am

Permalink: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-9-2021
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1410494387277074432 wrote: So we're going to do something a bit different with this boop. Due to Kore's skin taking super long to finish, I'm posting the unfinished version and I'll update it as it's completed more and more. Sorry about this.

BOOP!
First posted image: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comics/162 ... -Page9.jpg
[edit]final image: https://www.goblinscomic.com/comics/162 ... -Page9.jpg
alas, there have been no intermediate images posted, would've been nice....[/edit]

(will try to add updated images whenever I notice one)

Also: is Kore now becoming another main character?
It looks like we'll follow him a bit from here on...

regarding date: It may well be that Ellis' date is still 30 June. I simply took the date I have here.
Last edited by Krulle on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 01 July 2021- Kk... k.

Post by Generic » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:25 am

Of all the places this could have gone, I think the Kore arc is the one I care least about. Him talking to himself might be interesting, but I kinda hope he does a 50s movie monster and attack MinMax and Kin mid bonk.

What?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Astonishingly, these forum is now nearly the quietest one I visit.

Yeah, update frequency does influence this...

(And I'm following a comic that has regularly only 3-4 pages a year...)

Writes-critically
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Writes-critically » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:46 am

Glacial pace combined with story arcs that feel more like filler than main plot tend to do that even to best TV shows.

Honestly I would not mind the comic to carry on like this if it meant getting new pages quicker. I mean, it started like that (or even worse actually because pages at the beginning were drawn by pencil) and yet they still serve their purpose. How about we get the story to the end and then revisit old pages to color and refine them or something.

Personally I got lost with Goblins' main motivation at the moment. Are they more into killing Kore or somehow getting into hell to drop the axe there? And having this interrupted by other plotlines isn't helping either

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:28 am

Krulle wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 pm Astonishingly, these forum is now nearly the quietest one I visit.

Yeah, update frequency does influence this...

(And I'm following a comic that has regularly only 3-4 pages a year...)
Part of that is probably because there's no longer a forum link on the comic page.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Writes-critically wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:46 am Glacial pace combined with story arcs that feel more like filler than main plot tend to do that even to best TV shows.

Honestly I would not mind the comic to carry on like this if it meant getting new pages quicker. I mean, it started like that (or even worse actually because pages at the beginning were drawn by pencil) and yet they still serve their purpose. How about we get the story to the end and then revisit old pages to color and refine them or something.

Personally I got lost with Goblins' main motivation at the moment. Are they more into killing Kore or somehow getting into hell to drop the axe there? And having this interrupted by other plotlines isn't helping either
They are not into killing Kore as they comically let him stumble off the stage, head glowing like a beacon and all. After beating him into submission using an one of a kind element involving huge personal sacrifice none the less.

And the borders are still dripping (though the increment reached a max and just stayed there) so I guess Hell?

I am still all for a sex scene with Kin and MinMax. Complete with him being unable to dress himself after. It might not lead to much, but hey. Love is always nice in a story ( even if one part is a complete jackass).

Dies was so long ago, and Junior such a tiny threat compared to literal realm falling apart that I don't really care for a cut back there at this point.

Kore is completely uninteresting though. He is Wilbur Whateley's sibling. He is interesting in regards of those he affect and interact with, but not much on his own. So... Yeah. Waiting for what kind of turn this takes.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 am

Generic wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm
I am still all for a sex scene with Kin and MinMax. Complete with him being unable to dress himself after.
That will fail, as Minmax will already fail to get undressed, or help her out of her rags.

And then she'll find that the intelligence stat does matter to her, and she unsees him.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 pm

It would be boring if Kore just wandered around and talked to himself, but there's basically no chance that's where this is going. He'll encounter one of our viewpoint characters soon, this is just about showing what's taking him so long.

Kore seems to have lost a lot of his armor. Wonder if there was a rust monster down there.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:38 pm

Krulle wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 am
Generic wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm
I am still all for a sex scene with Kin and MinMax. Complete with him being unable to dress himself after.
That will fail, as Minmax will already fail to get undressed, or help her out of her rags.

And then she'll find that the intelligence stat does matter to her, and she unsees him.
That would be glorious! Yes!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:24 am

And while we're at it, Ellis has been building this joke point just to proof to the InterWebs that you can unsee!

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 am

redfeather wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 pm Kore seems to have lost a lot of his armor. Wonder if there was a rust monster down there.
Had to even take a look what was really going on since we last saw him. And he just apparently took off his own gauntlets and whatnot. Unless he really did wander into some rust bug or something.

And kinda makes me curious to see where he is going. He already knows of bunch of "evil" that needs eradicating. Sure he'd take a short rest to gather up some strength, but then back up and at 'em, eh?

He hasn't been really shown to just call it quits if there's many enemies and only one ol' him...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:39 am

Velgar wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 am
redfeather wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 pm Kore seems to have lost a lot of his armor. Wonder if there was a rust monster down there.
Had to even take a look what was really going on since we last saw him. And he just apparently took off his own gauntlets and whatnot. Unless he really did wander into some rust bug or something.

And kinda makes me curious to see where he is going. He already knows of bunch of "evil" that needs eradicating. Sure he'd take a short rest to gather up some strength, but then back up and at 'em, eh?

He hasn't been really shown to just call it quits if there's many enemies and only one ol' him...
He got distracted. He might be glowing, but he is not very bright.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Generic wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:39 am He got distracted. He might be glowing, but he is not very bright.
True. He is a bit scatterbrain nowadays...

Not having his full head in the game is no doubt really making it hard for him.

But I think he's still heading off the wrong way. >:?

If he keeps this up, he might lose more of his face in this dungeon run...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:14 pm

It was darker than I expected.

Anyhow... Not much new to say.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:36 am

So Kore - "Go to hell, go Directly to Hell, do not collect Any more souls do not create anymore victims! You're RIGHT where You belong..jerk!"
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Now that I had a good look at the faces, there are actually (surprisingly little, but still) different shades in the faces. Some being clearly goblinoid...

Made me wonder. Does he enslave every soul he kills or just selected ones?

So... Could we be seeing Young And Beautiful again too at some point? :D

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am

Y&B did not get killed by Kore, he found her dead already. (link)
So I presume her soul will not be bound, but the soul of our blind friend (Taps) will be (and Asks Nonsense's soul too) (link).

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 pm

Velgar wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm Now that I had a good look at the faces, there are actually (surprisingly little, but still) different shades in the faces. Some being clearly goblinoid...

Made me wonder. Does he enslave every soul he kills or just selected ones?

So... Could we be seeing Young And Beautiful again too at some point? :D
We might see tiny dwarf child again! And... Garth? Grull? The orc trader. Back from when when Kore was scary and effective, albeit reliant on goofy gadgets. I prefer that Kore to this one.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm

I think he was called Hawl.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:40 am

Writes-critically wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:46 am Glacial pace combined with story arcs that feel more like filler than main plot tend to do that even to best TV shows.

You can have intermittent updates with densely-packed pages, like Dresden Codak or OOTS. Or you can have relatively frequent updates that don't have much happening in them individually, like Twokinds or SSDD. But if you have a character that takes a ton of time to draw like Kore, but then don't have him do very much, then you've got the worst of both worlds.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 am

Glemp wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:40 am You can have intermittent updates with densely-packed pages, like Dresden Codak or OOTS. Or you can have relatively frequent updates that don't have much happening in them individually, like Twokinds or SSDD. But if you have a character that takes a ton of time to draw like Kore, but then don't have him do very much, then you've got the worst of both worlds.
Yep, and the newer page did very little to progress matters, while also reinforcing the fact that it's really hard to tell what physical actions are being performed by a guy whose entire body is made out of faces. Frankly, while this character design is definitely a nighmarish abomination of truly Lovecraftian proportions, he's not really done justice in the comic format. You really need like a 3D model with excellent dynamic lighting to be able to tell that a hand made up of thirty or forty damned wailing souls is still a hand, and not just a shapeless blob of thirty or forty damned wailing souls all balled up together into a solid, undifferentiated mass.