18 March 2021: Oh Gods, were you not out to your talking backpack?

Discuss the comic here!
Feytala
Converses Frequently

18 March 2021: Oh Gods, were you not out to your talking backpack?

Post by Feytala » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:38 pm

She is SO BAD at this angel thing.

I still love the page. :D I wonder if both Ears and his "talking backpack" need to solve a quest. Though I could see her just letting him through because she loves the story. Or as an apology. Or he fails and she lets him through anyway, since... Stupidly Riciously Lawful Good.

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-4-2021
Last edited by WearsHats on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added permalink

Inspired
Game Master

Re: 18 March 2021: Oh Gods, were you not out to your talking backpack?

Post by Inspired » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:01 am

Awful(ly) Good. This is the wordplay I was looking for, ah well.

So, at least we know now why the fusion happened, and that Trolls still has a soft spot in her heart. The question is, does any of this has any effect on the plot (along with the sexual orientation), or it is just a tangent.
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:41 am

Was kinda wondering if the gargoyle got a trip too. Not really making sense, 'cose not really an inanimated object carried or possessed by the one who actually did the touching and would figure they would have been transported to their god as well, buuuut... Mmmke.

Also got to love the "oh, gay? gay is yay!" when we have given to understand that being gay is more of an non-issue with goblins... Guess it's more of an issue if you're an angel...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 am

This is a good page. I like the slow pace joke twist of it. How the image just lingers on Gellin having the time of a lifetime. This is nice.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:29 am

Personally, I sometimes find Elli's attempts to bring in societal issues, particularly LGBTQ representation, a little awkwardly done, but in this case the punchline was worth it.

Although, are angels sexual creatures in D&D?

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Depends on the world and GM. In Greenwoods Forgotten Realms, basically everything is sexual.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Hey! Getting laid in fantasy worlds is one of my best takeaways from rpgs. :)
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Hey, so is mine. No complaints :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:48 am

Not this page specific, but noticed with the redesign that the comic either:
• no longer points to these forums
• has the forum link buried somewhere I couldn't find

:(
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

TSBasilisk
Remains Silent

Post by TSBasilisk » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Okay, the stuff with Ears is sweet, but... look at the first panel again. The platform didn't have anything on it last time, especially not red, demonic vines. Did some of the Sacred's corruption seep into the angel's realm when Ears came through?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:08 pm

Ellie confirmed on Twitter that it was intended.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:20 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:08 pm Ellie confirmed on Twitter that it was intended.
TSBasilisk wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:52 pm Okay, the stuff with Ears is sweet, but... look at the first panel again. The platform didn't have anything on it last time, especially not red, demonic vines. Did some of the Sacred's corruption seep into the angel's realm when Ears came through?
https://twitter.com/SteveWithaB/status/1372674951317164033 wrote:Hang on.... is there a reason the creepy border is present now in the Angel's realm?
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1372681915552075780 wrote:Yuppers. It's the same reason that there are now hellstrands growing on the platform in panel 1.

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:48 am Not this page specific, but noticed with the redesign that the comic either:

I found the same.
Pity, does the discord at least point in its description here?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ErisStorm
Remains Silent

Post by ErisStorm » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:52 am

The angel is really growing on me.
She looked rather cute reading Ear's character sheet.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:48 am Not this page specific, but noticed with the redesign that the comic either:

It got lost in the shuffle of the redesign. That was not intentional. Restoring it is on the to-do list.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:03 am

Thanks for the links Krulle, was posting from my phone before bed.

Good to hear that someone's on it!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:14 pm

I find it surprising that Pawlush even reacted to the concept of BE being gay. I thought Pawlush was a genderless gargoyle from a species of genderless gargoyles that didn't even have a concept of gender; if that was indeed true, it would also mean they wouldn't have a concept of homosexuality (or heterosexuality).

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:28 pm

ErisStorm wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:52 am The angel is really growing on me.
She looked rather cute reading Ear's character sheet.
And I find it even better in b&w:
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1371997602154090496 wrote:ME: This character that I designed to be covered in goblin ears and curled horns, sure takes a long time to draw.
ALSO ME: This scene looks better if I draw her over and over and over and over and...
► Show Spoiler
imag spoilered for size

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:17 pm

Pawlush nailed it. It's very rude to out someone, Trolls. Besides, you just read his private fanfic - your first response should NOT be to blurt out spoilers. No matter how much you ship it.

TSBasilisk
Remains Silent

Post by TSBasilisk » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:40 am

I see two options for what's happening with the hell border. Either it's Ears's armor, which was created by the axe, or Ears himself acting as a beacon for the Sacred to reach the mortal realm. Then when he transferred to meet the angel, the beacon transferred there as well.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 am

redfeather wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:14 pm I find it surprising that Pawlush even reacted to the concept of BE being gay. I thought Pawlush was a genderless gargoyle from a species of genderless gargoyles that didn't even have a concept of gender; if that was indeed true, it would also mean they wouldn't have a concept of homosexuality (or heterosexuality).
Well, maybe Pawlush is just asking if Big Ears is happy (=gay), as he doesn't sound very happy.

Pawlush is getting it wrong, because he (maybe) simply doesn't know about sexualism...

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 am
redfeather wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:14 pm I find it surprising that Pawlush even reacted to the concept of BE being gay. I thought Pawlush was a genderless gargoyle from a species of genderless gargoyles that didn't even have a concept of gender; if that was indeed true, it would also mean they wouldn't have a concept of homosexuality (or heterosexuality).
Well, maybe Pawlush is just asking if Big Ears is happy (=gay), as he doesn't sound very happy.

Pawlush is getting it wrong, because he (maybe) simply doesn't know about sexualism...
Didn't even think about Pawlush's take on this whole matter, but yeah. Them asking about it is one thing, but it being just "is this you being merry?" would be even better. XD

Trolls: "Oh, you weren't out for your backpack?"
Pawlush: "Out? What? I mean... Isn't it I who's inside a backpack? And oh, I'm not the backpack. And are goblins happy like this?"

One super confused gargoyle. :lol:

All in all, if this was the "player characters" talking. Then it'd be obvious, because our world always spills on fantasy (drows and whatnot... :roll: #goblinhavefeelingstooandmurderhobos=Mussolinialsowhytheyhavesobignoses :paranoia:), but the goblins being "sentient NPCs" (at least I haven't yet seen there be talk about their players) you'd think they operate on more "in-world" logic... >:?
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:31 pm

I endorse this interpretation.

Panando
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Panando » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:28 am

TSBasilisk wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:40 am I see two options for what's happening with the hell border. Either it's Ears's armor, which was created by the axe, or Ears himself acting as a beacon for the Sacred to reach the mortal realm. Then when he transferred to meet the angel, the beacon transferred there as well.
I didn't notice the hell leakage at first, but the much simpler explanation is simply that Ears is carrying the axe (wrapped in the pain cloak), and the axe is a leaky demon prison.

I assume that Ears bringing the second prissian to the angel is of enormous plot significance and one would expect it should derail the test thing. It is interesting that the axe is powerful enough to corrupt whatever realm she is in too. Also interesting that she is too distracted to "smell" it or whatever.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:34 am

The other option I see is... Well. Pawlush being his species version of gay. Like... Considering him/herself a gender. At all. Or being into a certain gender.

Hey, its possible! I mean, Complains digs girls with hair (Gross!)!

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Feytala wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:34 am The other option I see is... Well. Pawlush being his species version of gay. Like... Considering him/herself a gender. At all. Or being into a certain gender.
That would just be ripping off an episode of Star Trek. I hope this isn't what's done.