28 Feb 2021: Not Cool!

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

28 Feb 2021: Not Cool!

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 am

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2021

Heh, yes, Pawlush, our Big Ears is an angel!

Also, the boop on twitter was announced by "Sombra", whoever that is: (I don't play overwatch)

and the real voice actor carolinavarassa, and not some text to voice.

Seems to be a cool feature Elli is happy about.

I'll post the links to some sketches later,
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Re: 28 Feb 2021: Not Cool!

Post by Feytala » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:04 pm

My, what a way to present yourself to an angel... But I definitely get it. Imagine someone showing up in your workplace, wearing your missing bodyparts fused to himself.^^° Why do I have the feeling that Ears, our newly made Goblin Aasimar, will not have an easier time than the others before...

Icalasari
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Icalasari » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Why does it feel that Ears will also beat this non traditionally (the angel getting pissed and attacking him maybe?), the angel ends up on thin ice, and then Thaco is the only one who passes it normally and ends up helping her with her own sentence?

sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by sshipway » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:47 pm

I don't know why, but in my head, Angel speaks in Whoopi Goldberg's voice. I wonder why.

(I propose this casting for when the movie comes out though)

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:56 pm

sshipway wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:47 pm I don't know why, but in my head, Angel speaks in Whoopi Goldberg's voice. I wonder why.

(I propose this casting for when the movie comes out though)
I never hear voices when reading, but Gellin struck me as having two voice actors talking in chourus. Probably a male and a female singer.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:46 am

"How did you do that?"
"Was that my question? I just touched my wounds with it and it did this. Can I go now?"
"You...? What? No! No, you can't! ... Wait... You did answer it correctly... Damnit! Fine. Bing, you level up. Now get out of here or I'll start chopping my parts out of you right now. *pulls the lever* What a day..."
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 am

It weirds me out that Thaco of all goblins is talking about Ears's "gross blood goop"; it's just normal blood and Thaco is the oldest goblin, he's had the most experience having to deal with blood and other "gross" stuff getting on him of anyone (notably from his own ear, which I'm certain was more disturbing than this experience, and he doesn't seem wigged *enough* that this is triggering flashbacks, ergo I think its weird that hes wigged at all). If it was the blue weird stuff that Ears is apparently now using for blood, that would make sense, but its obviously just normal goblin blood, and I would think Thaco wasn't shallow enough to have this level of squeamishness about such things.

Other than that, though, this page looks promising. Big Ears pretty definitely doesn't want to have to fight an angel; if he can get her calmed down, he'd probably just like to have a civil discussion with her, and that might be a cool scene, but otherwise I suspect Icalasari has the right idea about how this will go. I'm looking forward to the other scenes playing out as well, although having five or six of them (I forget how many PCs we currently have) might be a bit excessive.

Lightning Lance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lightning Lance » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:09 am

What would happen if Kore shows up at the angel's place?

troublemenot
Remains Silent

Post by troublemenot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Velgar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:46 am "How did you do that?"
"Was that my question? I just touched my wounds with it and it did this. Can I go now?"
"You...? What? No! No, you can't! ... Wait... You did answer it correctly... Damnit! Fine. Bing, you level up. Now get out of here or I'll start chopping my parts out of you right now. *pulls the lever* What a day..."
Heh, she actually asked like 4 questions! I wonder if that gives Ears 4 levels!!! now that would be super cool! He definately can't miss the questions this time :)

As for Redfeather's trouble, i think it's just a hint to us as to what might happen to thac0, given that our little pawlush may not see time in the same way and angel (even half-angel) blood may have healing properties that trancend time. maybe thac0 will regrow the ear he lost or have an abnormal long life because of the half-angel blood he ties to his crippled body.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:22 am

troublemenot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm (...) and angel (even half-angel) blood may have healing properties that trancend time. maybe thac0 will regrow the ear he lost or have an abnormal long life because of the half-angel blood he ties to his crippled body.
However, the blood on the headband is not half-angel blood, but regular (well, paladin-ish) goblin blood. No-Ear removed the headband before using the angel horn.

troublemenot
Remains Silent

Post by troublemenot » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:34 am

troublemenot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm
Heh, she actually asked like 4 questions! I wonder if that gives Ears 4 levels!!! now that would be super cool! He definately can't miss the questions this time :)

As for Redfeather's trouble, i think it's just a hint to us as to what might happen to thac0, given that our little pawlush may not see time in the same way and angel (even half-angel) blood may have healing properties that trancend time. maybe thac0 will regrow the ear he lost or have an abnormal long life because of the half-angel blood he ties to his crippled body.
you edited out my argument, that angels (and pawlush) may be "outside of time" in a form, so in a temporal sense: once an angel, you were always an angel. if so, it doesn''t matter when he took off the headband, his blood is transformative because time is not linear to it.

but anyway, that's not as exciting as the angel posing 4 questions to Ears! I'd like something to happen, even if it's not 4 levels for ears, maybe the next 3 ppl are auto-freed?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am

It's time, don't you think so too?
Krulle wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 am I'll post the links to some sketches later,
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1364469385046286336 wrote:Maybe I'm being subconsciously influenced by my recent breast implants, but these pecs I drew on Thaco are looking pretty big.
Sorry for my lazyness.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Hmmm, I noticed now that Thaco says at the beginning that it shouldn't be that simple to become part angel, and the angel herself seems very confused about how Ears melded with the horn. Maybe there's something special about Ears that made it possible?

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:09 am

"How hard it is to become an angel?"
"Well. It's probably like super hard!"
"Oh? Has someone tried?"
"Why would they? It's like super hard, like I said."
"But how would anyone know if no-one has tried?"
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Lightning Lance wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:09 am What would happen if Kore shows up at the angel's place?
If Kore touched a 'gnome egg', he wouldn't be sent to face Gellin - he'd be facing a dwarven 'angel' (whatever that looks like). Most likely, such a being would take one look at Kore and think, "They want me to give a hideously insane, murderous dark paladin a chance to LEVEL?? Fuck that!" and attack him. Kore would probably 'reason' that this angel has been "corrupted by its interactions with evil dwarves", and attack right back.

Which one would win? Mostly depends on what angel got theirself roped into doing this job. The GAP have worn Kore down a bit, but he's still quite deadly, he could probably take a low-level angel. An archangel, OTOH, might be able to stand up to him.

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 am

redfeather wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 am It weirds me out that Thaco of all goblins is talking about Ears's "gross blood goop"; it's just normal blood ...
Also, wasn't it Thaco that insisted on using his blindfold to bind BigEars' bloody head wounds, over BE's objections? Yeah, yer gonna get some blood on it, stop whining.

Pretty sure Thaco's just grousing here, and isn't really upset. Besides, the way things in this comic usually work, they'll find some unexpected advantage to having BigEars' blood on the bandage at some point. :lol:

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 am

ForgetsHisUID wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 am
redfeather wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 am It weirds me out that Thaco of all goblins is talking about Ears's "gross blood goop"; it's just normal blood ...
Also, wasn't it Thaco that insisted on using his blindfold to bind BigEars' bloody head wounds, over BE's objections? Yeah, yer gonna get some blood on it, stop whining.

Pretty sure Thaco's just grousing here, and isn't really upset. Besides, the way things in this comic usually work, they'll find some unexpected advantage to having BigEars' blood on the bandage at some point. :lol:
Yes. Unless it does something, the whole magical bandage part would seem rather pointless.

Here I am, still waiting for the payoff to Solomon Caine's goblin emblem belt bucket.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:52 am

Generic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 am Here I am, still waiting for the payoff to Solomon Caine's goblin emblem belt bucket.
Could have been just foreshadowing that the next wielder of the axe is a goblin. >:?

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 pm

Generic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 am Here I am, still waiting for the payoff to Solomon Caine's goblin emblem belt bucket.
Saral Caine. Not that we blame you for forgetting a B-list antagonist who's been dead for close to a decade IRL. (But I agree that that buckle needs to pay off, as does Caine's existence in general. I'm one of those who suspects an explanation for Goblinslayer's half-wood nature, Saral's apparent relationship to stone giants or Goliaths or something of that ilk, and other such mysteries of the Thuntonian setting will eventually be explained.)

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:52 am

redfeather wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 pm
Saral Caine. Not that we blame you for forgetting a B-list antagonist who's been dead for close to a decade IRL. (But I agree that that buckle needs to pay off, as does Caine's existence in general. I'm one of those who suspects an explanation for Goblinslayer's half-wood nature, Saral's apparent relationship to stone giants or Goliaths or something of that ilk, and other such mysteries of the Thuntonian setting will eventually be explained.)
If a character named Chack Norrys appears and dies, 10 years down the line that character is gonna be Chuck Norris for me, I guess.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:05 am

redfeather wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 pm
Warning, spoiler about the above topic...
► Show Spoiler