Whispers Softly

I am so bad at this! - Dec 28th Comic

Post by Insane Kitty » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:47 pm

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-21-2020

Nice way of showing up that snobby know it all angel.. haha
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: I am so bad at this! - Dec 28th Comic

Post by redfeather » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Well I was kind of hoping we'd stay at 20 total pages in 2020, but I guess it's good to have closure on this entire flashback debacle. Hopefully the story will move forward in the new year.

Starling
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Starling » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Well, that was anti-climatic... not that I am complaining, I guess Complains had enough sense in his berserk to focus on getting out rather than battle an angel to the death. ;)

Nina
Whispers Softly

Post by Nina » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 am

Hi all!
I had not considered this... only the Angel could move the lever, so he used the horn to push it down?

Clever.

I'm hoping in the new year, we can check in on Dies, and Saves a Fox.

Hugs!

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 am

Nina wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 am Hi all!
I had not considered this... only the Angel could move the lever, so he used the horn to push it down?

Clever.
Is that what happened? It looked to me like it was just really hard to move because it designed to be moved by really, really Big Bois.

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 am

Kinda explains why she's stuck doing this shit job, doesn't it?

Now all the other Goblin deities will call her 'Stumpy'. :lol:

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:48 pm

redfeather wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:41 pm Well I was kind of hoping we'd stay at 20 total pages in 2020, but I guess it's good to have closure on this entire flashback debacle. Hopefully the story will move forward in the new year.
Well... There is still a little time left... But yeah. This was prolly it for this year.

I would have figured it to go a little bit further as well. Kinda got around with that quickly-like.

I wonder if we'll ever see Trolls Mortals again...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Also kinda interesting take on the levers. Sure, she this time said: "I pull the lever on my right and you return to where you came from."

But with Kicky-boi she stated: "I'll pull the lever on my right, ascending you to the portal above, which will return you to where you came from."

You'd imagine despite the spoken difference, the system would still operate the same on both...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:59 am

Gellin's arm is... behind her horn. Shoulders are turned so that the right shoulder is towards us, and the left back. Lower arm is held upish and elbow pointing out. So her upper arm is really short now? Just checking.

I am... not at all sure why Complains would:
1. Grab hold of the horn in this instance?
2. Keep the grip on the horn, despite the lever being a more pressing issue?
3. Teleport away when the lever was pulled, instead of it just raising the platform?
4. Strike a "RAAAAH!" pose when he returned and not just... drop on his shoulder? Vorpal returned to the dungeon in the same pose he left Gellin in?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

AeronGrey
Remains Silent

Post by AeronGrey » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Generic wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:59 am Gellin's arm is... behind her horn. Shoulders are turned so that the right shoulder is towards us, and the left back. Lower arm is held upish and elbow pointing out. So her upper arm is really short now? Just checking.

3. Teleport away when the lever was pulled, instead of it just raising the platform?
4. Strike a "RAAAAH!" pose when he returned and not just... drop on his shoulder? Vorpal returned to the dungeon in the same pose he left Gellin in?
1. He grabbed it with his tail to bring to his hand because... (read below)
2. He prolly needed the horn to activate the lever (if only an angel can flip the switch)
3. The platform has been destroyed already, maybe this is how it works if that happens?
4. It was a victory RAAH like you might do if you finally open a stubborn pickle jar.
5. Gellin's arm is not short, nor is it behind her horn. Although Complains and her severed horn are within her reach (since she could reach the lever and hasn't moved from where she was) she is merely choosing to point at Complains as she talks to him, rather than reach out and grab him.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Post by ForgetsKeys » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Velgar wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm Also kinda interesting take on the levers. Sure, she this time said: "I pull the lever on my right and you return to where you came from."

But with Kicky-boi she stated: "I'll pull the lever on my right, ascending you to the portal above, which will return you to where you came from."

You'd imagine despite the spoken difference, the system would still operate the same on both...
Yeah, it's a little strange. To give the author the benefit of doubt, maybe the system was changed to prevent what happened with Vorpal from happening again, i.e. the lever now directly teleports them instead of levitating them into a portal that is easy to fly into. I don't see the portal in any of the pages with Complains, so it's possible, but if so then this should have been stated somewhere.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:53 am

AeronGrey wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:49 pm
Generic wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:59 am Gellin's arm is... behind her horn. Shoulders are turned so that the right shoulder is towards us, and the left back. Lower arm is held upish and elbow pointing out. So her upper arm is really short now? Just checking.

1. He grabbed it with his tail to bring to his hand because... (read below)
2. He prolly needed the horn to activate the lever (if only an angel can flip the switch)
3. The platform has been destroyed already, maybe this is how it works if that happens?
4. It was a victory RAAH like you might do if you finally open a stubborn pickle jar.
5. Gellin's arm is not short, nor is it behind her horn. Although Complains and her severed horn are within her reach (since she could reach the lever and hasn't moved from where she was) she is merely choosing to point at Complains as she talks to him, rather than reach out and grab him.
I did not catch any of that from the setup. Except the arm. I am ready to have a different opinion than you regarding that. I think the arm looks very strange in that frame. That is all.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 am

Why exactly did the tumbleblade gain 3 bonus levels from one attack, anybody have an idea? Do each jump and the hit count as 3 moves actually, and Stumpy didn't move on any of them?

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:05 am

Changes_everything wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 am Why exactly did the tumbleblade gain 3 bonus levels from one attack, anybody have an idea? Do each jump and the hit count as 3 moves actually, and Stumpy didn't move on any of them?
I understand it's only the tumbling that boosts it, which Complains made three on and between panels presumably. Comic-medium can after all showcase only so much movement.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:12 am

Tumbling involves either a fall of 20 feet or acrobatically moving past an enemy without giving them a chance to attack. So he fell/jumped twice to get to her, and then tumbled again to get past her to the lever.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:58 am

You'd think she'd just chase Complains to the mortal world to teach him a lesson before killing him, but "bigger things need stronger bridges to cross." So the joke's on her.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 am

You have to remember, she doesn't think he can get away, or that he can hurt her. So she isn't in attack mode yet, Then when she noticed that he damaged her horn, she was shocked and not expecting that, but still didn't think he could get away, so wanted to tell him off before she was going to kill him. Then he poofed after the lever pull and she realized she screwed up. Complains could have had time for a few attack rounds due to her not expecting him to be able to do anything.
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm

Insane Kitty wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 am You have to remember, she doesn't think he can get away, or that he can hurt her. So she isn't in attack mode yet, Then when she noticed that he damaged her horn, she was shocked and not expecting that, but still didn't think he could get away, so wanted to tell him off before she was going to kill him. Then he poofed after the lever pull and she realized she screwed up. Complains could have had time for a few attack rounds due to her not expecting him to be able to do anything.
Or: the group will be needing a horn later to stab Satan in the face with. Elli saw the opportunity to dump some angelic/divine lore, so she used an angel. There is no way Complains would survive the encounter however, given his character. So Elli had to let him escape and went for a comedic effect.

That is my takeaway on this at least.