"...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Update)

Discuss the comic here!
CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Re: "...But Let's Find Her A Sink First!" (Goblins 3/17/2013

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Liesmith wrote:Yeah, but you need to declare your dodge every round or you lose it, and I've never heard Minmax declare his dodge, so he probably doesn't have that feat anymore.
You don't loose the Feat. That was just... Fumbles being Fumbles.

You would lose the bonus, but remember, they're Players, so they don't need to say it out loud to have them "declare" it. Could be MM's player is just silently pointing at a foe each turn, to indicate which is under the effect of Dodge.

(Welcome, Hellspawned!)

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Re: "...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Upd

Post by Alarikun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Based on evidence, I'll say that the opponent that concerns me most is KlikMax. The Minmax with a Klik-i-fied arm. We've seen what Dies could do with that arm... accidentally.
Last edited by Alarikun on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr pepper
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by dr pepper » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:34 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:
Also, did anyone else notice altKlik carrying MinMax up the side of the tower!? :thumbsup:
Yes, and i predict our Minmax will get hold of it and use it to escape. I also predict he will put the sling on wrong at first and start to strangle himself.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Yeah, but you need to declare your dodge every round or you lose it, and I've never heard Minmax declare his dodge, so he probably doesn't have that feat anymore.

You would lose the bonus, but remember, they're Players, so they don't need to say it out loud to have them "declare" it. Could be MM's player is just silently pointing at a foe each turn, to indicate which is under the effect of Dodge.

(Welcome, Hellspawned!)
I think he knows that and he was just joking.

Also, welcome. We are always happy to have new members. :freaky:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:

Heh, I know, I was making a sarcasm.
Alarikun wrote:Based on evidence, I'll say that the opponent that concerns me most is KlikMax. The Minmax with a Klik-i-fied arm. We've seen what Dies cold do with that arm... accidentally.
Yeah, that arm could clear the room if used properly, but I wonder if Minmax's extremely low mental attributes might hinder it. Without knowing the differences between Dies' and Minmax's stats, I'd just be guessing (not that that ever stops me).
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Dancingrage
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Dancingrage

Post by Dancingrage » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Someone wanted an orchestral piece to go with it? Got one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d7LHNVJet0

Start from the bottom of the tower as the music starts and go clockwise around the page, ending at the last frame where MinMax is starting his rage at around 0:12.

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Liesmith wrote:Yeah, that arm could clear the room if used properly, but I wonder if Minmax's extremely low mental attributes might hinder it. Without knowing the differences between Dies' and Minmax's stats, I'd just be guessing (not that that ever stops me).
It seems to work more on instinct... so I doubt mental attributes really slow it down. Though I've gathered that, with enough willpower, he can control it. So... there, I'd say it's dependent on his Wisdom (for Will Saves).

We know that, in general, Minmaxes have a low Intelligence, and possibly low Charisma. But we don't really know about his Wisdom (though it is often attributed to Common Sense... so...).

Put simply... Minmax #156 (ours)... he's in for the fight of his life. I feel bad for Thunt having to draw all of this mess.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

dr pepper wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:
Also, did anyone else notice altKlik carrying MinMax up the side of the tower!? :thumbsup:
Yes, and i predict our Minmax will get hold of it and use it to escape. I also predict he will put the sling on wrong at first and start to strangle himself.
Which sling? altKlik is just holding his shoulders.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Heh, is that an Indiana Max to the left in the large panel? :D

Also, the "Ninja Max" can't be a Ninja, since several people saw him.

Neoriceisgood
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Neoriceisgood

Post by Neoriceisgood » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm still curious about the exact properties of Minmax his armor aside from colour changes.
http://www.neorice.com <- pixelart webcomic, worth reading if you like my art.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:49 pm

He's a ninja. Just let us have this one. :ninja:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

kirkspencer
Remains Silent

Post by kirkspencer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:01 pm

I keep looking around for the goblins. Looks to me like we've got other dwarves, we've had serpents as prey, and friends become enemies (the latter two through the alts being "it"). And if Forgath and Kin are blaming each other behind the mouth for MinMax jumping in like that, well, we may have hit the love becomes hate button.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Wait, there's a ninja emoticon? :ninja: Well, I guess it did a good job, I never knew it existed until now!
I noticed Minmax with the kitten pauldrons...that made me spit up the water I was drinking all over my notes I was using to write a report. Bahah. Thank God I already typed it all out.
There's SO MANY ALTS. SO MANY FREAKING AWESOME BACKSTORIES TO EACH ONE. OUT WITH IT, THUNT!
I also predict that it will change perspectives, or at least cut to Forgath and Kin. I mean, we can't all really expect Thunt to draw Minmax fighting ALL THOSE DAMN ALTS. Anways, I think he'll survive. Miraculously. He is Minmax, after all. Although I really agree that it'd make sense for everyone to just take a break and stop fighting--I mean, really, the keys are gone. Most of all, I really wanna know what happened to Dinkface though.
I am high in fructose.

ZainAurion
Remains Silent

Post by ZainAurion » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Neoriceisgood wrote:I'm still curious about the exact properties of Minmax his armor aside from colour changes.
Well, we know it was enough either null or heavily reduce the damage from an upward swing of Grinnorarcen's sword.

http://www.goblinscomic.com/03022012/

Now, the SRD doesn't really list how much damage he should have done with a sword (it only mentions claws, wings, tail, bite as attacks), but even just the claw attacks probably should have gibbed a unarmored Minmax huh?

So if it was enough to reduce to 0, or resist enough that it basically did no damage other then causing some knockback, it must be pretty impressive armor indeed. Even on a low roll, wouldn't Grinnorarcen have enough + to the roll that it should deal heavy damage? I'm not a D&D player, but I do know Pit Fiend's are supposed to be total chaos on the battlefield.

For a level 3 that's just unfair. But there it is, upward strike, knockback, no visible damage to him OR his armor. And THunt is very good about making even minute damage visible in battles, there hasn't been a battle yet that there wasn't damage on clothing or flesh that I can recall. So a scratchless attack resist...

Also apparently Minmax's backpack's strap was either Epic or missed, cause it wasn't severed from said strike...

Hippo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hippo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm

i wanna know what happens when "wetmax" and "firemax" meet....
I'm hungry, but i'm not hungry hungry...

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Changes_everything wrote:Heh, is that an Indiana Max to the left in the large panel? :D

Also, the "Ninja Max" can't be a Ninja, since several people saw him.
And besides, There's no such place as Japan! ;)
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Alarikun wrote:Based on evidence, I'll say that the opponent that concerns me most is KlikMax. The Minmax with a Klik-i-fied arm. We've seen what Dies could do with that arm... accidentally.
I wonder what its negative is?
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 pm

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
Alarikun wrote:Based on evidence, I'll say that the opponent that concerns me most is KlikMax. The Minmax with a Klik-i-fied arm. We've seen what Dies could do with that arm... accidentally.
Oblivion! :lol:

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Since it's an alt-Klik, it probably has the same negative as the real Klik, ie blood. One of the reasons Junior was so deadly is that its positive is blood, so everyone that it kills only makes it more powerful. Klik, on the other hand, can stab someone once and then go "REEEEEE!" and shrivel from the blood it's now coated in. Granted that one stab was enough to kill a level 1 Drow*, but it still suggests that if Minmax knew what Klik was, he could take him out just by taking a first slash at the jugular of an alt that's standing right next to Klik, thereby spraying Klik with enough blood to put him out of the fight without having to waste an attack on him. (And if he did this before Klik sets his Minmax down, then that's three combatants taken out with one attack, despite not having Power Attack or Cleave.)

* It just dawned on me that these must be Lesser Drow in order to be playable alongside level 1 Minmax and Forgath**.

** PS, I want to see an alt of him who is accurately named "Froghat".
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:01 pm

The same I think. It's only logical thing for semi-prosthesis creature to be vulnerable to limb-restorative magic.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Obviously it's positive that it feeds on is stupidity. It's negative is Intelligence.

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 pm

The red-hat makes me think of Juggernaut!
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

hypothetical
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Hypothetical

Post by hypothetical » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm

How many Axe Of Prissan wielding Forgath's are there?
The one in the 16ths update has a Red IME.
The one here http://www.goblinscomic.com/03022013/ bottom panel, foreground, right, has a White IME.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Assuming that by the 16th's update you mean this, I don't see any IME on Axe of Prissan Forgath, who's on the right side of the tower. If you're thinking of the Forgath in the foreground in the top right panel, that's just blood on his axe, and it's not the Prissan - there's no pearl floating between the blades.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 pm

hypothetical wrote:How many Axe Of Prissan wielding Forgath's are there?
The one in the 16ths update has a Red IME.
The one here http://www.goblinscomic.com/03022013/ bottom panel, foreground, right, has a White IME.
The red axe is not an Axe of Prissan, the only Axe of Prissan is the one with white IME being used to knock a Minmax off the tower. There is red blood, though.

My question is why did Minmax grab Oblivious left handed? He's always been right-handed, and we know it wasn't a mistake, because here we see the left glove grab the sword. This was planned ahead. I wonder what Thunt is up to...