"...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Update)

Discuss the comic here!
Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: "...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Upd

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am

zort wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:Hey, thanks for finding that! That must have a taken a super long time. 8)
In the interests of making your life easier: https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sour ... e%20you%22
Heh, should've though of that. In fact, I [EXPUNGED].

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 am

zort wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:Hey, thanks for finding that! That must have a taken a super long time. 8)
In the interests of making your life easier: https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sour ... e%20you%22
:shock: Holy crap! Thank knowledge of the universe has been shown to me. And I think I just gained a level in Google-fu! Thank you! :praise:

wrecan
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by wrecan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 am

raaabr wrote: Also, people can sometimes have a "If I can't win, then you can't either!" mentality, and even though Kin and Forgath have the keys, none of them (to our knowledge) knows that winning means that everyone in that group survives. So they might just want to take some petty revenge.
That's true, but it still seems a pointless risk. I guess we'll see,

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 am

Maybe the tower is sticky? :shrug: While some appear to have grips and/or footholds on the threads, others are just magically attached. I think it's not so much a "D&D thing" as a it's-really-a-pain-to-draw-someone-actually-climbing-let-alone-30-people-actually-climbing thing.

bobagorof
Remains Silent

Re: "...But Let's Find Her A Sink First!" (Goblins 3/17/2013

Post by bobagorof » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Alarikun wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Yeah, that arm could clear the room if used properly, but I wonder if Minmax's extremely low mental attributes might hinder it. Without knowing the differences between Dies' and Minmax's stats, I'd just be guessing (not that that ever stops me).
It seems to work more on instinct... so I doubt mental attributes really slow it down. Though I've gathered that, with enough willpower, he can control it. So... there, I'd say it's dependent on his Wisdom (for Will Saves).

We know that, in general, Minmaxes have a low Intelligence, and possibly low Charisma. But we don't really know about his Wisdom (though it is often attributed to Common Sense... so...).
Minmax has a 'lousy' Wisdom
http://www.goblinscomic.com/07312005/

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Man, it's weird seeing the comic in b&w....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 am

I know that THunt doesn't like the style of those older ones but I do.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 am

brnforce wrote:I know that THunt doesn't like the style of those older ones but I do.
The only problem I have with the earlier comics is not being able to tell anyone apart except for One-Eye, Fumbles, Dies and Chief (and that is due to my RL issue with putting faces to names and the fact that I started reading Goblins after Thunt had to put that first page up to advise about the evolution of the art).

Otherwise, I find the gradual evolution of the art to be kinda inspiring for someone who has rather lovely pictures in her mind that she can't even come close to getting on paper currently.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:04 am

CelineSSauve wrote:Otherwise, I find the gradual evolution of the art to be kinda inspiring for someone who has rather lovely pictures in her mind that she can't even come close to getting on paper currently.
I know the feeling. Although to my eye Goblins has changed fairly little since the first colored strip, so where I actually got this impression was from the comic "Questionable Content". That one is 2000+ strips old (daily updates M-F for at least like eight years), and the style has gone through at least like six clearly identifiable phases which look like they're all by different arists.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 am

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 am

Love it... you do great work Morikahn.... Glad to see THunts "baby" is treated with respect :)
-Best regards LAYF

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:47 am

The brightly glowing FireMax makes me very happy. And the tower looks so dramatic in panel 1.
My long-neglected blog.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 am

Beautiful!

But again... Am I the only one seeing that the pink/white Kin becomes white/pink in the two frames on the right?

Again, this is not "unfair criticism" of the colourist. This is an error in the actual image he was working with. An error I remember people mentioning in this thread once or twice.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 am

I see Kin swapping colors too.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:50 am

Maybe she is a chameleon kin. KinmeleonTM. I'm trademarking that right now. See, trademarked. Awesome coloring Forest. It's just amazing.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am

SamWiser wrote:Maybe she is a chameleon kin. KinmeleonTM. I'm trademarking that right now. See, trademarked. Awesome coloring Forest. It's just amazing.
You know, she might change a bit, because the two "fins" on the side seem to be in a slightly different place in the comic after that? :shrug: