"...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Update)

Discuss the comic here!
gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: "...But Let's Find Her A Sink first!" (March 17 2013 Upd

Post by gamecreator » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Does he surely not ambidextrous?

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Rorrik wrote:I wonder what Thunt is up to...
World domination. As per usual. ;)

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 pm

gamecreator wrote:Does he surely not ambidextrous?
He could be, but in the past he's always fought right handed. Thunt didn't just have him grab in left handed for nothing, he's been planning this battle since at least the strip where Minmax last dropped the sword and took it up left handed.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Everyone in the world is ambidextrous in D&D 3.5. But I also think I remember Minmax saying something about ambidexterity specifically, possibly during the Goblinslayer fight.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Svafnir
Remains Silent

Post by Svafnir » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Dancingrage wrote:Someone wanted an orchestral piece to go with it? Got one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d7LHNVJet0
I'm more in favor of this one. Hell, in that shot Peter Mensah even kind of LOOKS like Minmax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPGVY6LBHk&t=1m0s

As with yours, start at the bottom and scroll up slowly with each guitar riff, reading clockwise once you reach the top.

>:D

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey, I just noticed that when we first see KlikMax flying up, he has black eyebrows, but when Minmax says 'let's get sara puked it' he has blonde ones.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Yeah, Thunt tweeted that there are some coloring mistakes that he plans to fix in the morning. That's the only one I could find, though, I don't know what else he could have meant.
I am high in fructose.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:Yeah, Thunt tweeted that there are some coloring mistakes that he plans to fix in the morning. That's the only one I could find, though, I don't know what else he could have meant.
Keep in mind that Thunt know what all the realities should look like, so we may not even notice, but he knows.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Hm, good point...I seriously think he could publish a whole book just on all the alternates and all their backstories. I'd buy it in a heartbeat :D
I am high in fructose.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:Hm, good point...I seriously think he could publish a whole book just on all the alternates and all their backstories. I'd buy it in a heartbeat :D
Ditto. :lol:

Jebeddo
Remains Silent

Post by Jebeddo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Uhm... I gotta point something out, Minmax is very brave with what he did, but isn't there a rule that the group (the FMK group) has to finish together, or they don't qualify for victory, I may be wrong but I recall that being a rule. :shrug:

Mytical
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mytical » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah, yeah..but where is the reality where all females (including Kin) come from the honey realm? ((This is a joke people :p))

What I want to know is, what is the point for the other alternates to fight now? The keys are GONE, even minmax would be smart enough to guess that our MM was throwing the keys to SOMEONE. So..what exactly is there left to fight for in this room? Oh right, mostly evil alternative realities..never mind...carry on.

MegaJar
Remains Silent

Post by MegaJar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey all, long-time reader, first-time poster here. Just registered to post the following observation: all the drama and speculation about whether Minmax will survive this fight? It's all pretty much moot. We already know, FOR A FACT, that he survives. How? From the last panel on this page. Although the person saying that line is off-panel, it's pretty clear that it's Minmax, as he's the only one who's ever referred to Complains-of-Names as simply "Names". And furthermore, in the panel just before it, the speaker appears in a flash of green light -- presumably by way of the Jade Teapot. So unless Thunt plans on ret-conning away those last two panels, it's a safe bet that Minmax will be getting out of this scrap alive. ;)

(On a side note, that page is also the last page to feature the Goblin Adventuring Party. You remember them, right? The supposed "stars" of this comic? That's right, we haven't seen them in OVER TWO YEARS. Scary, ain't it?)
Last edited by MegaJar on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 pm

The scary thing is that we can't see anything in the hole his sword comes through. It's just white, like the oblivion holes.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Hydrawithwings
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Hydrawithwings

Post by Hydrawithwings » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 pm

I have complete faith in Minmax. This is the same guy who kills ppl with his belt buckle while being strapped to a wall. He's amped up; he's got his sword; and even his armor is black. No way, he is going down. Besides, if he dies I will weep bitterly for the rest of the week and deplete the oreo stocks at the local grocery store.

Sizemore Rockwell
Remains Silent

Post by Sizemore Rockwell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Mytical wrote:What I want to know is, what is the point for the other alternates to fight now? The keys are GONE, even minmax would be smart enough to guess that our MM was throwing the keys to SOMEONE. So..what exactly is there left to fight for in this room? Oh right, mostly evil alternative realities..never mind...carry on.
Looking back at the previous page, I don't think most of the folks on or near the tower had a line-of-sight to Minmax's throw, or perhaps even to the fact that he dropped down onto the tower from above.

I think that's Scarmax (from reality 88, with super-scary goblins) to the right of Hulkgath.

I'm not sure if RedBlackgath is a fast climber (passing CandyKin to be the first standing on the top) or if he's just the most reckless, since the alts behind Minmax look like they may have paused on the edge.

Just figured out that the altgath on the tower fighting the altmax with the IME-eyepatch has bracers that send out sticky tentacles that look like ropes but bleed when severed. On the latest page, Tentaclegath has backed off along one of the horizontal thingies to let the alts battle it out.

By the way, Klikmax is probably low on HP. He took a nasty slice, probably a critical hit to his neck, when he was on the ground.

I'm wondering if the heavily-armored Kin behind Minmax is the "disturbingly violent" Kin on the same team as the Axe of Prissan Forgath from Reality 145, but with an armor upgrade.

I bet the mummy-wrapped lower body of the altmax on the horizontal thingy on the right goes along with the alt-kin in the middle of the tower panel with the long blonde ponytail.

Ginger-headed-max's sword is probably good, since he started with Goblinslayer's sword.

Pink pig-tail alt-kin and Hat-max are from the same team, and the altgath directly above pink pig-tail alt-kin could be theirs. With Hulk-Kin still on the ground, that may be the only full team on the tower.

Interesting: the angle from which Cat-pauldronMax's headshot came suggests it might be the leather-armored altgath: Druidic justice? This would require Druidgath to be making little effort to get to the tower. Maybe he's lacking in bloodlust, with the exception of cat-killers.

GetsDumpedOften
Remains Silent

Post by GetsDumpedOften » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm

SamWiser wrote:The scary thing is that we can't see anything in the hole his sword comes through. It's just white, like the oblivion holes.
It's because he is taking the sword from the past, not putting it out for the future. What you would see if Thunt drew it would be Minmax and Kin amidst the zombie us'es.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Sizemore Rockwell wrote:By the way, Klikmax is probably low on HP. He took a nasty slice, probably a critical hit to his neck, when he was on the ground.
I think he's actually the one doing the slicing (with his klik arm). Alt-Klik is holding Blond-Brows still so Klikmax can get a good hit in. If you look at the arms, for Blond-Brows to have a klik arm, he'd have a doublely long forearm (w/ 2 elbows). Also, if you look at the most recent post, Klikmax doesn't have spiked pauldrons.
Aspartame wrote:
willpell wrote:
Croabadrake wrote:Also, the red-headed and I-hope-female Minmax is getting close to the top.
Minnie Max?
In the middle side panel, your topless 'LadyMax' is looking a bit more ripped than I personally prefer in my females.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: In the middle side panel, your topless 'LadyMax' is looking a bit more ripped than I personally prefer in my females.
I prefer women I date to have at least a +8 to hit, because I like to feel safe.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

GetsDumpedOften
Remains Silent

Post by GetsDumpedOften » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 am

What if they decide to hit your face instead?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 am

I'm calling Minmax as 100% guaranteed to live, because of something Thunt blogged back around the time he & Danielle got married.
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 am

RocketScientist wrote:I'm calling Minmax as 100% guaranteed to live, because of something Thunt blogged back around the time he & Danielle got married.
► Show Spoiler
After much time crawling through the archives, I've found it: http://www.goblinscomic.com/she-said-yes/
Given the context, it's very likely that that was what he meant, but it may not be either of the characters saying it.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 am

Glemp wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:I'm calling Minmax as 100% guaranteed to live, because of something Thunt blogged back around the time he & Danielle got married.
► Show Spoiler
After much time crawling through the archives, I've found it: http://www.goblinscomic.com/she-said-yes/
Given the context, it's very likely that that was what he meant, but it may not be either of the characters saying it.
Oh, come on. I got such a happy Squee! when Thunt first posted that line. If it's another Kin and MinMax pair that say it (especially after a point was made that no other realities could possibly be in love with each other), I'll be sorely disappointed.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:30 am

Minmax has what I believe the tropers call "Plot Armor." There's just too many things we need him to do yet.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

wrecan
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by wrecan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:34 am

As far as I'm concerned, the issue isn't whether MinMax survives, but how he survives, and at what cost.