Feb 5th, 2020 - Hardware Bugs

Discuss the comic here!
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: 5 Feb 2020 - A Silent Fight

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:28 am

Krulle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:28 am
GathersIngredients wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:37 am Awww, we didn't get to see the glimpse of the future, where he pulled oblivious from.
Minmax pulled Oblivious from the past. If he lets go, it'll go to the future...
Research in spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I looked it up and it seems you are right. If he lets go it gets suspended in time and space until he summons it again. So when he lets go, he gives us a glimpse of the future. (Because it will then show the next moment he summons it, sometime with being able to hear stuff, too.) But he has been known to summon it multiple times in one battle, I guess I was hoping for that.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: Feb 5th, 2020 - Hardware Bugs

Post by Glemp » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 am

For the record, the rules re. the sword is that it can affect matter like a normal sword, but nothing save MM can affect it in turn. If MM tried to cut a rock in half, it wouldn't work, but if someone threw the rock at Oblivious, it would just bounce off and MM wouldn't even notice. Forgath was even able to hang himself off it, and MM didn't feel the pull whatsoever.

Even time can't affect it, so if MM drops it, it would usually stay in that one moment, left behind as the rest of the world moves forwards. However, if MM reaches for it, it will still come to him even if it's seconds or even hours later.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

I remember things like that being established, but not as precise as you say. You have any references where this is specified?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Nina
Whispers Softly

Post by Nina » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 pm

Glemp wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 am For the record, the rules are ...
Nice Summary!

Hugs, Nina.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Generic wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am I remember things like that being established, but not as precise as you say. You have any references where this is specified?
Certainly. This page, and the one after it, have FMK testing the sword out and Kin explaining it in dialogue. It's all rather a lot, but the short of it is Kin's line "So the sword can affect, but it can't be affected, except by Minmax, its creator.". We also see Forgath using the sword for pull ups, and MM not noticing his weight. A few pages later, we see Minmax using the sword to block Not-Walter's, and despite having a demon's strength he is unable to budge it.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks bud.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.