1 September 2019: Flurry of Blows

Discuss the comic here!
Verdant Mage
Remains Silent

Re: 1 September 2019: Flurry of Blows

Post by Verdant Mage » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:42 am

Wanderl0st wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:11 pm I'm a bit new, and just now noticing this, but what's that robe fumbles has on? I looked back through the comic and it's definitely a magic item, since it bursts into flames here, but i cant find where he gets it.
It’s the Cloak of Pain. Fumbles is experiencing constant physical pain every round he wears it, but protects him from all nonmagical damage. But since he was tortured horribly, he might not even really notice that pain.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Verdant Mage wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:42 am
Wanderl0st wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:11 pm I'm a bit new, and just now noticing this, but what's that robe fumbles has on? I looked back through the comic and it's definitely a magic item, since it bursts into flames here, but i cant find where he gets it.
It’s the Cloak of Pain. Fumbles is experiencing constant physical pain every round he wears it, but protects him from all nonmagical damage. But since he was tortured horribly, he might not even really notice that pain.
I see why you think that. The only cloak that has been mentioned is the pain cloak.That one is different color however, and is still wrapped around the axe of prissan.
This is another cloak that appeared in the art and was gone for a while until Fumbles put it on. It seems to have some fire effect. I assume it is not important.
The surviving magical items that made an impression on me is:
Lots of impression:
Paincloak
Incredibly powerful tumble-sword
Ring of holding
Items that made small impression:
Clamp-axe? It had it's description written out, and MinMax/Big Ears had a conversation about it.
Complains... Leg-arm-armour?
No impression
This cloak.

This cloak has never been mentioned specifically, so at first I assumed it was just some thing Fumbles found somewhere and put on to have a "official" look about himself while performing the ritual. It shooting flames I first contributed to Fumbles being in the middle of said important ritual.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Verdant Mage wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:42 am
Nope. It is not, as the correct answer had already been given in this thread.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Where did that black cloak come from? I don't recall seeing it in the loot pile"
ImageImage
Ellipsis tweet doesn't seem to be online anymore... Can't make the link work. :(
Usually links to Thunt_Goblins just get forwarded to the new correct link, but someone squatted the @Thunt_Goblins, and now the links to older posts are broken. Replacing Thunt_Goblins by EllipsisGoblins doesn't help. Maybe she pulled the tweet...

Anyway: Origin of the left panel, already 2 and a half years past.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards