April 22 2019 - Oops!

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: April 22 2019 - Oops!

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Actually, Minmax really could have done well with a brief rage-moment when Kore's presence was hinted by Doorman; Fumbles would assure him that vengeance won't be possible any time soon and the story would progress the same.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:13 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 pm Actually, Minmax really could have done well with a brief rage-moment when Kore's presence was hinted by Doorman; Fumbles would assure him that vengeance won't be possible any time soon and the story would progress the same.
Well, he was kinda determined on vengence once he saw Kores IME on the... doorem? Goloor?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 am
Generic wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:00 amI don't know about you, but I can be distraught about things that are out of my control.

Minmax did not seem to be to upset about Forgath biting the dust on the bridge. He had some reaction just after, but close after that he was goofing around with kickasso. Forgath falling had no lasting impact on him, and now I don't see how this should affect him much.
How could I forget, all humans have the power of the Giro Giro Fruit and Minmax can just see through the mountain that Forgath fell. It's the same power that lets you know I am a nudist.

Or, for all he knows, Forgath won the battle with his dwarven laser-vision (actual Minmax belief) and is waiting at the Dragon's Maw exit wearing Kore's armor and waiting to serve as the priest in Kin's wedding. My new signature was well-chosen.
Well, if you would pay attention to this comic; note how Fumbles claims that Minmax's "girlfriend and bestest buddy" (i. e. Kin and Forgath) both died. Minmax is quick to point that Kin didn't die, but doesn't object to Forgath being dead. So the attentive reader can reasonably conclude that Minmax assumes Forgath really is dead.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:56 am

There's always the meta issue.
Minmax's player might know about Herbert's sessions with Forgath's player, and thus assume Forgath has just been separated from the group and continues on his own, or joined another session with different players.

Also, Forgath told Minmax Dwarfs don't have laser vision.
► Show Spoiler
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am

For once, Generic has one over on me, and does it better than the rest of you. So all this talk of Minmax not anguishing enough for his pal has been for naught, now that the "watching Forgath's demise" business has been squashed. Any dissatisfaction here, I think, should be laid squarely at Minmax's faulty role-playing; which should logically be a promotion of him reuniting with the character who brings out the best in him.

While the players' knowledge and behavior is always a subtle factor in this story, the fact that we never connect with them directly means it would be bad story-telling to hinge any development on out-of-game matters. And of course Minmax has already been told it isn't so, but it was a plenty relevant enough reference for the point I was making and he's the kind of character who only wouldn't say the same thing again for variety's sake.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:32 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 am My new signature was well-chosen.
Your arrogance is mind blowing. How anyone her tolerates you is mind blowing. You aren't even fun or interesting to debate because you just brush everyone off as being below you. I've criticized this comic, and some members here, plenty and I'm still more polite and less of a dick than you. Hell, the people over at BWW are far nicer and less arrogant than you. I also no longer care if this makes the Mods mad. I'm tired of reading your bullshit. You in particular will (and I'm sure have already) stop a lot of new readers from ever posting here. I'm done here.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:21 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am For once, Generic has one over on me, and does it better than the rest of you. So all this talk of Minmax not anguishing enough for his pal has been for naught, now that the "watching Forgath's demise" business has been squashed. Any dissatisfaction here, I think, should be laid squarely at Minmax's faulty role-playing; which should logically be a promotion of him reuniting with the character who brings out the best in him.

While the players' knowledge and behavior is always a subtle factor in this story, the fact that we never connect with them directly means it would be bad story-telling to hinge any development on out-of-game matters. And of course Minmax has already been told it isn't so, but it was a plenty relevant enough reference for the point I was making and he's the kind of character who only wouldn't say the same thing again for variety's sake.
Whatever. You are free to feel that MinMax portrays the gravity of the situation good/and/or bad. Or whatever "'watching Forgath's demise'business is squashed" implies. At this point he should expect that Forgath is dead or in deep trouble. I feel he mostly is a bumbling goofball and that it totally deflates... Fuck it. I've said this already.

Generic out.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 am

Xavier78 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 pmSome of you think too hard. This comic can actually be entertaining if you just turn your brain off for a while.
Anybody who uses the term "turn your brain off" in a positive context can be lived without. Your protest is also amusingly timed, just after somebody that I agreed with rightly corrected themselves.

On that: the concession of subjectivity is definitely something I can get behind. For this story in particular, I lean towards burdening the players with such character flaws instead of their characters; which makes it not as big a deal, because how common are masterful role-players, really? I think the dice-rollers are a crutch Thunt would be better off without, but whether he would actually improve his writing is up for speculation.