alts. march 15 2013

Discuss the comic here!
Likesblue
Remains Silent

alts. march 15 2013

Post by Likesblue » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 am

So...reality 169 Klingon Style? Hulkish? Klinghulk mashup? other? I'd like to hear about the PinkKin reality. o:)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: alts. march 15 2013

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:43 am

Haha my god reality 169... :lol:

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 am

I love how their description took an unexpected turn with the whole quantum physics. I wonder just how many of these pages will he be producing?
Each day that he delays the actual comic, the more the suspense grows. Can't wait to see it!
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:35 am

Ok reality 169 is my new favourite!

SpiderDave
Remains Silent

Post by SpiderDave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 am

A reality where everyone is Bruce Banner? Awesome. The other one seems like an interesting place to run a campaign though!

Fen
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Fen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 am

"Having no license, the two characters were forbidden to carry weapons and enter a dungeon crawl"

I wonder if that means they were forbidden to carry weapons IN a dungeon crawl, or forbidden to carry weapons and also forbidden to enter a dungeon crawl. If they walked into the MoM with no weapons, they'd have to rely on whatever they found.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 am

Fen wrote:"Having no license, the two characters were forbidden to carry weapons and enter a dungeon crawl"

I wonder if that means they were forbidden to carry weapons IN a dungeon crawl, or forbidden to carry weapons and also forbidden to enter a dungeon crawl. If they walked into the MoM with no weapons, they'd have to rely on whatever they found.
Or, they broke the law by taking weapons, figuring they'd "escape" from the law by entering the MoM?

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am

They do appear to be unarmed.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 am

Fen wrote:"Having no license, the two characters were forbidden to carry weapons and enter a dungeon crawl"
That's a pretty dickish rule, given that it does nothing to stop spellcasters from being as broken as ever, while entirely taking away the possibility that even the greatest fighter in history will ever catch up.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 am

169 seems to me to be a contradiction: They don't comprehend that other realities aren't just like them but they comprehend that Quantum Theory explains how alternated can exist? Sounds like a strange disconnect.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's a freaking hilarious disconnect.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 am

It's just they can only expect themselves to be on mainstream part of the scale.

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 am

Rorrik wrote:169 seems to me to be a contradiction: They don't comprehend that other realities aren't just like them but they comprehend that Quantum Theory explains how alternated can exist? Sounds like a strange disconnect.

Their surprise doesn't come from the fact that there are differences, but because they're the only ones who are "normal". Imagine if you went into the Maze of Many and discovered that ALL of your alts were frog people. You might be saying "what the hell? Why am I the ONLY human version of me?!".

:stab:

bearhino
Remains Silent

Post by bearhino » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 am

I wonder if 156 Forgath's father wrote F I S T on his knuckles...

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 pm

willpell wrote:
That's a pretty dickish rule, given that it does nothing to stop spellcasters from being as broken as ever, while entirely taking away the possibility that even the greatest fighter in history will ever catch up.
I wonder what counts as a "weapon". I may not be able to carry a spear, but can I carry this pitchfork?
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 pm

The law might also factor non-corporal weapons so that mages are restricted like everyone else. As for how they'd enforce such a law, I imagine the Chantry has a few ideas...
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 pm

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
willpell wrote:
I wonder what counts as a "weapon". I may not be able to carry a spear, but can I carry this pitchfork?
This brought to mind the DMotR comic ... which, if you haven't read, ...what have you been doing with your life... o:) I suggest you go and get started (then come back and check the spoiler):
► Show Spoiler

SpellsPourly
Remains Silent

Post by SpellsPourly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
willpell wrote:
Well interestingly enough, that's basically what happened back in the day with Japan. They had extremely strict weapon control laws (only samurai were allowed to carry) so peasants became quite good at fighting with things like farming tools.
How hard can Med School be? It's just Geography of People, right?

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Not bad substitute for a comic update! I love all their intricate backstories, I just wish there were more than two :P dem face junks.
I am high in fructose.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Well if you cant be an adventurer without a license you could never legally level up as a magic user. You would be stuck at level 1. Whats a 'high' damaging spell for a level one wizard?
Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.

Hitting someone with a torch would be more effective.
Last edited by SccrD25 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Thunt wrote:
Rorrik wrote:169 seems to me to be a contradiction: They don't comprehend that other realities aren't just like them but they comprehend that Quantum Theory explains how alternated can exist? Sounds like a strange disconnect.

Their surprise doesn't come from the fact that there are differences, but because they're the only ones who are "normal". Imagine if you went into the Maze of Many and discovered that ALL of your alts were frog people. You might be saying "what the hell? Why am I the ONLY human version of me?!".

:stab:

Good call. >:-P <- that's me being stabbed. Given their understanding of Quantum Mechanics, they would probably also understand how unlikely it is that they be a crazy outlier size-wise. The expectation would be for each set to have at least another set near in size.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm

SccrD25 wrote:Well if you cant be an adventurer without a license you could never legally level up as a magic user. You would be stuck at level 1. Whats a 'high' damaging spell for a level one wizard?
Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.

Hitting someone with a torch would be more effective.
Auto hit 1d4+1 is better. Also there are a lot of crazy things one can do with illusions....if one is creative enough.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Very true
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm sad nobody seems to have gotten my reference. :(
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:I'm sad nobody seems to have gotten my reference. :(
I did! I just didn't feel like responding. :P

I kid, I kid. I couldn't think of anything witty.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Care to explain the reference then?