Reincarnate MInmax?

Discuss the comic here!
axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Reincarnate MInmax?

Post by axe11154 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 am

I gotta ask
If you were to choose a minmax to be brought back but as a different character (Just the theme of them) Who would it be?

For me its the jaba Max
His chubby self, and that weapon he carries O_O its like a trident gone cross.
Maybe if he were to return as some king ruling the land of fat slugs?
I am a goblin, Just a little fat is all.

willpell
Banned

Re: Reincarnate MInmax?

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:21 am

axe11154 wrote:I gotta ask
If you were to choose a minmax to be brought back but as a different character (Just the theme of them) Who would it be?

For me its the jaba Max
I'm obviously partial to Psimax myself. Other than that, this Minmax's chainmail hood is absolutely adorable, it makes me think he's a cleric or crusader or something, though according to the attached text he's just a fighter as usual. Oh, and I'm intensely curious about pitch-black-Max, as well as FemMax, BlueMax, and anyone similarly weird-looking.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 pm

willpell wrote:
axe11154 wrote:I gotta ask

For me its the jaba Max
I'm obviously partial to Psimax myself. Other than that, this Minmax's chainmail hood is absolutely adorable, it makes me think he's a cleric or crusader or something, though according to the attached text he's just a fighter as usual. Oh, and I'm intensely curious about pitch-black-Max, as well as FemMax, BlueMax, and anyone similarly weird-looking.
I don't recall ever seeing a FemMax? :|

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Wizmax is ripe for long term power.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Eustace
Remains Silent

Post by Eustace » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

I actually liked Pipe Max. I thought it was interesting how even though the character never spoke he said a lot with facial expressions. I give kudos to Thunt for pulling that off.

On a related note I sure would like to see maybe a side story or spin of comic of some of these alternate realities. Some of them sound so fun and I bet they would make for some good reading. Just a thought.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Marnath wrote:I don't recall ever seeing a FemMax? :|
Hard to be sure, but LOOKS female to me. (Insert the old elf joke about how humans must think everything looks like a girl.)

Also I never noticed this solo Fogath before. Wonder if he's played by Minmax's player, or if he killed his Minmax, or what the story is. He's got a hammer in each hand and he looks more buff than usual.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

I would want to see how palllymax is, It would be interesting to see a chaotic good pallymax running around. I mean paladins are pretty OP+warrior and no penalties (hence the chaotic good) add to that minmax's minmaxing... Damn he'd be a powerhouse.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Orzahn wrote:I would want to see how palllymax is, It would be interesting to see a chaotic good pallymax running around. I mean paladins are pretty OP+warrior and no penalties (hence the chaotic good) add to that minmax's minmaxing... Damn he'd be a powerhouse.
Paladins overpowered? Maybe in 1E or 2E; certainly not in 3E. Even if you completely drop the restrictions of the paladin's code, what you're left with is a half-strength cleric with better BAB and a couple of mildly useful SLAs. If Minmax really wanted to be broken, he'd play a Druid. Though admittedly they don't really get broken until 5th level and above, and he's only 3rd...even that, though, would get him an animal companion, 2 levels of spellcasting, and 3/4 bab plus moderately good armor. A minmaxed druid...I don't even know what you could do.
My long-neglected blog.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:29 pm

willpell wrote: Paladins overpowered? Maybe in 1E or 2E; certainly not in 3E. Even if you completely drop the restrictions of the paladin's code, what you're left with is a half-strength cleric with better BAB and a couple of mildly useful SLAs. If Minmax really wanted to be broken, he'd play a Druid.
Hmm, that may be true in normal play but with a world as low powered as Thunt's where 4th-7th level rangers(being able to first cast a spell with and without bonus slots from wisdom respectively) are "high level" and where a monk can be a completely effective member of the party, paladin with high stat rolls could be very powerful. Consider the case of the goblins: their other option would have been the warrior class, and comparing that to paladin instead of the tier 1 casters shows that paladin is strictly better in every possible sense. Minmax would otherwise be comparing to fighter which is more powerful than warrior and he would then be sacrificing bonus feats in exchange for abilities of questionable worth. Given the shenanigans he apparently pulled for trading in things like the ability to wink for more feats, I'd say the advantage of fighter bonus feats diminishes considerably since he can just do the same thing on a paladin.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Minmask is my Max of choice. Who is that masked max? (Say that three times fast.)