About the *K E N* Collar

Discuss the comic here!
ronan-schuck
Remains Silent

About the *K E N* Collar

Post by ronan-schuck » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:33 pm

So, Kin's energy has the letters K, E and N from the collar, and I'm intrigued.

Is oblivion not enough to detain that memory(in an over dramatic bard voice)?
What about the rest of the birthday. Alright, the collar is a gift. What about the mice? What about the "most wonderful thing someone did to her".

And if the collar never existed, Kin 156 won't remember the other kin's lecture on collar or collars. Good riddance because I hated her guts for that. Thoughts?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: About the *K E N* Collar

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 am

It's well-demonstrated that everything about their memory remains except the obliviated object replaced with an absence in every recollection; yes, the birthday still happened. If Kin focused on the moment of receiving the gift, she would remember Minmax giving her an empty wad of leaves and pulling nothing up from it.

Her I.M.E. has developed the way it has because love conquers all yada yada or more exactly: it's memory that's erased with the matter, but not the emotions connected to those memories. She's seeking out Minmax because she has determined this emotional connection, but not that her I.M.E. is expressing it.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

ronan-schuck
Remains Silent

Post by ronan-schuck » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:39 pm

This warms my heart. I know the prophecy "love fuels hate" and such, but they can be lovers AFTER they fight, right? I mean... It kinda happens all the time with kinda healthy couples ^^

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 am Her I.M.E. has developed the way it has because love conquers all yada yada or more exactly: it's memory that's erased with the matter, but not the emotions connected to those memories. She's seeking out Minmax because she has determined this emotional connection, but not that her I.M.E. is expressing it.
Or, if I may sum up it's effect in a single quote to supplement your explanation, "I trust you Minmax...But why do I trust you?"

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:17 pm

The last time we discussed this, some people were stubbornly insisting this to be a plot hole because oblivion holes are clearly perfect, right?
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 pm

The form of the necklace being exactly replicated by the IME indicates that magic can access the shapes (the "platonic ideals" as it were) of objects that were obliviated. If the IME came from Kin's memory, then even if she somehow accessed the letters E, K, and N, they wouldn't appear identical to the stones that Minmax scratched them into. They do. Ergo, even though the O-hole deleted the necklace from physical reality, it hasn't vanished from "all existence" (which is further proof of the fact that, as Psimax stated, the O-holes aren't real Oblivion).

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 pm

The O-hole retroactively removed the object from existence, but not the effects of the object on the rest of the universe - and the necklace "touched Kin's soul", to put it over-dramatically. So her aura, her soul, whatever, still bears the impact of the necklace, even though the necklace no longer ever existed.