27th november: Crunch crunch

Discuss the comic here!
redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: 27th november: Crunch crunch

Post by redfeather » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:41 pm

LarsenSan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 am Seriously, while I was reading this in my mind I could hear Forgath shouting "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"
Eight hearts well spent.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm

LarsenSan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 am Seriously, while I was reading this in my mind I could hear Forgath shouting "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"
Please educate me!
I feel like(*) I'm missing something important and very entertaining, and that everyone knows except me.

Where does ORA ORA / 8 hearts / "next meal" come from?

(*) - Yea yea, I know it is not important at all and not everyone knows it. I'm still hopeful about the entertaining bit.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Arrow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pmPlease educate me!
I feel like(*) I'm missing something important and very entertaining, and that everyone knows except me.

(*) - Yea yea, I know it is not important at all and not everyone knows it. I'm still hopeful about the entertaining bit.
I have no idea what "ORA ORA" or "8 hearts well-spent" mean because I don't watch or read it myself. But in the prologue to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dio first shows how much trouble he'll be by stealing a kiss from his brother Jojo's childhood sweetheart and declaring "You thought your first kiss would be Jojo; but it was I, Dio!" In JBA, every character keeps the posture of an angry god in their most relaxed moments and nothing is said without the intensity of a natural disaster.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:52 am

Arrow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm
Please educate me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHE5q1NGa4

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Arrow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm Where does ORA ORA / 8 hearts / "next meal" come from?
That middle one is my fault; I assumed the ORA ORA was a reference to Juste Belmont in Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. "Hearts" are a resource used to activate the "subweapons" in this game, one of which is the Sacred Fist; when this is used, Juste throws a series of rapid-fire punches while shouting "ORA ORA ORA!" Dunno if that was actually what the original poster of ORA ORA had in mind, [highlight]and no idea where anyone is even seeing "next meal"[/highlight] er, nevermind, the exact quote was "easy meal" and I get it now; I was just trying to amuse myself with a private comment whose meaning nobody else was expected to understand. No intentional confusion of anyone else was intended; it was just the equivalent of muttering to myself in a low voice.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:56 am

Thank you everyone for explaining!

Formaltide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Formaltide » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm

ORA ORA ORA and "You thought it was XXX, but it was I, XXX" jokes are completely based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure -- I also haven't read/watched it myself, but I hang out in anime forums enough and it's a pretty rampant meme.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Formaltide wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm ORA ORA ORA and "You thought it was XXX, but it was I, XXX" jokes are completely based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure -- I also haven't read/watched it myself, but I hang out in anime forums enough and it's a pretty rampant meme.
Oh, well, since we're talking JJBA memes...