24 Sep 2018 - something's coming....

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

24 Sep 2018 - something's coming....

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:46 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-22-2018

...through the bushes.

Well, let's see how prepared Bowst and Idle really are, or whether it was more talk than effectiveness.
And if her daily curse will be beneficial in this situation.

[edit]
A sketch of the ninth panel:

Also corrected the date....
[/edit]
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 22 Sep 2018 - something's coming....

Post by Generic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Alright, we knew last page that Buzz was coming. What is planted and what we don't know is whether Split has been scratched. So it probably has.

What is an interesting outcome of this sidequest for Bigfoot is him have to deal with being a mutated hybrid-divine-cleric that absorbs things when the hell breaks through.

Because, I know they been around for years but, Metal Codpiece and Pink Panties are not really interesting. Mostly they've been around to deliver exposition I think. While the world is literally falling apart. Why isnt Bigfoot making his way up to the dungeon now again?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Starling
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: 24 Sep 2018 - something's coming....

Post by Starling » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:20 am

The last panel reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvMMS4Y_ng

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:00 am

So Forgath is infected, one of Idle's spell sends him back through time, he becomes Kore, Minmax kills current day Kore, prophesy fulfilled. 5 years from now that is.

Gurkenglas
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gurkenglas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am

So if Klik survived the battle against Junior he would have become warped as well?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Gurkenglas wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am So if Klik survived the battle against Junior he would have become warped as well?
There's an unsettling thought for the fandom.

However, this page also gives us a bit of speculation. Klik was technically infected and then died and turned to ash. Ward is saying that Klik can/is/could be healed up good as new, possibly.

Also, this means that there is hope for Jr and Buzz.

Back to this comic though, I'm all for Operation Buzz Kill. I hate wasps. Like I go all Godfather on them. "I want them dead. I want their whole family dead. Burn their house to the ground!" and then I squeal all high pitched and back away slowly. :lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Generic wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm Alright, we knew last page that Buzz was coming. What is planted and what we don't know is whether Split has been scratched. So it probably has.

What is an interesting outcome of this sidequest for Bigfoot is him have to deal with being a mutated hybrid-divine-cleric that absorbs things when the hell breaks through.

Because, I know they been around for years but, Metal Codpiece and Pink Panties are not really interesting. Mostly they've been around to deliver exposition I think. While the world is literally falling apart. Why isnt Bigfoot making his way up to the dungeon now again?
I gotta ask. What's with the names you use?
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Well Bowst, or Bigfoot, or whatever you care to dis... I mean name him is tied to the (cursed) sword that Ward ate, and Ward doesn't want to leave the valley. Me? I'm enjoying this side story. I'm just worried about the events in the main story. The serpent has become the prey, as they try to hunt her down and rescue her, which means that love will fuel hate.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Hjerne wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:00 amSo Forgath is infected, one of Idle's spell sends him back through time, he becomes Kore, Minmax kills current day Kore, prophesy fulfilled. 5 years from now that is.
That's it! I warned you people years ago, and now I must re-enact the king of Laketown's dietary habits but without eating because ew.

Forgath and Kore have different-colored eyes, end of story. All that's needed for the prophesy now is that Forgath reunites with Kin in time to defend her from Kore. Minmax's love for both of them will fuel his hatred for Kore and probably lead to a costly victory.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Good interpretation, Builds.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 pm

I dunno. I do think Forgath might get hit here, and something change him into something that would make Mr. Fingers go "You have issues, dwarf."
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 am

crow76308 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:26 pm Well Bowst, or Bigfoot, or whatever you care to dis... I mean name him is tied to the (cursed) sword that Ward ate, and Ward doesn't want to leave the valley. Me? I'm enjoying this side story. I'm just worried about the events in the main story. The serpent has become the prey, as they try to hunt her down and rescue her, which means that love will fuel hate.
Bigfoot is the dwarf. Also known as half-beard or Patchy-the-Cleric.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 am

Shardstorm wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 pm
Generic wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm Alright, we knew last page that Buzz was coming. What is planted and what we don't know is whether Split has been scratched. So it probably has.

I gotta ask. What's with the names you use?
Well, Goblins has a long tradition of such names after all. And I like to draw the attention to the huuuuuuuge feet of some of the characters.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pm

The stuff in the warped-klik's mouth looks to me like a Lesser Finger Horror. I wonder if this is just an aspect of Tarol's art style, or if the parallel is intentional.

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Thunt answered if Salt was injured on Twitter.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm

redfeather wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pmThe stuff in the warped-klik's mouth looks to me like a Lesser Finger Horror. I wonder if this is just an aspect of Tarol's art style, or if the parallel is intentional.
LFH's character sheet describes a farmer so desperate to rid his son's mind of nightmares, he asked a demon to make it so. Demons be demons; it extracted Mr. Fingers from the boy's mind and let it loose on the hapless mortals. I presume the Well of Darkness was built specifically to contain both problems.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Shardstorm wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm
You know what? I rather would have kept the tension about not knowing.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:19 pm

redfeather wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pm The stuff in the warped-klik's mouth looks to me like a Lesser Finger Horror. I wonder if this is just an aspect of Tarol's art style, or if the parallel is intentional.
Let me think... What small sharp grabby fingery spindly things have we seen on monsters.
Fingers.
Fleademons
Took-two-when-she-should-have-taken-one
Switchbeast
Hand of thing that killed dies.
Buzz...

Nah. It's Thunt.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Generic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm
Shardstorm wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm
Hence he left the answer open. You were not required to follow the link.
But from the actual page I am pretty sure what the answer is.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:51 am

Krulle wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 pm
Generic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm
Hence he left the answer open. You were not required to follow the link.
But from the actual page I am pretty sure what the answer is.
Someone is getting scratched before this is through. Hiltface should not have dumped a Chekovs infection-chance otherwise.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:09 pm

What that coming over the hill?
Is it a monster?
Is it a monsterrrr?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:57 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:09 pm What that coming over the hill?
Is it a monster?
Is it a monsterrrr?
Is that a reference to something?

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:26 am

Generic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:19 pm Took-two-when-she-should-have-taken-one
What? punches self

(I actually didn't notice that happening in the background of panel 2 until today.)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:45 am

The lead demon who traded away a blue crap-ball for Dies' soul and got more than she bargained for.

Generic, here you go. Warning: this video features twerking Bigfoot.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:45 am The lead demon who traded away a blue crap-ball for Dies' soul and got more than she bargained for.

Generic, here you go. Warning: this video features twerking Bigfoot.
Obviously we swedes are not hardcore enough for twerking Forgath, as the video is not available. :( I am sad about this.

And yes, that is the one. She got two fingers for a face, or whatever those are.