September 18, 2018 - Now THAT is a Warped Klik

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: Septemper 18, 2018 - Now THAT is a Warped Klik

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Shardstorm wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pmI don't love the speech boxes being for character's out of scene. It makes it harder to work out who is speaking, and when you can I feel like they lose some character for not knowing posture, facial expression, gestures, that sort of thing.
The good news is we can infer from established personalities. Bowst is clearly being his usual anti-intellectual self.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm
Shardstorm wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pmI don't love the speech boxes being for character's out of scene. It makes it harder to work out who is speaking, and when you can I feel like they lose some character for not knowing posture, facial expression, gestures, that sort of thing.
The good news is we can infer from established personalities. Bowst is clearly being his usual anti-intellectual self.
Bowst doesn't seem to have spoken in this comic. I read the entire thing as a dialogue between Ward and Twogath.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Re: September 18, 2018 - Now THAT is a Warped Klik

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Going by panel 3, that does make a lot more sense.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:35 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm
By not speaking? I get Complainy Sword and Forgath interrupted by Idle.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Hence my post directly above yours, as I hadn't connected panel 3 to panel 1 until corrected. Bowst is at least trying to be friendly with Forgath sometimes; but this is way more aggressive than any of his idiot-moments and more in-line with Ward's compulsion for rudeness. I was focusing on the anti-intellectual tone and wrongfully attributed it to the dumbest person present, which I guess proves Shardstorm's point.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:50 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:58 pm Hence my post directly above yours, as I hadn't connected panel 3 to panel 1 until corrected. Bowst is at least trying to be friendly with Forgath sometimes; but this is way more aggressive than any of his idiot-moments and more in-line with Ward's compulsion for rudeness. I was focusing on the anti-intellectual tone and wrongfully attributed it to the dumbest person present, which I guess proves Shardstorm's point.
No. By the post above me you concur to the statement that the entire thing is between Bigfoot and Issues-With-Tone, and not Minmax with hair. I said my impression was that it was between Bigfoot and Issues-with-Tone, with an interruption from Barely-Clad-Rabbit.

I don't get what you mean by anti-intellectual tone. BIgfoot was rude to Issues-With-Tone, but never really anti-intellectual.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 am

"Trying to be the scholar", "you're not fooling anyone"? Ward is so dedicated to his insults, it seems, that even positive traits are cause for deriding. He's honestly lost his charm at this point.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 am "Trying to be the scholar", "you're not fooling anyone"? Ward is so dedicated to his insults, it seems, that even positive traits are cause for deriding. He's honestly lost his charm at this point.
Yeah. I have very little sympathy for Swordhiltface. I don't mind Cracked-Klick though, even though I can not really remember much about it.