30 Aug 2018 - Do It For Her

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: 30 Aug 2018 - Do It For Her

Post by Krulle » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:01 am

That was a bonus page for some fundraiser, if I remember correctly.
It was before my time anyway, before I folowed this comic.

Still, I like how marketable these guys are.
While I read "keyring" before, I do not remember having noticed the keys before today....
So, I'm still discovering new details on that page...

edit: I must've been following this comic already back then...
The transcriptions post shows its original publication during the Maze of Many, and I was "here" when that ran...
Also, the transcription post links to a blog post about the merchandisables (which does not load for me, anymore)....
(but the wayback machine has it in its Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20140903133 ... lins-page/
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 am

Small remark on the art: shouldn't Thaco and Complains be switched places in the last panel? Thaco has been on the right side (with Fumbles) all the time, Complains on the left (with Big Ears). In the last panel, they've inexplicably switched places.

edit: I made a mistake in left/right-ing everyone myself, but the point remains that between the first and the last panel, Complains and Thaco switch sides (foreshadowiiiiiing?)
Last edited by TheOneThatGotAway on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:15 am

Hell, I'm reading the text, and not paying attention to such details.
Well noted.
I asked in twitter if that's accidental or reasoned, if I get a reply, I'll post it here.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:33 am

Glemp wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 am
Krulle wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:18 am
RocketScientist wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm I think that last panel would make some nice wallpaper for people who are into that sort of thing.
That would indeed make a nice and likely quick Patreon bonus......

It's a very merchandisable pose.....
Was that a bonus page? I've never seen it before.
It was drawn for the webcomic anthology Japan Needs Heroes, a charity fundraiser to help with recovery from a devastating tsunami. The fundraiser was in 2011. The ebook was finally released in 2015 (although it's no longer available), and introduced me to a few new comics. There were problems getting it coordinated and some late submissions and the people behind Red Giant Comics, the little comics company that was doing this for charity, had some personal and financial problems come up. (Which ultimately put their fantastic webcomic, Wayward Sons, on indefinite hiatus.) The latest campaign update, from just a few weeks ago, says that promised shirts are almost ready to distribute. Unfortunately, the guy they contracted to print them turned out to be a scam artist. He subcontracted the printing, told the printer it was COD, took the money, and ran. So the shirts are sitting in a warehouse racking up fees, but they can't be released until the printer signs off on it, and that means a three party lawsuit across two continents. Seven years after the campaign funded, and we're close to having rewards shipped. Maybe. (At least, that's the latest story. They'd sent us pictures of the hardcover books back in 2015, but I can't remember if I ever got mine. If I did, it was likely donated to pediatric wing of the local hospital along with the rest of my comics collection a couple of years ago.)

Thunt understandably released his page, which is a one-off with no continuity, when it seemed the project had failed. (After a couple of years with no sign of publication and no word from the organizers.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:33 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:15 am Hell, I'm reading the text, and not paying attention to such details.
Well noted.
I asked in twitter if that's accidental or reasoned, if I get a reply, I'll post it here.
Ha, reading text, what are you, some kind of NERD?

I'm just here to look at the pretty pictures and colors!

Thank you for asking for confirmation!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:51 am

It's been an obvious difference between my siblings and me.
I read the text in comics, and thus knew the story, but I missed out a lot of fun hidden in the images, they did not read the texts (all having been diagnosed as being dyslexics), but knew stuff about the images I never noticed. They just made up a story around that.
I was always asking mself if we've really been reading the same comic book....

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 am

Krulle, you should start a whole thread dedicated to your siblings' interpretation of Goblins or all your favorite comics. The rest of us could pass around Mandella Effect stories or something, I don't know.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:50 am

They never starting reading Goblins.
English, and too much text....

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:21 pm

It's taken me too long to say this, but thanks Glemp for the Simpsons reference in the title.

Gurkenglas
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gurkenglas » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Where's she getting the ability to scry on him? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Famil ... n_Familiar has it be 13th-level, but then she wouldn't fight Kore with Lightning Bolt.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:04 am

Possibly Parchment is an origami dragon. It's not an official D&D creature, but Thunt does like his homebrew. This version can telepathically communicate with its master. Maybe we'll learn more in the coming pages.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:39 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:21 pm It's taken me too long to say this, but thanks Glemp for the Simpsons reference in the title.
I wondered when someone would catch that!

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

We're going to get a scene change next, or very soon at least. Thunt is drawing Klik's, pretty sure that's Salt.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote: I haven't drawn forests in so long. I miss it.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Shardstorm on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Arachnidek
Remains Silent

Post by Arachnidek » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Hmm. After the last few pages and this one i have to ask about Big Ears hand. The last time we saw it about a year or so ago it was seriously damaged (at least 2 fingers missing) and now it looks fine. Is that a mistake or did i miss something?

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/prophecies - last panel - heavily damaged hand after "Healasso" spell
https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2018 - panel 4 - not sure 100% but looks like 2 missing fingers
https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-18-2018 - panel 5 - hand fixed
https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-20-2018 - last panel - even though we don't see the last 2 fingers that grip looks like everything is fine with that hand.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 pm

I asked Thunt on Twitter.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Oh yeah. He's got 1 finger and 1 thumb on his left hand, but there's a page where I have to redo a mistake there. >.>

► Show Spoiler

Arachnidek
Remains Silent

Post by Arachnidek » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 am

Oh crap. Sorry Thunt.
Thank you for the info.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Thunt would sooner thank you than be mad; minor detail continuity is very important to him.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:17 am

Shardstorm wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm We're going to get a scene change next, or very soon at least. Thunt is drawing Klik's, pretty sure that's Salt.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote: I haven't drawn forests in so long. I miss it.
► Show Spoiler
[added spoiler tags to reduce post size, also because it IS a spoiler of an upcoming page]

Now even in colour:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:
► Show Spoiler