18 June 2018 - It's pooping paper!

Discuss the comic here!
Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Re: 18 June 2018 - It's pooping paper!

Post by Catmandont » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:03 am

Derkins wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 am The goblins seem very skeptical of Minimax's aggressive attitude toward the flying paper. I seriously doubt they would've helped to launch his heavy, armored butt up there -- especially quickly and efficiently without complaining or arguing. lol

And yeah - reading ability comes with race, and you can acquire extra languages depending on class. In the monster manual goblins are listed as having Gblin and Common as languages. If they could only speak and not read it, that would be indicated. I have a character that can speak Dwarven but can't read it. It's indicated on my character sheet.
I think at the beginning someone Fumbles was going to take a bunch of random and useless partial languages or something, due to all of his multi-classing. I don't remember clearly -- it's been a while since I read those pages.

The first time they read something it was Minimax's character sheet:
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/07032005
Great example. A few pages later Forgath makes another comment regarding reading ability, though I can't determine if 'everyone' includes non PC races.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/07102005
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...