New forum style!

Discuss the comic here!
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

New forum style!

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 am

Hello wonderful goblinites! Another announcement of yours truly, with some news I believe some of you might enjoy!

Given the switch to the new style, we've met with something that seems to fit the bill for most... Although some had issues with the darker layout, and yet others just silently longed for the sweet embrace of their old, familiar green layout. Well, you need not dream any longer!

Thanks to the work of Inspired, and his thread here, we've now got a more traditional "green" forum option back. He's still looking to make some more improvements to it, so if you've got feedback, you can leave it in that thread! For now, I'm gonna keep this announcement mostly as a public thank you, and to alert everyone to it. :)

So without further adue... :clap:

If you want to switch to the new style, or simply test it out, you can do that by going to your user control panel (click your name on the top right), board preferences, and then select "greengoblins" under "my board style".

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: New forum style!

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 am

Cool! I want to try it. But my loyalty to Spider-Man makes it difficult to put on a Green Goblin theme...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks, Mort and Inspired! I'm trying it out now. Looks good so far. The new shields are cute. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am

Cool, this is looking really nice and clean :) nice one!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Very little thanks is required for me, really! It's all Inspired, (or for those who have been around longer, LooksAndSmiles) and Duke as well. I'm just taking the role of messenger boy.

If you want to thank me for playing messenger boy, though, I'll accept that. :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 pm

You do it so well!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm

I like the format better. But the dark theme is much easier on my eyes than this pale green. Good to have options.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am

I agree with Wears. The layout is nicer but the bright color hurts my eyes. I'll stick with the dark option for now.

Great job all!
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Feel free to suggest color schemes! :)

Wolfie already did once with a cold green one (relevant post here), I could implement some of these, maybe we can vote about them? There has been talk of the possibility of multiple theme choices, and if you are satisfied with the simplicity of a classic recolor of the prosilver theme, it is also relatively easy to create other themes based on it...

Just don't expect me to come up with color/icon ideas all the time by myself, I'd rather work on things that I know at least someone likes so it's worth spending time on... :D
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Silfar
Remains Silent

Post by Silfar » Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 am

Oh look, it's the World of Warcraft theme