Take aim... 20/3/18

Discuss the comic here!
Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: Take aim... 20/3/18

Post by Glemp » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:10 am

speakslittle wrote:Duv...eh. I doubt it. One-winged Duv would have put up a fight. But I'm not sure she would even come close to the hurt the heroes have been able to put on him thus far. She's very candid about her evilness. So she'd say something about destroying the realm. He'd say something about how a feathered wing makes her a mockery of angels and then he'd smite her wing off.
Your evilness doesn't make a difference to Kore. He kills all monsters, and anyone else he thinks has been exposed to Evil.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:27 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:
Liquidmark wrote: Exactly how powerful is Kore? Thinking about it, Duv seemed to be a much larger threat and I think junior would murderize him with no problem considering that Forgath was able to topple and harm him and either of them would make short work of Forgath in a straight up fight.
Junior is vulnerable to magic, and once Kore worked that out it would be all over.
Oh, and re. this, Junior is vulnerable to magic from the Well of Darkness, like the key and the Orb of Bloodlight (link). We don't know that it's vulnerable to all magic.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 pm

If Junior's only kryptonite is in a pit of deadly traps, then he's even more terrifyingly over-powered and there will be no saving Thuntonia even if Big Ears defeats the Sacred. Everyone else needs a fighting chance, and that means arming anyone and everyone with magic items out the wazoo.

Actually, Junior has already been mistakenly claimed by a demon. What if Junior, brought down a peg with several other magical weapons and the Ax of Prissan still embedded in him, became desperate enough to barter with a demon? That might solve two problems at once! Apart of the reason it should work is that while Dies, the intended prize, was inflicted with transparency; Junior-arm remained completely solid/reflective green.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:36 am

Glemp wrote:
speakslittle wrote:Duv...eh. I doubt it. One-winged Duv would have put up a fight. But I'm not sure she would even come close to the hurt the heroes have been able to put on him thus far. She's very candid about her evilness. So she'd say something about destroying the realm. He'd say something about how a feathered wing makes her a mockery of angels and then he'd smite her wing off.
Your evilness doesn't make a difference to Kore. He kills all monsters, and anyone else he thinks has been exposed to Evil.
I still don't see how he keeps his Paladin-hood. Self delusion doesn't make you not evil, just deluded. Hitler, the face of evil for the 20th century genuinely thought he was doing good, but he was still evil, ditto Chairman Mao, ditto Stalin, ditto Nixon, etc., etc. Hell, Ozymandias and Rorschach from Watchmen both thought they were doing good, but one was a genocidal madman, and the other was a racist, sexually stunted, homophobic, torturer serial killer. In other words, evil.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:33 am

crow76308 wrote:
Glemp wrote:
I still don't see how he keeps his Paladin-hood. Self delusion doesn't make you not evil, just deluded. Hitler, the face of evil for the 20th century genuinely thought he was doing good, but he was still evil, ditto Chairman Mao, ditto Stalin, ditto Nixon, etc., etc. Hell, Ozymandias and Rorschach from Watchmen both thought they were doing good, but one was a genocidal madman, and the other was a racist, sexually stunted, homophobic, torturer serial killer. In other words, evil.
The idea is that Kore is not self deluded, he's just living in the Matrix. Although Descartes' Demon would be a much better fit here.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 am

Glemp wrote:
In The Conjuring 2, the demon is described as taking on the form of a nun to "insult my faith". It could have not done that, and they'd still need to banish it to Hell. Although he lacks the clarity to do much else, I'm sure Kore would feel similarly about a goblin with any number of angel wings.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Mindlink wrote:
AXIS wrote:Is Kore is doing his bullshit turtle flip thing from the Forgath fight in the top three panels?
To me it actually looks like he is using the spirit heads to pull him up by the chains, the "KKKKK" sound effect even sounds like the sound a chain makes while being pulled.
KKKKKK is the sound it makes when his flippy bits on the bottom of his shield stand him up *

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/01292014

(*although to be fair, most things in the comic seem to make a KKKKKK sound)

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm pretty sure that "KKKKKKKK" is the sound he now makes since he got a good bit of rope fused to his vocal chords (or folds, or what ever you want to call them).

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:04 am

Off-tangent thought:
Kore never used to have all the chains and silently screaming heads as his IME (?).
Did he go up level(s) since we first saw him?

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:18 am

Actually, he's had it since they first showed his IME. That's why Forgath told Kore that he couldn't have his soul.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 am

RidcullyJack wrote:Off-tangent thought:
Kore never used to have all the chains and silently screaming heads as his IME (?).
This is the first appearance of Kore's IME, I believe. It actually looks even more impressive there.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 am

Also, a refresher on why we hate Kore so much.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:35 am

crow76308 wrote:Also, a refresher on why we hate Kore so much.
A Goblins Reminder!
Kore has:

* Killed a dwarven child for the crime of being too close to the monsters that kidnapped him (note I mean close as in distance, not overly friendly);
* Killed a very old blind goblin (Taps) for basically no reason;
* Tortured Chief to death, relying on the other goblins coming back to save him (in other words relying on them being good people);
* Immediately attacked MM & Forgath for being in the way of the GAP even though they were attacking the GAP too, and actually delayed them from reaching the dungeon before Kore could catch up to them.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:21 am

Yeah, Kore is a special kind of sumbitch.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:34 am

Except, she no longer has her wing. Biscuit removed it here. She's now just like everyone else.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:27 am

That's why Speaks specifies one-winged, obviously. She's been de-powered for sure, and the glimpse we were mistakenly shown suggests she's also losing mental prowess as well.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 am

BuildsLegos wrote:That's why Speaks specifies one-winged, obviously. She's been de-powered for sure, and the glimpse we were mistakenly shown suggests she's also losing mental prowess as well.
Why was the wing supposed to affect her odds? Without its partner, it's useless - and Duv's clearly going off the deep end because she's lost any chance of flying again, not because her brain was in her wing or anything. Is this a DnD mechanic I'm unfamiliar with?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:41 am

Speaks specifically wrote:
I interpret the highlighted (which I did to highlight a passage) words to refer to that Duv now has no wing anymore.
Before she did indeed put up great fights. In her hope to get a second wing, she moved the world.

The rest of his post again seems to imply she still has her one wing left. Which is, as referenced above by Wolfie, not true anymore.

And as Glemp wrote, I also think that Duv has lost a bit of her drive.
But then, we haven't revisited her in-comic yet.

[edit]Found it:
► Show Spoiler
But as Glemp wrote, Thunt said the timing of the exact "meanwhile" is wrong, see Thunt's tweets: #1, #2, #3
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:02 am

We saw how "useless" the wing was as she tripped and dodged all those hobgoblins. I never said anything about wing-brains we don't know if the Orb of Bloodlight was one-use-only (Granted, that we never see it when Klik dies suggests as much). When Biscuit promised to be helping, he meant tearing away her ill-used ego along with the wing. While she still has potential to self-better in the way he anticipates, the bird-mutilating indicates it won't be a smooth ascension -which is par the course for the trauma of limb-loss.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:08 am

Glemp wrote:
RidcullyJack wrote:Off-tangent thought:
This is the first appearance of Kore's IME, I believe. It actually looks even more impressive there.
But this was in-game like a day ago. Had he cast any spells before the climatic battle on the bridge? I'm a bit rusty in my Kore-lore. (It seems that his first 'magic' was the homebrew reanimation of Y&B, and not a 'real' spell?)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 am

Lay on Hands (just before the bridge) for himself, and
Lay on Hands for Chief, before he healed himself.

On the bridge, I think he did not cast magic.

Also can't remember an instance of casting magic by Kore otherwise.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:49 am

Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:50 am

That was fast.
I stand corrected.
Kore did cast magic on the bridge.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 am

Krulle wrote:Lay on Hands (just before the bridge) for himself, and
Lay on Hands for Chief, before he healed himself.

On the bridge, I think he did not cast magic.

Also can't remember an instance of casting magic by Kore otherwise.
I'm fairly sure he did cast magic on the bridge, it was the shot that had Chief and a baby in it.

*spends a few minutes searching*

Right here: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/02042014

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 am

I've already been corrected by Gathers.
Thank you....
:p

(see two posts up, either from yours, or from this one)