May 16th, 2017 - I gotcha.

Discuss the comic here!
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: May 16th, 2017 - I gotcha.

Post by Wolfie » Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 pm

thinkslogically wrote:It's interesting that the flame colours are different between the comic and the card. I wonder if this is our first glimpse of fumbles' IME
Fumbles' IME is white. It's been shown a couple times. Once when he held Complains' sword the fire turned white and then purple when Complains' took it back. The other time was when he yelled Senor Vorpal Kick'Asso when jumping off the bridge to attack Kore.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Aaaah yeah. Never mind then! I wonder what's making the difference then...

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Not to mention every time he makes a sound.

Everyone's sounds the kachhings. Clunks etc are colour coded to their IME colour too.

Whole bunch of examples in the page we are discussing now. The WHOooo and. Scatter etc

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 pm

The flames look fairly white to me.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 am

Different artists shading the card/page...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu May 25, 2017 5:07 am

Flames look white to me too, almost certainly going to be coloured to everyone's IME who wears it I assume

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Krulle wrote:But this is not the pain cloak, as a reminder....
► Show Spoiler

new permalink: http://www.goblinscomic.org/05172017-2/
Ahh, OK... the narrative might have gotten away from me. Once-weekly updates at best can make it hard to focus in the long term... may be time for a re-read.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:49 am

The shadowflame cloak has not been named as such in the comic yet.
It's just being used for the first time, and before has never been identified before, just shown once, across the left shoulder of Minmax, but without use or identification (first panel here).
(the info is from the tweet you can access by clicking the image in the spoilered part of the quote in your own post - or by clicking this link)

Thus, easy to miss for those not following forum and/or twitter.

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Krulle wrote:The shadowflame cloak has not been named as such in the comic yet.
It's just being used for the first time, and before has never been identified before, just shown once, across the left shoulder of Minmax, but without use or identification (first panel here).
(the info is from the tweet you can access by clicking the image in the spoilered part of the quote in your own post - or by clicking this link)

Thus, easy to miss for those not following forum and/or twitter.
makes sense. I tried twitter more than once but i never liked it so yeah. at least when it matters people here can point out what i missed.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:09 pm

We do.
In this thread, Shardstorm already did as thirrd post... But it's hard to miss, as there are many details in he thread, and sometimes you're looking for the wrong catchwords to find info. ..

Anyway, have a fine weekend!

Rex
Remains Silent

Post by Rex » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi all, long time reader , first time forumer. Quick question: don't know if THunt has addressed this , as I don't get on Twitter, but why is the demon in the latest full page update attacking Thaco and not Ears? Paladin souls are supposed to irristable to demons IIRC. Looking forward to the next update!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Nope, he has not.
Possibly it's the distance, that Thaco is simply closer to the point of emergence....

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am

Rex wrote:Hi all, long time reader , first time forumer. Quick question: don't know if THunt has addressed this , as I don't get on Twitter, but why is the demon in the latest full page update attacking Thaco and not Ears? Paladin souls are supposed to irristable to demons IIRC. Looking forward to the next update!
to be fair there is more than one of those demon flea things and complains or minmax could be fighting off one thats going after big ears.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 pm

miados wrote:
Rex wrote:Hi all, long time reader , first time forumer. Quick question: don't know if THunt has addressed this , as I don't get on Twitter, but why is the demon in the latest full page update attacking Thaco and not Ears? Paladin souls are supposed to irristable to demons IIRC. Looking forward to the next update!
to be fair there is more than one of those demon flea things and complains or minmax could be fighting off one thats going after big ears.
That's more of a reason to go for Big Ears first, honestly. One of the other demons might snatch that juicy paladin soul right from under its nose, after all, so it should go for it right now before one of them does.

kesgarion
Remains Silent

Post by kesgarion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I don't know where the search function is here, sorry.

What's the deal behind the black eyes everybody gets during a fight? It's not their IME, so I've been wondering about that for a long time.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 pm

It's nicknamed willowing, after the character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer when she's hopped up on magic. In the Thuntverse, Goblins do it as a natural defence mechanism that protects their eyes against damage - not much, but the eye is vulnerable enough to warrant it. It happens in battle or in other times of emotional distress.

EDIT: Specifically, it's a thin film that covers the eye, like an eyelid but transparent like a one-way mirror.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 am

kesgarion wrote:Not sure if this has been asked before, but I don't know where the search function is here, sorry.

What's the deal behind the black eyes everybody gets during a fight? It's not their IME, so I've been wondering about that for a long time.
There is a search bar at the top of the page, on the right. It uses key words. You can also use Google and put "site:goblinsforum.com" at the beginning of your search. It'll perform the same function.

Happy searching!
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:52 pm

It's also mentioned in the FAQ, which will be worth a peruse for you.

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180