May 1st, 2017 - I scream, You scream, We all scream...

Discuss the comic here!
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: May 1st, 2017 - I scream, You scream, We all scream...

Post by WearsHats » Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 pm

I believe they're forming a doorway. Herbert is Forgath's god. This ritual involves the "Goblin god" (name removed due to possible copyright concerns). I think that's the portal through which the imprints will flow. Complains is supposed to close the door at the right time so that Fumbles doesn't get overwhelmed.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Someguy
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Someguy » Wed May 03, 2017 3:58 am

So to save the "Imprints" Fumbles is somehow going to absorb ALL of them while Complains & Minmax have to fight back to back in Horde Mode to protect Big Ears & Thac0 while preventing demonic "interrupts"...This is going to be the longest fight of their lives.

RUMBLETiGER
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RUMBLETiGER » Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 am

Interesting that Minmax is able to lean on a wall they previously passed their arms through. I have wondered why the wall didn't end up explaining what his armor did, or perhaps it was mentioned in the overwhelming text that happened when they first pushed all the items through.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 am

Never Finishes Anyth wrote:Am I seeing too much into the artwork, or are the soul manifestations in panel 7 forming up into a letter H? For Herbert?
It's the clan symbol. See Chief's eyepatch.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 03, 2017 11:40 pm

@kekskerli wrote:@Thunt_Goblins sorry if it has already been asked but why doesn't minmax fall in the identify wall thing/ why isnt the armor identified?
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:A lot of people are asking about this. It's a detail about the wall that I honestly should have clarified in the story before that page...
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:... In order for the wall to identify/absorb a thing, it has to be held and pushed into the wall with your hand.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu May 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Been wondering this for a while now, but I don't remember if I've asked for thoughts on it already. Why are they so worried about Fumbles going into this ceremony? Ears is all "only try for one or two imprints," but Fumbles is probably the single most badass goblin who's ever attempted the ritual. If any other potential teller brought something better to the table than "has adventuring levels," then I'd like to know what that was.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Fri May 05, 2017 3:45 am

RocketScientist wrote:Been wondering this for a while now, but I don't remember if I've asked for thoughts on it already. Why are they so worried about Fumbles going into this ceremony? Ears is all "only try for one or two imprints," but Fumbles is probably the single most badass goblin who's ever attempted the ritual. If any other potential teller brought something better to the table than "has adventuring levels," then I'd like to know what that was.
Well, they're worried about him for good reason. They have known him all his life as Fumbles, the goblin for whom Murphy's Law is a drastic understatement.

But yeah, he's also the goblin most likely to do the utterly unexpected. Me, I'm wondering if the fact that he's every adventuring class is going to come into play here.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri May 05, 2017 5:55 am

It's kind of playing Russian Roulette. Pull the trigger one too many times, and you're dead. And you can't be sure how many times you can do so. It's entirely reasonable, especially under these circumstances, to say "get what you need and be done with it." What they need is a teller to save the rest of the GAP from dying, and Fumbles is their only chance. It's all their lives at stake, and on top of that, the fate of their entire reality rests on them. Besides that, they're used to thinking of him as the lovable goof who is literally named for his tendency to wildly fail even simple rolls. I can't blame them for wanting to keep risk to a minimum.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Segev
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Segev » Fri May 05, 2017 6:40 am

Sessine wrote: Me, I'm wondering if the fact that he's every adventuring class is going to come into play here.
If survival is saving-throw based, it will. The first level of every class has a +2 kicker to its "good" saving throws. So if he's taken several with whatever save (Fort or Will, most likely) is used as a "good" one, he's got up to more than twice his level in base save bonus. Not including any bonuses from stat or feat, or special bonuses surviving torture might have given him.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri May 05, 2017 8:02 am

WearsHats wrote:It's kind of playing Russian Roulette. Pull the trigger one too many times, and you're dead. And you can't be sure how many times you can do so. It's entirely reasonable, especially under these circumstances, to say "get what you need and be done with it." What they need is a teller to save the rest of the GAP from dying, and Fumbles is their only chance. It's all their lives at stake, and on top of that, the fate of their entire reality rests on them. Besides that, they're used to thinking of him as the lovable goof who is literally named for his tendency to wildly fail even simple rolls. I can't blame them for wanting to keep risk to a minimum.
They're like the over-protective parent who doesn't want their clumsy child to get hurt when they're trying something they think is beyond the kid's ability. I have a feeling we're going to watch the awestruck faces in a few panels as Vorpal does so much better than their wildest dreams. However, knowing this is Fumbles, he could fail spectacularly as well.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri May 05, 2017 8:14 pm

It just seems to me that if some random goblins can do two, and one even did six, then Guy with Adventuring Classes ought to be able to do at least as well as anybody else. Does it not get harder progressively, or do we not know that yet? I was thinking quit when it starts getting hard. Anyway, I think he's going to kick ass, since that's his name now. lol.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sat May 06, 2017 5:15 am

RocketScientist wrote:It just seems to me that if some random goblins can do two, and one even did six, then Guy with Adventuring Classes ought to be able to do at least as well as anybody else. Does it not get harder progressively, or do we not know that yet? I was thinking quit when it starts getting hard. Anyway, I think he's going to kick ass, since that's his name now. lol.
Wait........ His name is now Senor Vorpal Kickasso. Since he is about to be a teller, his naming of things would likely be similar to the other teller's, in that there are premonitions based on the name. The vorpal blade was used to kill the jabberwocky, which just so happens to look slightly like Junior. So maybe his naming of himself was actually his first telling?

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

How does Junior look like the Jabberwocky?
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sat May 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Guus wrote:How does Junior look like the Jabberwocky?
http://www.goblinscomic.org/12142012/

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun May 07, 2017 1:08 am

Ah. I understand what you mean, but I feel it's quite farfetched.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Dadraik
Remains Silent

Post by Dadraik » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:35 am

So... is Kore a flesh Klik???