Discuss the comic here!
ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Sweet Beetles for Peace 17 April 2017

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.org/04172017/

Somebody is getting wiser by the week.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Re: Sweet Beetles for Peace 17 April 2017

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Loving the background in panel 6.

The light beams are visible in many panels but THunt uses them best here.

Rezby
Remains Silent

Post by Rezby » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Is this the first time we've actually seen fumbles be serious? If I recall correctly, he's hinted at being smart before, way back when they were first starting out and a couple times during the brassmoon arcs, but we've never seen him get quite this serious.

mctrump
Remains Silent

Post by mctrump » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Rezby wrote:Is this the first time we've actually seen fumbles be serious? If I recall correctly, he's hinted at being smart before, way back when they were first starting out and a couple times during the brassmoon arcs, but we've never seen him get quite this serious.
I'm pretty sure his first "serious" moment was when he decided to take the doll back to the elf girl. But besides that, this is probably the first time Fumbles ever focused both of his eyes on the same thing. I'm actually surprised how different he looks.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 am

He's not even teller yet, but he already starts to "tell" people stuff (and telling them off). I like it! :lol: :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 am

Fumbles the Teller everyone. He's going to be the most awesome teller with kids aswell, now lets just hope he doesn't fumble the rolls required for the imprints. It seems like a Thunt thing to do, make us like a character even more than we do and having them die a horrible death. I wonder, would he explode when he absorbs to much imprint power?
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 am

I have no idea why, I actually don't laugh much with this webcomic, but I lost my shit with Sweet Beetles.
► Show Spoiler

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 am

Orzahn wrote:Fumbles the Teller everyone. He's going to be the most awesome teller with kids aswell, now lets just hope he doesn't fumble the rolls required for the imprints. It seems like a Thunt thing to do, make us like a character even more than we do and having them die a horrible death. I wonder, would he explode when he absorbs to much imprint power?
A few people are predicting that he'll use the pain cloak of invincibility to absorb as many essences as possible.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:29 am

GathersIngredients wrote:He's not even teller yet, but he already starts to "tell" people stuff (and telling them off). I like it! :lol: :thumbsup:
I cheered for the last three panels. It seems like those two have managed to get on Fumbles' last nerve and he's letting them know. :lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 am

Let's pick the loud, obnoxious, can't-control-his-temper guy for the new chief. Yep. That works out well every time.

I am seriously loving Cheyenne's coloring, btw. Damn.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

RocketScientist wrote:Let's pick the loud, obnoxious, can't-control-his-temper guy for the new chief. Yep. That works out well every time.

I am seriously loving Cheyenne's coloring, btw. Damn.
Well, if Fumbles will be there keeping him in check, then it could be a good thing.

I agree with you on the coloring. It's gorgeous and I reread the comic just to see it.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I am super relieved that Fumbles heard the conversation beforehand and didn't instinctively take Complains's side, I was a little worried he would.

RocketScientist wrote:Let's pick the loud, obnoxious, can't-control-his-temper guy for the new chief. Yep. That works out well every time.
I know right? He's the single worst choice out of all of them. Hell, they'd be better off with Minmax.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Not sure how that works when he fully progresses to his final form...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm

SUGauthor wrote:I am super relieved that Fumbles heard the conversation beforehand and didn't instinctively take Complains's side, I was a little worried he would.

I know right? He's the single worst choice out of all of them. Hell, they'd be better off with Minmax.
and thus minmax goes from someone whose biggest hero is named goblin slayer to the leader of the goblins. of course he went from full devotion and adoration to killing goblin slayer and he seems to be going from slaughtering goblins to befriending them so um...... i dont know where i am going with this.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:32 am

You're running circles?
But please, continue recapping the story line so far. :)

Regarding panel 7 of this page:
Why is the blue-white sword pointing towards Complains of Names?
Inconsistency, or did Minmax somehow grab CoN's sword and pointed it against CoN?
The angle seems weird to me, which makes it look to me like it's not Fumbles who is pointing it towards CoN.
If someone would lift a sword I am holding, I would stop keeping my arm extended, but this image only makes sense if CoN still has a fully extended arm, and the sword in his hand is lifted upwards and even pointed backwards...
Which would be an extremely awkward position to hold your arm and sword, except if you're intending to hold the traditional (Samurai) ceremony of Seppuku/harakiri.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 am

Krulle wrote:Regarding panel 7 of this page:
Why is the blue-white sword pointing towards Complains of Names?
It's not pointed at him. Fumbles pushed it away a bit with his finger/hand (CoN unresisting, because Fumbles is his ally). It's still pointed away from CoN, but it's closer to him now.
That's what I make of that panel, at least. :shrug:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 am

Confusing point of view then.
It doesn't matter much, it is either way obvious Fumbles is stepping in to conciliate the tension between MM and CoN.

He'll be a good teller, and likely would be a good Chief too.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ReplicatesOblivion
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by ReplicatesOblivion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 am

SUGauthor wrote:
Don't forget, Duv's teller made Dies Horribly chief of the Cryptic Fall already, so Complains can't be made chief until Dies Horribly well... dies horribly.

Ledeas
Remains Silent

Post by Ledeas » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am

F-it!
Fumbles is my teller.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 am

ReplicatesOblivion wrote:
SUGauthor wrote:
Don't forget, Duv's teller made Dies Horribly chief of the Cryptic Fall already, so Complains can't be made chief until Dies Horribly well... dies horribly.
Dies never went through the ceremony. He refused and Duv ordered his execution for being a traitor.

ReplicatesOblivion
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by ReplicatesOblivion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 am

Wolfie wrote:Dies never went through the ceremony. He refused and Duv ordered his execution for being a traitor.
Huh, you're right. Been a while since that one went up. Somehow I mistook the successful marking as the full ceremony.

Too bad though. It would have made an interesting twist when the chiefing ceremony failed for Names and the GAP speculates wildly on why.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm

For a minute there I thought Fumbles said he was going to be chief, not teller... and I went "wait what, Complains? What about last page when he was so excited about essences?"

This is going to be interesting...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

There's some debate about how to interpret Duv's chief loophole. It may be that Dies is in fact now chief and that her intent was to kill him and make a more pliable Cryptic Falls goblin chief instead.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:45 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:There's some debate about how to interpret Duv's chief loophole. It may be that Dies is in fact now chief and that her intent was to kill him and make a more pliable Cryptic Falls goblin chief instead.

They didn't even start a ritual to make him chief. Besides, the notion that a third party can coronate a chief of a separate sovereign clan is preposterous. They might have been chief in name only

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:54 am

ReplicatesOblivion wrote:
SUGauthor wrote:
I wish that was true, Dies would be the single best choice for chief, I'm honestly kind of bummed he's not there with them to be a candidate.