What if goblinslayer didn't confess ?

Discuss the comic here!
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

What if goblinslayer didn't confess ?

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Rereading the comic, I'm at the part where minmax and forgath are fighting Dellyn, ending in his death.

I was wondering, what if Dellyn didnt tell minmax what he did to kin, minmax simple never found out, they group up and go after the gap, what would have happend ?
How would the story have changed if they worked together and left kin in brassmoon, would they have taken out the gap before kore got them ? Would duv have kicked there ass ? Or would they just keep drinking and partying in brassmoon.

(I do not condone, the things dellyn did, in anyway, this is a scenario where he didnt tell minmax ir forgath what he did and they didnt have a reason to kill him)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: What if goblinslayer didn't confess ?

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:37 pm

They might have taken out the GAP and gotten the axe back to Saral Caine. Then either he would use it for enough evil to unleash the demon(s) or Kore would catch up, kill them all, and recommence killing everyone he meets. Then he would unleash the demon(s). Either way, demon(s). But we're getting demons anyway, so...

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:10 am

I think the same thing would've happened, only a little later on. Dellyn didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing, and he didn't expect Minmax and Forgath to disagree... he took Kin everywhere else with him, so why wouldn't he drag her along when they left to go adventuring? The truth of why he kept Kin around would become evident quite quickly, they'd just end up fighting on the way to the GAP rather than in the town.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 am

Nope, Dellyn would never take her on a quest: http://www.goblinscomic.org/03022010/ (panel 5).
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 pm

RocketScientist wrote:They might have taken out the GAP and gotten the axe back to Saral Caine. .
He might have had a bit of trouble using it...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Oh yeah. They never put Humpty back together again, did they? Good point.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:30 pm

That we know of anyway... :paranoia:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:50 pm

If Kin had escaped in the wagon, Minmax wouldn't have started the conversation that led to the confession until after they had caught up to the goblins.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:43 pm

RocketScientist wrote:They might have taken out the GAP and gotten the axe back to Saral Caine. Then either he would use it for enough evil to unleash the demon(s) or Kore would catch up, kill them all, and recommence killing everyone he meets. Then he would unleash the demon(s). Either way, demon(s). But we're getting demons anyway, so...
Saral Caine Died before goblinslayer met minmax and forgath.