random thought on oblivious

Discuss the comic here!
miados
Of Few Words

random thought on oblivious

Post by miados » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:46 am

Alright so we all know that when minmax lets go of his sword it is grabbed by the future him. Well i just thought of something. What will happen when one day he lets go of the sword but there is no time in the future he picks it back up. I mean he is bound to die at some point, unless the game ends before then since you know this is all d and d, so what happens when that eventuality occurs?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: random thought on oblivious

Post by Glemp » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:41 am

miados wrote:Alright so we all know that when minmax lets go of his sword it is grabbed by the future him. Well i just thought of something. What will happen when one day he lets go of the sword but there is no time in the future he picks it back up. I mean he is bound to die at some point, unless the game ends before then since you know this is all d and d, so what happens when that eventuality occurs?
That's been brought up. Presumably Thunt's saving it for near the end of the comic, so we the readers will know Shit be Getting Real. I'm guessing the Sword, no longer having an owner to pull it to their hand, will simply vanish never to be seen again.

SirButcher
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by SirButcher » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:23 am

Well, KIn said it only can be affected by Minmax, its creator, even time itself can't affect it - so this means when Minmax dies, there is two possible way: if there is afterlife in Thuntverse, then he will access his sword from there. If not, then the sword immediately vanish, standing still in time, as nobody will be able to touch out - maybe not even the Gods itself, as this sword not exists at all.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:54 pm

If Oblivious vanishes into thin air without a future-MM hand grabbing it, it only means he'll never have a reason to draw his sword again.

Ok, sure, he's going to die sometime, but that could be a long lifetime away. "And he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days."
► Show Spoiler

Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Post by Gift Fastidious » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Since it's powered by the ignorance of its weilder, maybe he'll somehow become learned enough to actually destroy it. Or just find something with a slightly better chance-to-hit and never look back.