Demon

Discuss the comic here!
SirButcher
Mumbles Incoherently

Demon

Post by SirButcher » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:16 pm

Uh, guys, something just hit me:

Complains looks like becoming a demon. And MinMax someone who KNOWS the best weapon against the demons: his name. Most likely nobody else knows about this thing (assuming Kin is very clever/intelligent, and she didn't knew about this). So most likely Minmax (and Forgath) is the only one around who knows you can control a demon using his name. (And, we just got this info about a decade ago from Not-Walter, in 2006)

So here we are, with a guy who knows how to control a demon, and a soon-to-be demon, whose name is clearly know.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Demon

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:21 pm

You're not the first to suggest that.
Also, the current comic ( http://www.goblinscomic.org/07282016-2/ , panel 4) reminds us readers that knowing the name is control...

Link will work until fully shaded page is up...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:18 am

Other people have suggested that the party could use his name to control him, but I think this is the first time I've seen someone propose that MM will be the first/only one to catch onto that fact and use it, which could be really interesting.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Would Complains be un-banishable with his name if he's within the Hell-corrupted area the Axe-demon's making, since it's his place of origin?

BiscuitCookie
Remains Silent

Post by BiscuitCookie » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:22 am

I would say slaying a demon is a pretty good action. That would help with stabilizing the prison.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 am

The thing is, that Complains' actions have so far NOT been evil....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 pm

OH SHIT! Its about to GET REAL! Kore Created the Axe of Prissian!?!? Can't say this enough~ WTF!!!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein