06 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Discuss the comic here!
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: 06 March 2016: He's talking to himself.

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Talos wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ears is going to die, that is why he is not wearing any armour.
Is there any other evidence for this theory?
They are in a dungeon which just had an encounter, know kore is coming, and ears is behaving uncharacteristically since they got free from the ropes, and thunt removed all other healers one way or another.

Baphomet
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Baphomet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Krulle wrote:Kore might be too heavy for the ropes to lift him up.
I guess that's a possibility, but it seems like kind of a janky solution to the puzzle. Do we have any clear consensus on what the deal is with those ropes, yet? Thaco beat them with an escape artist check, Big Ears presumably did the same (with a circumstance bonus from his armor shenanigans). Big Ears cut several of them with his axe once, but then it wouldn't work again. Vorpal cut them by touching them with the staff, even though he said there's nothing sharp on it. Maybe they are destroyed by magic, but only once per type of magic? Escape artist has an armor check penalty, and I imagine the ACP for wearing a tank is pretty high, so Kore might have some issues there.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 am

Baphomet wrote:
Krulle wrote:Kore might be too heavy for the ropes to lift him up.
I guess that's a possibility, but it seems like kind of a janky solution to the puzzle. Do we have any clear consensus on what the deal is with those ropes, yet? Thaco beat them with an escape artist check, Big Ears presumably did the same (with a circumstance bonus from his armor shenanigans). Big Ears cut several of them with his axe once, but then it wouldn't work again. Vorpal cut them by touching them with the staff, even though he said there's nothing sharp on it. Maybe they are destroyed by magic, but only once per type of magic? Escape artist has an armor check penalty, and I imagine the ACP for wearing a tank is pretty high, so Kore might have some issues there.
He could be sooo magic - just by being himself - that the ropes sizzle and fall off him.

Kidding. (Mostly.)

Or, it could be that the ropes need to be touched to swing into action, and, unlike Fumbles, who blew it twice!... he makes his save to avoid touching them.
► Show Spoiler