Help Will Save World for Gold pull off an Upset! (ComicMix)

Discuss the comic here!
SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Help Will Save World for Gold pull off an Upset! (ComicMix)

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 pm

So there's already a thread about the contest in general, but I want to see what we can do to help out LSN. I don't have a lot of cash to throw around... but I was thinking that if a few of us who are also fans of LFG pitched in a few bucks we could bump him up significantly. I get the feeling that fewer people than expected will be voting now that facebook verification is required. So... is anyone interested in helping try to get LSN past the first round? I don't think if it's even possible, and I don't think anyone should bust the bank on it, but if it's feasible it could really help him out.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

TinSoldier
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TinSoldier6

Re: Help Will Save World for Gold pull off an Upset! (ComicM

Post by TinSoldier » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Umm, can you explain in more detail?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:59 pm

The comic WSWFG is up against got about 4600 votes in the seeding round, but that was with the older voting method that was very easily abused (to the point that it crashed their entire site). However, they are allowing donations to count towards votes, 10 cents per vote. Given that there are only 116 votes so far for Ava's Demon after several hours of voting, I think that it is possible that the number of votes cast will be dramatically lower in the first round of actual voting (here). This means that the weight of donations counting towards votes will be higher, and I don't think many people are going to waste money donating to a comic that seems likely to crush the other in the votes. So I think that a relatively modest donation could be enough to bump WSWFG on to the second round of the tournament... and THAT could be great for LSN. Knocking off the 1 seed in the very first round of the tournament could draw a LOT of attention to his comic. I don't think he has a shot in hell of actually winning the contest (sorry LSN)... but getting him to round 2 should help him a lot.

I donated $5 for 50 votes for WSWFG in the seeding round to help get it into the contest, I don't have much money, but I would be willing to pitch in another $5 if other people are willing to help too. We've gotta look after our own, right? :D (I also really didn't like Ava's Demon when I read through it, the art is very good, but there is no substance behind the story 350+ panels in)
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

LoneStarNorth
Former Mod
UStream Username: LoneStarNorth

Post by LoneStarNorth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Also I'll ban anyone who doesn't vote for me.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 pm

If you are confused by the acronymes then LSN is our own forumite LoneStarNorth. WSWFG is his webcomic Will Save World For Gold. Thunt has requested that Goblins be taken out, so we are trying to help LSN. I would vote, but for some reason the website isn't working, and I don't have a facebook anyway. Will somebody who has one vote for me?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if their server crashed again. Anyways, let me know if anyone is interested in pitching in and I'll pitch in my $5 if there are 3+ others to give LSN a chance

TinSoldier
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TinSoldier6

Post by TinSoldier » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 pm

SamWiser wrote:If you are confused by the acronymes then LSN is our own forumite LoneStarNorth. WSWFG is his webcomic Will Save World For Gold. Thunt has requested that Goblins be taken out, so we are trying to help LSN. I would vote, but for some reason the website isn't working, and I don't have a facebook anyway. Will somebody who has one vote for me?
I know who LSN is. I didn't realize he had his own comic or that he was in the running for this "March Madness" thing.