November 6, 2015: You'd Be Cursing Too

Discuss the comic here!
SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Re: November 6, 2015: You'd Be Cursing Too

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:46 am

Actually, you know what? Not only patrons know whether or not the next page will reveal this.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:52 am

► Show Spoiler
Also, what is Bowst's daily curse (pretty sure the "what" is a different curse)? Provoking an excuse from someone else? Why else would he snuggle up to her to have her ears in his face? Oops, did I out myself as virgin?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 am

Zathyr wrote:I don't have any personal experience in the matter, but I've heard that if an artery is cut cleanly and perpendicular to its length, it closes up on its own almost immediately as the muscles contract and don't relax at the end. Please correct me if I've heard wrong there.

The beheading seems like a good a way to die as any. Better than most. Quick, efficient, get it done and over with.

In the real world, only arteries with a muscle layer (tunica media) in the walls contract to try to limit bleeding when cut. If cut cleanly and at a 90 degree angle, they can close better. Adrenaline helps them close tighter and stay closed longer. Larger arteries have trouble contracting completely and staying closed; higher blood pressure makes closure more difficult. Capillaries have no muscle layer and will not retract or contract. One can surmise this contraction when cut ability is an evolutionary advantage to survive an injury by limiting hemorrhage. It is shared by most species using circulatory systems for oxygen / nutrition. Those species without this ability are long gone. :stab:
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

BlueAmaranth
Of Few Words

Post by BlueAmaranth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:06 pm

From the fact that the comic made a point of saying they both had daily curses, but conspicuously didn't explain what Bowst's is, I'm guessing it's going to end up being plot-relevant. I doubt it's something we could sleuth out from what we already know--I think it's going to be revealed when it comes into play. But I could be wrong.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:12 pm

BlueAmaranth wrote:From the fact that the comic made a point of saying they both had daily curses, but conspicuously didn't explain what Bowst's is, I'm guessing it's going to end up being plot-relevant. I doubt it's something we could sleuth out from what we already know--I think it's going to be revealed when it comes into play. But I could be wrong.
I don't think it will help Bowst though. I really doubt he's going to live through this much longer.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Ooo! Get ye to the Prediction Thread with that one, write it down so if he bites the dust you can say you called it!

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 pm

nikohl wrote:Ooo! Get ye to the Prediction Thread with that one, write it down so if he bites the dust you can say you called it!
LOL Alright, though I'm unsure if I can explain why I feel that way.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Krulle wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Also, what is Bowst's daily curse (pretty sure the "what" is a different curse)? Provoking an excuse from someone else? Why else would he snuggle up to her to have her ears in his face? Oops, did I out myself as virgin?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler