Prediction Thread

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Prediction Thread

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:13 pm

No, but it may be too optimistic. :lol: (I know you said "at least." I just couldn't help myself.)

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 am

Kore (the Dwarf paladin) is actually an undead zombie that looks alive, but isn't. Why? Because magic, and reasons.
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Maybe they'll finally reach their village. After another several years IRL.

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Talos wrote:Maybe they'll finally reach their village. After another several years IRL.
What village? Oh! After the first comic episodes, that side village place got destroyed. So the Goblin was like, let's go to the main village. and they had to pass thru this dungeon they're currently in cause it's a shortcut. The whole reason of going there, to the main village, was to warn them.
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:12 am

Big ears is going to die soon, with the next encounter with kore

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:49 am

I think the event that changes everything forever in a few strips is Fumbles's death. In contrast to the way other characters have died in this comic it will be very fast and unexpected, so that by the time the reader has realized what's happening it's already over. It won't be against Kore, it'll be against the monsters they're fighting right now. His death will be senseless, an explicit mockery of how hard they worked to save him and how much was lost in that battle.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:55 am

The scene is about to switch to another set of adventurers... we will have to wait to see what happens in the Minmax Goblins verse evil creatures fight for a bit.

It just seems like something Thunt would do... :) {Love Ya Thunt!}
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Woot! I'm wrong! Awesome... !!!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 am

Pencils of the next page are now available for all Patreon patrons. I wasn't making predictions, but that wasn't what I was expecting. It definitely changes things. Thunt is pushing himself to finish the page as quickly as he can. But he goes on vacation in less than 10 days, so I'm guessing this next page is the last one we'll see this month.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

HappyCatDragon
Mutters to Themself

Post by HappyCatDragon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:26 am

So, as the new page, the one that will change everything is out, i really start wondering to the what now.

I mean, i have a million questions as to the why but this thread isn't for that, so what i'll do is predict something.

If the axe breaking means the demons release, the deman and kore will fight to the death and one of the goblins will be what turns the tides in that fight.

The thing is just that that demon is on a power-level that surpasses all of the goblins combined, and probably even kore, so having that op creature around seems like a bad idea. Now there might be a way to do it and not have everything be awefull but i can't see it.

So if the demon gets released, it has to be re-sealed or defeated. As the highest lvl character that we have seen i think kore is probably the only contender but i guess that if the goblins team up with kore they might stand a chance against that demon, even just to stall it in order for more powerfull characters to come into play or something that doesn't result in the goblins world ending.

In the end, i really don't know what will happen from now on, but man is this exciting in a terrifying way.

Like-A-Horse
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Like-A-Horse » Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 am

I came in here to make a similar assumption, Happy ;]

Way I see it, the very reason Kore is an unrelenting mass murderer is the fact he is the sole survivor from the previous binding of the axe demon. Being the after effect of hideous demons' magic, plus possibly being guilt-ridden because of the survivor syndrome, Kore sees any and all evil, even potential one, as a threat to the universe. It's because that, even potential, evil can and might, even if potentially, affect the Axe of Prissan, the source of Kore's traumatic obsession.

I know it's just a theory, but it could explain the thing which bugs all the community - how come Kore gets to remain a paladin. He just sees the Big Picture.

So, my predictions are:

1. Kore will fight the axe demon, as he sees it an inevitable goal of his little campaign. He will die in the process.
2. The reason he did all the petty, yet seemingly evil stuff, is because of potential harm potential evil could do to the Axe of Prissan and release evil far more powerful.

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:28 am

I predict that Complains will get the Racist Axe at some point and wield it against a demon. Not sure how that will happen, but I think it's going to.

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:49 am

I mentioned this in the new comic thread but I might as well repeat it here. The new teller will divine that Dies Horribly is the best choice for Chief, and if the teller ends up being Big Ears, he'll name him as Chief despite the ramifications.