09-Aug-2015: Shching-thump

Post by Glemp » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:31 am

HerdsCats
Of Few Words
UStream Username: HerdsCats
Location: Somewhere between a tub and a sharp pointy set of teeth

Re: 09-Aug-2015: Shching-thump

Post by HerdsCats » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:27 am

Really loving that face on complains in the last panel. Those demonic features really suit him.

Also, it seems strange to me that we've had two jokes about the axe phasing through BE in a row, plus the little image of him playing with that feature while they were walking down the hallway. Something tells me shits about to go down, and the axe is going to become relevant again really soon.
My name is HerdsCats. I do the impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant on a daily basis. How may I help you today?

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:45 am

Nobody should believe Thunt put such an extraordinary and most powerful artefact and the whole story behind it into the story, just to leave it at that...

Just about anything Thunt writes does serve a purpose, there to refer to later, sometimes for jokes, sometimes story related.

He rarely lets things stay unexplained, that's not his style, and most certainly not with anything as important as one of the weapons of his protagonists.
In fact, if Thunt were to write Star Wars, he'd be the one to come up with something like the microscopic lifeform named Midi-chloreans that were invented in Episode I to give some sort of rational explanation to the concept of the Force, rather than let it be the unfathomable secret of the ways of the Jedi, as it was presented by Yoda in Episode V. Role players. They need to break down everything to be manageable by dice. ;)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 am

That smile of Complains' is creepy. Like he is enjoying it a bit too much. Big Ears, I'd... put your armor back on, just in case, before Complains suddenly goes "I claim this axe as my own."

... ... ... ... ... now there's a frightening thought...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:33 am

Even if he did claim the axe for himself, it still wouldn't hurt big ears, for the same reason that the axe didn't hurt him when Saral Caine "owned" it.

But then, I think we'd have a good idea of whether or not something like that would happen pretty well in advance. You'd have to be pretty evil to try and steal something like the axe of prissan from your friend. And it seems like detect evil is something that you can sense from quite a bit away if it's a strong enough evil, at least in this comic.
My name is HerdsCats. I do the impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant on a daily basis. How may I help you today?

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am

Apparently (looking at the speech bubble) Minmax is still up there. So I wonder if there will be any hesitation or discussion about letting him down. Big ears'll probably let him down no problem, but complains may not be happy.

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:23 am

I can't blame Complains for his response. That impact probably isn't doing his bad arm any favors. Ouch. :?

Thaco forgot Ears's intagibility with the axe and Ears forgot to warn everyone was he was doing. Is Minmax's stupidity an airborne pathogen or what?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Changes_everything wrote:In fact, if Thunt were to write Star Wars, he'd be the one to come up with something like the microscopic lifeform named Midi-chloreans that were invented in Episode I to give some sort of rational explanation to the concept of the Force, rather than let it be the unfathomable secret of the ways of the Jedi, as it was presented by Yoda in Episode V.
You mean the boring part that stopped the plot progression cold in favor of long-winded, pointless exposition in the middle of the mediocre movie? By the gods, I hope not.

I forget. Did Thunt say that several of the party members are getting loot in here? I'd like to see some loot-getting happen.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:50 pm

He did mention some equipment upgrades. Fumbles ... might be better off without weapons to fumble, now that I start to say it.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Dat sword though.
I prefer Big Ears expression in the last panel. Oh I've missed Goblins updates so much.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:30 pm

@duke_garland wrote:@Thunt_Goblins shouldn't "thump" be purple, since it's Names' IME?
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Oh DAMN! Why the heck did I make it Thaco's IME? Thks for pointing it out. I'll have it fixed in the shaded version twitter.com/duke_garland/s
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 pm

I am @duke_garland, btw ._.
RocketScientist wrote:I forget. Did Thunt say that several of the party members are getting loot in here? I'd like to see some loot-getting happen.
yes, he did! >:D

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 am

Oh awesome. Did he mention any names, or just that "several" of them would get some nice stuff?

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:16 am

HerdsCats wrote:Oh awesome. Did he mention any names, or just that "several" of them would get some nice stuff?
Not exact quote, but "everyone will get something"
Maybe, Thaco will only get the blindfold.

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:47 am

Yea, I kinda figured the blindfold would probably be it for Thaco, at least as far as magic items go. Wonder if complains will get something for his class, as now both Ears and Thaco have something.

At the very least, I think fumbles is due for a magic /something/. Right now he's the only one without anything.

Korith
Remains Silent

Post by Korith » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 am

Seems to me that MinMax might be a good fit for the blindfold as well. He can dodge enemy attacks with the bonus, grab oblivious out of its nowhere-hole to swing blindly, then just let go and claim the defense bonus again.

Alternatively, because its made of "nothing", it may not even count as holding a weapon?

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:38 am

In the stream, Thunt said that if you hold any item with the intent to use it as a weapon, the cloth becomes a regular blindfold. So like, if you were holding a knife to cut your dinner, you could still see out of it, but if you then turned around and tried to stab your buddy for stealing your french fries, you would then not be able to see out of it anymore. So it's more the intent of the wielder than the weapon itself.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Ah but how can nothing be a weapon or be used as such? He is literally holding nothig...

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Oblivious is literally made of oblivion and is technically "nothing" though, is it not? If it counted as something, that kind of contradicts what it is...

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Very smart Big Ears, let a demon hold the axe that is a prison for another demon...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:46 pm

With the not very positive intent of hurting BE and satisfying oneself....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ah but how can nothing be a weapon or be used as such? He is literally holding nothig...
Well with the description at hand I'd say it's more what you're thinking. The fact that you know and/or think of it as a weapon is what blinds you.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:35 pm

There were a couple weapons that were part of the GAR card art, I think some of them were going to be exclusive to the game, but I wonder if he might have hinted at some of the weapons in this room with that stuff...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

HerdsCats
Of Few Words

Post by HerdsCats » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Kamos wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Ah but how can nothing be a weapon or be used as such? He is literally holding nothig...
Well with the description at hand I'd say it's more what you're thinking. The fact that you know and/or think of it as a weapon is what blinds you.
Pretty much this. It's your intent,and not what you hold (or don't hold) in your hand. Oblivious is sort of a strange thing, because although "technically it doesn't exist", it can still effect things, and Minmax still thinks of it as his weapon. Thus negating your argument. Oblivious exists because mimax says for it to exist. He believes it to be his weapon, just as I now believe my butter knife to be my weapon. Now get the hell away from my fries you moocher.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:21 pm

But fists ARE a weapon and can be used as such. If intents matter then when punching someone they will be considered weapons and blind you.