News: Livefeed kills innocent baby rumors!

Discuss the comic here!
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

News: Livefeed kills innocent baby rumors!

Post by SGTdude » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Disclaimer: THunt reserves the right to state that I somehow misunderstood him in what he said and contradict anything I am saying here.

So tonight THunt was live-streaming and I caught it for the first time in like...forever. I got a few answers to things I thought were rumors and figured he would never talk about. So naturally I want to share it.

1) Skies lie: I have always assumed sky color indicates what time of day it was in the comic. THunt directly told me that this is not the case and it is more to set the scene. There is one other piece of info I received that is connected to this, but I am going to hold that back for now. Edit: this does NOT mean time is meaningless, it means my understanding of how time is presented has been clarified and I will explain how the sky works in the Unofficial Timeline.

2) Fumbles is an adventurer: Vorpral, even though its impossible in D&D, is in fact 1/11th of all 11 classes. This is not some quirky thing the character happened to say, its as real as Big Ears' paladinhood.
► Show Spoiler
So for me in several ways tonight was pretty huge.

Oh yeah, and THunt is probably coming to America to visit someday (stated). So lots to look forward to.

Thanks Tarol for being such a great host to your fans, as is your custom.
Last edited by SGTdude on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Guus
Floods your Ears

Re: News: Livefeed kills innocent baby rumors!

Post by Guus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:13 am

You might want to put parts of this behind spoilers SGT ;)
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 am

I felt as though it was a safe news update, but i have covered up the potentially spoiley bits.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:44 am

Another quick remembrance from the livestream I heard. I asked about the specific way the gameworld (home of goblins) is connected to the real world (where GM herbert, the female playing forgath, and all our other players live). THunt said he didnt want to tak about it in a way that indicated (to me at least) that this dynamic is a major element of the story that will be fully revealed at the end and is not just some quirky side thing he threw in.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 am

SGTdude wrote:2) Fumbles is an adventurer: Vorpral, even though its impossible in D&D, is in fact 1/11th of all 11 classes. This is not some quirky thing the character happened to say, its as real as Big Ears' paladinhood.
:? I'm actually a little turned off by that one, but I'm sure Thunt will find a way to make it work. I had always hoped this was just silly joke with no impact on the actual story. But hey, it's a good comic and Thunt is a good writer. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 pm

And I am waiting for Fumbles tomremember to declare dodge against the vines....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Thunt told us in the stream tonight that Klik and Junior have actual names. We'll learn them both in time. But Klik's name has been said already. It's just that no one recognized it as being his name. The revelation of it is supposed to be one of those mind-blowing "did not see that coming" kind of things.

Let the archive dive and wild speculation begin!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:31 am

WearsHats wrote:Thunt told us in the stream tonight that Klik and Junior have actual names. We'll learn them both in time. But Klik's name has been said already. It's just that no one recognized it as being his name. The revelation of it is supposed to be one of those mind-blowing "did not see that coming" kind of things.

Gah. Now i HAVE to do this.

Okay, potential candidates:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 am

Well, the thing is that he didn't say Klik had been directly called by name. Just that Kilk's name had been said. So it could well be that we thought they were talking about someone or something else. Or that we didn't even realize it was a name. I actually wondered if it was Prissan. The armor, after all, is grey and can shapeshift.

The other thing of significance he said is that we'll be learning more about Kore. The more we (and the GAP) learn about him, the more the stakes will be raised. It won't just be about survival anymore.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Much interesting information coming from Thunt of late. 8)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:42 pm

"Love will fuel hate"?

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:35 am

WearsHats wrote:I actually wondered if it was Prissan. The armor, after all, is grey and can shapeshift.
Mmm, definitely no. The Axe of Prissan is a play on words, just like it's "opposite", Hammer of Jale. It wouldn't work outside that pun...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 am

I did realize it's a pun, yes. But in-universe, the name has to come from somewhere.

Love and Hate are an interesting possibility, but it doesn't sound quite right to me. Klik did embody love, and Junior does seem to be made of hate. But having them named that seems a little on the nose. I'm also not sure the timing is right for the prophecy.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Finally had the time to look/follow up on your post...
SpeaksManyLanguages wrote:
WearsHats wrote:Thunt told us in the stream tonight that Klik and Junior have actual names. We'll learn them both in time. But Klik's name has been said already. It's just that no one recognized it as being his name. The revelation of it is supposed to be one of those mind-blowing "did not see that coming" kind of things.

Gah. Now i HAVE to do this.

[..]
Eating Metal [by Dies, 20060304, there's an excess comma after it that shouldn't be there in normal situation, btw. my bet is on this][..]
The comma does make the grammar wrong, yes, but also in the case of Eating Metal being a name.....
From the same page/same line A Handy Trick? [edit]Oops, you proposed that one already tooo...[/edit]
Or "Scratch An Itch"...

All three names assume a prophesy name giving.... Which may not be the case for the Noisy Round Spirits....

It might just be