5 March 2013: What Next?!

Discuss the comic here!
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: 5 March 2013: What Next?!

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

THunt not only works on the comic, but on Alternate Realities, the next installment of the paper version of Goblins, and various other side jobs for the comic, as well as trying to have a normal home life. Well, as normal as THunt gets.

I believe the contract he signed specified two comics a week.. but on that I'm not sure.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 am

Wolfie wrote:THunt not only works on the comic, but on Alternate Realities, the next installment of the paper version of Goblins, and various other side jobs for the comic, as well as trying to have a normal home life. Well, as normal as THunt gets.

I believe the contract he signed specified two comics a week.. but on that I'm not sure.
If there is a contract - break it! The publisher should have two choices: either allow the schedule to be what THunt chooses, or THunt collapses under the stress as the update rate drops to zero comics a week. I'm sure the equivalent of "a note from a doctor" prescribing less stress, etc, would be sufficient grounds for changing a contract, if not breaking it altogether, without penalty.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 am

stevedj wrote:
Wolfie wrote:THunt not only works on the comic, but on Alternate Realities, the next installment of the paper version of Goblins, and various other side jobs for the comic, as well as trying to have a normal home life. Well, as normal as THunt gets.

If there is a contract - break it! The publisher should have two choices: either allow the schedule to be what THunt chooses, or THunt collapses under the stress as the update rate drops to zero comics a week. I'm sure the equivalent of "a note from a doctor" prescribing less stress, etc, would be sufficient grounds for changing a contract, if not breaking it altogether, without penalty.
Um... Frustration of a contract due to inability (due to no fault on the part of the parties) to complete the contract, is different than just breaking a contract...

At least by Canadian law.

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 am

Color updated.

http://www.goblinscomic.com/03062013/

Nothing very special to this one. I kept the lighting on the characters very simple and added some smoke on top.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 am

morikahn wrote:Color updated.

Nothing very special to this one. I kept the lighting on the characters very simple and added some smoke on top.
That's just lovely. :D :cheer:

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 am

Yes, the smoke - thank you! And beautifully done, too!

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 am

Love it, really kicked an already top notch moment up with the perfect atmosphere
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Absolutely beautiful; probably your best work since the last time we saw Klik. And you put in the smoke from the torches! (For extra awesome points, the next time we see F&K, with the mouth closed, the smoke should slowly but visibly dissipate.)
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I think some of us should stop trying to tell Thunt how to run his own comic. The unsolicited advice is not accomplishing anything.
morikahn wrote:Nothing very special to this one.
Are you kidding? It looks amazing! It doesn't have to be hard to be special.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 pm

*bliss* ... I dont know why, I dont know what, but it works very well for me. Well Done Colours_with_Crayons ... your getting almost good!

ps - should one give compliments that result in a massive out of all proportion ego, or just undersell the compliment so there is still some urge to try. Confused ...

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 pm

It doesn't look like red hats will be amoung the first to the top, so if I may steal idea from numerous other forum posters:
1. MM takes every key ... done
2. MM throws all keys through hole ... done
3. Since a bad key has been taken, the mouth closes ... done
4. Since the good key has been taken, the tower starts to rotate, knocking most of the climbers off of the tower.
5. Unknown - will the arms start to rotate, and knock over the torches, killing everybody.
Note - if the arms are firmly affixed to the tower, and it rotates, they will have to hit the torches.
6. There is a short wall at the edge of the tower top, so MM will not be crushed.
7. Kin and Forgath will smash the mechinism, and let him through. MM wil never need his sword at this point.
8. They will discover that they aren't the only ones to think of going through an oblivon hole, and will meet red hats before they get back to treasure room.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm

rwstyles wrote:It doesn't look like red hats will be amoung the first to the top, so if I may steal idea from numerous other forum posters:
5. Unknown - will the arms start to rotate, and knock over the torches, killing everybody.
Note - if the arms are firmly affixed to the tower, and it rotates, they will have to hit the torches.
Not quite -- the arms are far above the tops of the torches. Take another look...

rwstyles
Whispers Softly

Post by rwstyles » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:24 am

rwstyles wrote:It doesn't look like red hats will be amoung the first to the top, so if I may steal idea from numerous other forum posters:
1. MM takes every key ... done
2. MM throws all keys through hole ... done
3. Since a bad key has been taken, the mouth closes ... done
4. Since the good key has been taken, the tower starts to rotate, knocking most of the climbers off of the tower.
6. There is a short wall at the edge of the tower top, so MM will not be crushed.
7. Kin and Forgath will smash the mechinism, and let him through. MM wil never need his sword at this point.
8. They will discover that they aren't the only ones to think of going through an oblivon hole, and will meet red hats before they get back to treasure room.

... Right. I got confused (#5). They are above the towers. I think that the assumption is that the brace is in fact intended to stop the arms from rotateing. If they are withdrawn, the arms might rotate and drop while the tower as a hole goes up. Of course, the torch towers look to be too strong to knock over, so I doubt that the arms will rotate. But it would be cool/horrific.