Kliks Info

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Kliks Info

Post by Krulle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:52 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Would it be possible for there to be a hot fluid klik that is gaseous in its natural state? In other words, it never gets cold enough for it to re-condense?
A hydrogen-klik?

And when under sufficiently pressure, it becomes a metallic hydrogen klik?

Won't survive in H-congruous worlds though.
Oxygen would be it's natural negative, so it tends to combust and turn to water when in breathable atmosphere.
But outside of atmospheres, or in other dimensions....

Energy:
A dimensional klik: it's made of several dimensions.
positives: any form of energy, especially electric and magnetic energies, and heat.
negatives: anything that cools, so evaporating water, ice, coldness in general, windy days, night,....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:14 pm

I imagine if there were any booze fluid klicks, they probably ran away at the sight of a dwarf. ;)

Look out, he's got a straw!
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Krulle wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:Would it be possible for there to be a hot fluid klik that is gaseous in its natural state? In other words, it never gets cold enough for it to re-condense?
A hydrogen-klik?

And when under sufficiently pressure, it becomes a metallic hydrogen klik?.
Or a living fart cloud,
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Krulle wrote: A hydrogen-klik?

And when under sufficiently pressure, it becomes a metallic hydrogen klik?
Since the only place that metallic hydrogen is speculated to naturally exist is the core of gas giants like Jupiter, wouldn't that be a little unlikely? :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:52 am

Yes, but we know that the kliks live in several dimensions, they are interdimensional settlers....
so, why not have some living in space, in gas giants,....

(And I wrote "sufficient pressure")...

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 am

I did not know Kliks were so much fun. :D

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:59 am

Krulle wrote:Yes, but we know that the kliks live in several dimensions, they are interdimensional settlers....
so, why not have some living in space, in gas giants,....

(And I wrote "sufficient pressure")...
Well, hey, if we're going to dream, dream big! How about a neutronium klik then? Superdense ( and essentially invulnerable to phaser fire to boot :lol: ). Dang if it can think of a decent negative, though. Maybe hydrogen or oxygen gas? :shrug:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 am

You could have a black-hole klik. (Energy-Klik).
Positive: mass, anything material (absorbed and gone)...
Negative: energies, specifically motion, and time. And the need to move is a gigantic negative. So, no hovering, as the energy needed for that would insta-dissolve the black-hole klik.
In this dimension not hovering would mean it's touching the planet, thus inst-heal, and the planet is gone.

(hey, dreaming to the extreme)

neutronium klik has the same negatives. Anything that dense simply has problems with energies applied to the system to stay stable. And time simply destroy everything.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:58 am

Question, that I'm surprised nobody asked:

Let's say we have a Klik, whose positive is vague organic, and negative is vague fluid (i.e any organic heals, any fluid hurts). Or vice versa, for that matter. What effect would blood have on it?
All hail the power of the stick!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 am

"Something dark"? :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:18 am

A need for pain?

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 am

lingrem wrote:Oh!! For my Mushroom Tic (guessing a bit here since all we know about tics is that they're meant to help the others...) they break down dead organic matter, turn it into soil, and give it to a plant-Klik! bahaha.
I'm pretty sure Tiks work a little differently. I don't think they have the same 5 species thing. Notice how all of the ones in the picture are merely glowy, scintillating balls. I think they all have that form with differences in color alone. I'm curious what they do to perpetuate the existence of kliks. Maybe they are necessary for the soul merging process described here: http://www.goblinscomic.org/04072006/ I wonder, does the klik's species depend on what type of soul it copied? Did Junior's spawning from a fearful soul make he a blood eater? What type of soul would make a temporal klik?

Since I'm at work staring at circuit boards and programming a microcontroller: a Silicon click, metallic, can form its inner workings into extremely compact computing structures, re-configurable to perform at IC speeds, much faster than a CPU for specific computing tasks. Upshot: much faster decision making. Positive: Knowledge, but new knowledge eats up more and more hardware space, reducing volume usable for computation. (Can they get larger? He could use the knowledge to grow himself as long as he doesn't need healing.) Negative: Electromagnetic energy, being near a surge like a lightning bolt can wipe it out completely.

Edit: If we assume Junior is a normal kilk and not some abomination because of what our klik did (do I remember correctly that he was not supposed to do that?) then kilks can grow by absorbing their positive. So my computer klik could grow, and a water positive klik could consume an ocean and become tsunami klik.
Last edited by Rorrik on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 am

Hmm, would a mineral klik made of salt be killed by being dissolved by water?
If an energy klik is made of light can it move at the speed of light?
Ooo, what about a klik made of gravity?
Kliks made of sodium metal wouldn't last long since the stuff explodes on contact with moisture.
Kinetic kliks are made of go!
Ooo, a kinetic klik made of vibrational energy would be made of either sound or heat since heat is vibrating atoms and kliking is a sound so we can have a klik made of kliks!
I giggle at the thought of a temporal klik made entirely of thursdays.
Souls count as energy in D&D yes? Kliks that eat ghosts.
Mineral heat positive klik = lava!
Heh, fluid positive metallic klik disguising itself as a water bucket. Darn thing must have a leak...
Also, wouldn't a water positive klik be pretty much un-killable while underwater?
Woe to the organic klik made of dung. He has no friends but the flies.
Huggable organic klik made of wool! So fluffy!
A metallic klik that feeds on kinetic energy would make wonderful armor. Hitting it just feeds it!

One Skunk Todd
Remains Silent

Post by One Skunk Todd » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:07 am

I was going to say a klik of sound but Sockmonkey beat me to it.

How about a klik made out of letters or printed words or paper or ink. A klik of springs and gears. One of feathers. A klik of rainbows and fantastical ideas. A klik of old socks and discarded clothes. A klik of table scraps and candle stubs. A klik of failed Kickstarters. :)

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Sockmonkey wrote:Heh, fluid positive metallic klik disguising itself as a water bucket. Darn thing must have a leak...
If I understand correctly, positive affects klik's appearance, so fluid positive one should be itself fluid.
All hail the power of the stick!

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:39 pm

SoulReaver wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:Heh, fluid positive metallic klik disguising itself as a water bucket. Darn thing must have a leak...
If I understand correctly, positive affects klik's appearance, so fluid positive one should be itself fluid.
Not necessarily, Junior is a metallic type klik, but he has a blood positive, whether fluid, organic, or both we're not sure. You could have a metal klik that is fluid or water positive.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 pm

I wanna see a soccer ball Klik :D
► Show Spoiler

Lady Dawn
Whispers Softly

Post by Lady Dawn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:10 pm

*looks suspiciously at the ground an d pulls feet up*
Suddenly I am wondering if we are living on a huge klok that has magical energy for negative. That would explain so much about why our world is so dull....

phantomlink959
Remains Silent

Post by phantomlink959 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:04 pm

dang it! now i'll never be able to look at the world the same way again!

GadzooksBonanza
Remains Silent

Post by GadzooksBonanza » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:54 pm

What I wanna know is if the size of the kilk is affected by the size of the creature they breed off of.

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:22 pm

The majority of the Kliks there are about the same size as our Klik. I'm pretty sure all the bigger ones are Kloks.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:26 pm

A Klok made of one Metallic-Copper Klick, one Energy-Mechanical Klick, and a couple Temporal Klicks.

Would this be a time machine? (Also, it's a good thing Kore reveal came up before the possibility of time travel.)
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Looking closely at the tiks, they all seem to have that same lower lip dimple as the kliks and the one hovering over FG clearly has it's mouth open like it's shouting.

Oh, BTW did original Klik have affinity for heat or cold? I could probably figure out which with an archive binge but I'm too lazy.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Sockmonkey wrote:Oh, BTW did original Klik have affinity for heat or cold? I could probably figure out which with an archive binge but I'm too lazy.
I think that the hot/cold was specifically for fluid kliks? I could scroll up, but if you're too lazy to check the archive, I'm too lazy to check this thread.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

TalksWithSpirits
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TalksWithSpirits » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Sockmonkey wrote:Looking closely at the tiks, they all seem to have that same lower lip dimple as the kliks and the one hovering over FG clearly has it's mouth open like it's shouting.

Oh, BTW did original Klik have affinity for heat or cold? I could probably figure out which with an archive binge but I'm too lazy.
I'm fairly certain the first klik we met had metal for a positive.