Kliks Info

Discuss the comic here!
willpell
Banned

Re: Kliks Info

Post by willpell » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:44 am

fitzorai wrote:G-guys, what about a Klik that is paradoxically made of oblivion - is that even theoretically possible? Afterall, there is in-fact in existence - or rather, not in existence, but kinda in existence but by definition the opposite of existence, Minmax's sword, Oblivious.

We've already seen oblivion paradoxically be replicated into a blade, perhaps it is possible for oblivion to be paradoxically replicated by a Klik.

What would it's weaknesses even be, what would heal it? My speculations on this comes from looking at Oblivious; Oblivion Klik would heal itself with ignorance and be weakened by someone trying to understand the nature of its existence. I would also think that said Oblivion Klik couldn't possibly be a living entity; it would basically be a Klik statue that does not travel through time.

Oh, and hi, I'm new to the Goblins forum!
Great idea! Although I would imagine that being a living entity itself, it could will itself to move through time as it chose - almost certainly it would be a temporal klik, but probably one of unusual power. If comprehension of itself was indeed its negative (hopefully with an exception for itself, as it would inevitably have to have some understanding of its own nature), then I can see it being a spectacularly dangerous entity, which travels through the cosmos and annihilates anyone who learns anything about it, ensuring that it grows ever more powerful.

Now the real question is what would happen if some others tried to Klok into it....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Reirrac
Whispers Softly

Post by Reirrac » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:39 am

I like the idea of a Klik whose positive is potential energy. The higher he gets, the stronger he is. Or he can be healed by touching him with the string of a bow about to shoot. Or other confusing things :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:33 pm

And negative energy is like a severe depression?
He gets sicker because of the negative energy, thus creating more negative energy....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Reirrac wrote:I like the idea of a Klik whose positive is potential energy. The higher he gets, the stronger he is. Or he can be healed by touching him with the string of a bow about to shoot.
So if he absorbs the potential energy of a bow string, does that mean that bow won't shoot?
All hail the power of the stick!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:38 am

I imagine the string would pull itself back to to the relaxed state and the arrow harmlessly falls to the ground.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

fitzorai
Remains Silent

Post by fitzorai » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:57 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:
I imagine the string would pull itself back to to the relaxed state and the arrow harmlessly falls to the ground.
What if the Klik then absorbed the potential kinetic energy inherent in the arrow falling because of gravity?

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Well, by that logic it would slowly descend to the ground. Hey, that Klik can work as a parachute! Why didn't he save Forgath? A-hole. :ktongue:

ETA: Wait, nevermind. He needed something to drain his kinetic energy since he was falling already.
All hail the power of the stick!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 am

Krulle wrote:And negative energy is like a severe depression?
He gets sicker because of the negative energy, thus creating more negative energy....
That's a logical negative for a positive-energy Klik, who just keeps getting happier and more powerful until something disillusions him, breaks his spirit and sends him into a bleak spiral of despair - argh, I just described my own life, now I'm sad.

But for a real puzzler, reverse them. You now have a Klik who constantly negates his own growth or dwindling and thus remains essentially unchanged?
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 am

Just thought i'd throw out a small theory, Tics are something to do with the species traveling through different realities.

Also Junior is a metal Klik. As in the flash back joining of dies new arms there is a sentence that says---you create a smaller sphere made out of the same material as you... which means Kliks of one type only make Kliks of the same body type, just with different strengths and weaknesses.

On a side note I like the idea of an egg shell klik (organic) that eats eggs (organic) and a weakness to some form of heat. However as a odd glitch when is injured it sheds it outer egg layer and eats it and it can be seen picking and eating at bits of itself it it gets to hot where the outer layer tries to hatch a new egg shell, like a person eating there own flaking skin.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 am

Sorry to rain on your thought-parade, Willpell, but a simple solution is to not factor the emotion-klik's own emotions. This way, it feeds by spreading joy or misery and sticking around to absorb the good or bad vibes.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:35 am

willpell wrote:
Krulle wrote:And negative energy is like a severe depression?
That's a logical negative for a positive-energy Klik, who just keeps getting happier and more powerful until something disillusions him, breaks his spirit and sends him into a bleak spiral of despair - argh, I just described my own life, now I'm sad.

But for a real puzzler, reverse them. You now have a Klik who constantly negates his own growth or dwindling and thus remains essentially unchanged?
Your description reminded me of Marvin (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) :lol: Imagine him as a Klik... :shock:

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Patdragon wrote:Just thought i'd throw out a small theory, Tics are something to do with the species traveling through different realities.
That would be pretty awesome.
Also Junior is a metal Klik. As in the flash back joining of dies new arms there is a sentence that says---you create a smaller sphere made out of the same material as you... which means Kliks of one type only make Kliks of the same body type, just with different strengths and weaknesses.
I think that's a little bit of a jump. Setting aside for the moment that Junior was created by a different process and was never supposed to a be a Klik, The smaller sphere may be made of the same material, but then it joins with another being and begins partially copying its soul. For all we know, this process can easily result in a klik of a different kind.

Mitschu
Remains Silent

Post by Mitschu » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:33 am

Rorrik wrote:
Zeus1976 wrote:Would be nice to make a basic Klik Creator. Anyone feel up to making a list of possibilitys for kliks?

Here's my stab at the table. I know I missed some options, but this could get you rolling. :P

I went ahead and did two things - one, finally create a Goblins Forum account, and two, added a tab to your document that is essentially an auto-roller for Klik generation.

While it lacks a few specific details (because I didn't have the time to configure it to roll for a subtype and then figure out both which subtype table to use and then also which subtype description to display), it should be a fully functional Klik Generator from which people can use the roll values generated to determine more specific details from your table. Lemme know if there are any bugs or glitches, it's very off the cuff and unpolished.

And now I sleep, I work in seven hours.

ETA: Decided to give it a trial roll to see how well it performs. Introducing Klikschu - it enjoys masquerading as an ornate comb or hairbrush and hiding in large towns to be picked up by unwary humans, where it slowly renders them bald over the course of weeks. By not floating or otherwise shapeshifting during this time, it is able to conserve energy and savor each meal, a decadence little known to fellow Kliks. It is actually the sole reason for Saral Caine's baldness. Caine never realized it was his newly found comb that was causing his magnificent mane to vanish little by little each day, and Klikschu was only driven away when he obtained the Axe of Prissan and the magical armor that came with it... but not before finishing up in one fell swoop and floating away out the window, chittering gleefully through a mouthful of blonde locks. (Metallic Klik, organic positive subtype hair with narrow breadth, negative energy subtype magical with narrow breadth.)

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Would it be possible for a Klok to exist that can translate Klikese into the common tongue of this setting?
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm guessing that would require the combination of at least a sound klik who could just get fat listening to industrial machines and...I don't know, an organic klik made of tongues?

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:45 am

Temporal klik made of deadlines. It feeds on the frustrated screams of writers.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 am

Davis8488 wrote:Would it be possible for a Klok to exist that can translate Klikese into the common tongue of this setting?

hmm..... maybe a Klock made up of echos, time (and something else...) so it can repeat anything it has heard by echo-ing it back at what ever time it wants.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

NightyKnight
Remains Silent

Post by NightyKnight » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:56 pm

What About an Oblivion Klik, like Minmax's sword. I think it would fall more under the temporal Klik as it would technically live outside of time and space. Yet it has the power to flit in and out of reality. This could make for a really annoying advesary. Its negative would be everything and its positive would be nothing thus causing it to have to jump through reality.
Just a thought
Last edited by NightyKnight on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let the Kliks bite

jbrecken
Whispers Softly

Post by jbrecken » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Once upon a time there was an energy klik made of dreaming brainwaves, whose positive was organic(teeth), and negative was metal(coins). She became a legend.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 am

I love that one! She once visited me too!

(can I upvote your post?)

NightyKnight
Remains Silent

Post by NightyKnight » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:25 am

jbrecken wrote:Once upon a time there was an energy klik made of dreaming brainwaves, whose positive was organic(teeth), and negative was metal(coins). She became a legend.
Nice I like that one. :cheer: :cheer:
Don't let the Kliks bite

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:47 am

More info is on it's way:
On the 10th of April 2015, [url=https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/586322022453481472]@Thunt_Goblins[/url] wrote:.@Samy_05 Forgath's patches will be fully explained a little later on in the comic.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 am

Well yeah, I figured they would be. Can't just give him these patches and never ever explain them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:18 am

Surely not. And now we have Ward to actually talk and give more information than Dies Horribly gleaned from the unallowed joining.

NightyKnight
Remains Silent

Post by NightyKnight » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:21 pm

A Paper Klik
Type:Organic?
Positive: Rock or stone of any kind
Negative: Blades of any kind
How paper actualy beats rock >:?
Don't let the Kliks bite