Kliks Info

Discuss the comic here!
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Kliks Info

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 am

Yeah, Our Klik had Metal positive and Blood negative before Junior capitalized on that.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 am

Thunt wrote:Every fluid klik leans toward cold or heat.
Metalic kliks like ours don't have temperature affinities.

As far as the size of kliks, I agree that they all seem to be the same size, except that Junior is growing as he eats. I think Thunt is hiding from us that Junior is an abomination because of what our klik did fusing with the soul of a living creature instead of copying it. I think he's different than everyone else.

locksheer
Remains Silent

Post by locksheer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:12 am

So when you say fluid click do you mean fluid or do you mean liquid? The reason I ask is that gases are fluids but are not liquids. Thus you could make an air klik positive or an air klik negative. Which would make either a very powerful or very weak klik.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 am

"Fluid" can also refer to plasma. Plasma kliks and glass klik could then form a "plasma globe" klok with several plasma clouds inside.

All hail the power of the stick!

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:55 am

locksheer wrote:So when you say fluid click do you mean fluid or do you mean liquid? The reason I ask is that gases are fluids but are not liquids. Thus you could make an air klik positive or an air klik negative. Which would make either a very powerful or very weak klik.
The technical use of "fluid" doesn't seem to fit well here. Thunt explained that a fluid klik with an affinity for heat can survive and function in a gaseous form, while a fluid klik with an affinity for cold can survive and function in a solid form. It seems to mean that they are liquid at room temperature, or something like that.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Would a Bone-Klik be a pseudo-geodesic sphere made of actual bones, or just a spherical mass of bone matter? If the latter, would it contain marrow or just the hard outer part of the bone?
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm thinking a very round, eyeless skull with bone-arms and human-ish teeth.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm

What exactly is a Temporal Klik made of? Other than differing negs and poz's, what makes one TK unlike any other? That is to say, one metal klik is made of iron and one of gold, one organic is made of wood and another of flesh, but all temporals are made of time, right? And why exactly is "time" a blue solid in The Panel?

Goblins probably doesn't have to ever answer this one since its world is pre-industrial, but for theoretical purposes, if a Klik were made of Plastic, would he fall into Organics or be a distinct sixth type?
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Knucklekraken » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Are the panes of translucence connected to the staff - bearing Klok's hands, or does he have Rayman Syndrome?

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 am

willpell wrote:What exactly is a Temporal Klik made of? Other than differing negs and poz's, what makes one TK unlike any other? That is to say, one metal klik is made of iron and one of gold, one organic is made of wood and another of flesh, but all temporals are made of time, right? And why exactly is "time" a blue solid in The Panel?
There are actually 2 temporal kliks in the panel, a yellow one with claw arms is back behind the froggy click. It seems they come in general colors, and their appearance doesn't exactly reflect what they are made of.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 am

Could some be made of seconds and some of minutes, for example?

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Would be nice to make a basic Klik Creator. Anyone feel up to making a list of possibilitys for kliks?

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Also my Klik is
Flesh - demonic
This klik is made of the same demonic flesh as mr fingers. Due to this the Rot Klik has the ability to rot off limbs, his positive is the rotten material (the blue mush that follows a touch)
its Negative is healing magic of any type including potions.
This klik has 6 long protruding fingers, 4 it uses as legs,the other two feel around for any creature to get in its way - it has also been known to pray on fellow kliks which are made from organic material such as flesh or muscle.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:07 pm

That sounds much like the lesser finger horror we already saw...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Zeus1976 wrote:Would be nice to make a basic Klik Creator. Anyone feel up to making a list of possibilitys for kliks?
Oooh, Klik Tables!

Roll a D6 for a type, then roll a D8 for subtype... etc. :)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Zeus1976 wrote:Would be nice to make a basic Klik Creator. Anyone feel up to making a list of possibilitys for kliks?

Here's my stab at the table. I know I missed some options, but this could get you rolling. :P

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:18 pm

The table you have made is an amazing start :) hopefully as a collective group can really add to it :)

In organic maybe add undead - roll on flesh table for type of undead flesh or add to flesh table instead, teeth/enamel, in energy's add magical which would lead to another table.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Zeus1976 wrote:The table you have made is an amazing start :) hopefully as a collective group can really add to it :)

In organic maybe add undead - roll on flesh table for type of undead flesh or add to flesh table instead, teeth/enamel, in energy's add magical which would lead to another table.
Thanks! I can't believe I forgot magical energy!

TalksWithSpirits
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TalksWithSpirits » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:30 am

Zeus1976 wrote:The table you have made is an amazing start :) hopefully as a collective group can really add to it :)
Seconding this - it definitely seems like a pretty good starting base.

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 am

As we know by the infomation Thunt has given us, a kliks posative and negatives maybe specific or widely available - the example he gave was our klik been able to eat all metal.
My idea for this (would love for people to add to it, change it or rehall the idea) Before rolling for a Pos/Neg roll D12 for each 1- 4 = Specific pos or neg.. 5 - 8 Semi Specific ... 9 - 12 Wide range.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Zeus1976 wrote:As we know by the infomation Thunt has given us, a kliks posative and negatives maybe specific or widely available - the example he gave was our klik been able to eat all metal.
My idea for this (would love for people to add to it, change it or rehall the idea) Before rolling for a Pos/Neg roll D12 for each 1- 4 = Specific pos or neg.. 5 - 8 Semi Specific ... 9 - 12 Wide range.
Ooh, I like that idea. I tried getting something like that by having the rerolls, but as it is, it is far too uncommon to have multiple, let alone all metal. (Though I doubt our klik was ALL metal, since he didn't chew up and swallow Junior's fingers to heal himself. That would have changed how that fight went if he could just heal himself by eating Junior.) Still, I think rolling a broadness number rather than the rerolls would be very helpful. I'll look into it. Also, I'm not sure how to divvy up magic into different types. I took a stab at it, but I'm not aware of any sources for a broad view of how magic works in the goblinsverse.

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:27 pm

idea for magic could be something along the lines of, Arcane, Healing, Nature, Mechanical, Psionic ect

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Rorrik wrote:(Though I doubt our klik was ALL metal, since he didn't chew up and swallow Junior's fingers to heal himself. That would have changed how that fight went if he could just heal himself by eating Junior.)
It's probable that material which is part of a klik can't be absorbed by another klik, or at least that it would require a contest of wills between them.
My long-neglected blog.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Or maybe it's too close to how a Klok forms and our Klik wouldn't want to risk that.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:59 pm

willpell wrote:
Rorrik wrote:(Though I doubt our klik was ALL metal, since he didn't chew up and swallow Junior's fingers to heal himself. That would have changed how that fight went if he could just heal himself by eating Junior.)
It's probable that material which is part of a klik can't be absorbed by another klik, or at least that it would require a contest of wills between them.
Yea, I considered that, but then decided to ignore it. You could be right though.

I didn't think about the klok connection. Interesting...