31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Discuss the comic here!
Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 17

31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Jarednc » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:09 am

Is it even possible to "win" at her game normally?

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-5-2021

Kavorka
Remains Silent
Posts: 2

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Kavorka » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 am

I'm convinced she's shocked in the last two panels because she noticed the hellstrands!

Velgar
Whispers Softly
Posts: 54

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Velgar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:21 am

Kavorka wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 am
I'm convinced she's shocked in the last two panels because she noticed the hellstrands!
I really, really hope it's that one...

But kinda rude that Plush got dumped as an item. Talk about objectifying. >:?

Still. Really? Two goblins already explained how it goes and how they both "failed" because they went with an answer they felt was right for the question asked. And now they're shocked that it happened a third time? Sure, I don't think any of the goblins stacked points on Int, but surely Ears should have some boost to his Wis to figure that one out.

And yeah. I really, really hope it's the hellscape and not the "he's your son!" -bit... :roll:

Alsoalso! Hurray for more comics! :D
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Bapuvitttssf
Whispers Softly
Posts: 49

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:54 am

Speaking of hellstrands, they are missing. They will probably be added later in the same fashion flat panels were released before the shaded version a few years back, right?

AceJayce
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 10

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by AceJayce » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:07 am

Is it me or did the angel get BSOD'ed? :lol:
And... the whole page looks like unfinished - no shadows, color nuances and no hell strands too

Panando
Remains Silent
Posts: 8

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Panando » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:38 am

Makes you wonder what would happen if the second prissian was crushed into a singularity.

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7382
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:27 am

Bapuvitttssf wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:54 am
Speaking of hellstrands, they are missing. They will probably be added later in the same fashion flat panels were released before the shaded version a few years back, right?
Yes. Elli wanted to get the page up. And take some time off for her birthday today (not a joke!). So the page will be updated with shading soon.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Hope_Caswell
Remains Silent
Posts: 9

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Hope_Caswell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 am

I wonder if this whole business with the angel is a way of getting rid of the Axe without them having to literally Go To Hell, since otherwise they're not doing so hot on that quest.

Anyway, my favorite part of this page is the fact that Pawlush thinks the word "plush" sounds strong; it's a really nice perspective-flip on a word that we take very much for granted. To me it seems intuitive to process the word as "sounding soft", but I'm not a gargoyle, and it's easy to believe that a creature so different from a human (to the point of regarding what we would call "boredom" as the greatest of pleasures) would also very differently process words in a human language (presumably the GAP are all speaking Goblin, but we're getting the English translation, and presumably it's conveniently similar in all linguistic structures except where the author specifically i ndicates otherwise).

User avatar
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins
Posts: 7785
Location: banned
Contact:

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Very nice.
And a fast answer too, not a smart moce, BigEars.

Lucky you, Plush, pronounced as Pawlush, is smarter than you and may be able to talk you out of this.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Whispers Softly
Posts: 54

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Velgar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:39 pm

WearsHats wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:27 am
Yes. Elli wanted to get the page up. And take some time off for her birthday today (not a joke!). So the page will be updated with shading soon.
Congratz to Elli! Hope she has a good one. :D
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

User avatar
Feytala
Causes Kersplosionsfornoreason!
Posts: 667
Location: Essen, NRW, Germany

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Feytala » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:28 am

"Elli... You are his mother."

Seems Plush stacked points in Int AND Charisma. :D

User avatar
ErisStorm
Remains Silent
Posts: 2

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by ErisStorm » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Way to go Plush!

I loved the angel's reaction. Can't wait to see what she does next.

Cyro
Remains Silent
Posts: 1

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Cyro » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 pm

I've registered just to say that I'm looking forward to Thaco just answering her question correctly and being like "damn kids not able to answer a stupid question correctly".

For the most part the questions have basically been things that people don't want to admit or at least look at objectively. Like Big Ears denying that he's a hero, because in his eyes a hero is meant to be an unattainable goal.
But Thaco is at the age where he's learned to just look at the way things are and acknowledge them as such. He's admitted painful things before. I'd be pretty surprised if he answers wrong.

User avatar
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master
Posts: 4211

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:00 pm

And THAT is how you one-up an "angel".

I wonder if she would pull the lever out of spite only to pull the lifesaving lever and pop him back to the others just in time.
Discord: https://discord.gg/umMNJuH
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/
D&D world: https://app.roll20.net/join/5699401/fykkCw

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Brandon: "How do we get by these sulphur elementals?"
Atten: "I'm not fluent in flatulent, I can't speak their language."
Hervis: "Atten might not be fluent in flatulent, but he doesn't need to point his ass at the enemies to spew fire and flames to burn things down. He has magic words for that."
Brandon: "Give them the bag made of water elemental 'skin.' Maybe they'll play with that."

User avatar
Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
Posts: 1059

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Glemp » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:47 pm

So, what happens if the axe drops into the singularity? If it's something bad, use that as an argument why the angel shouldn't do it. If it's just destroyed, then do that.

Velgar
Whispers Softly
Posts: 54

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Velgar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:20 am

Cyro wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 pm
I've registered just to say that I'm looking forward to Thaco just answering her question correctly and being like "damn kids not able to answer a stupid question correctly".

For the most part the questions have basically been things that people don't want to admit or at least look at objectively. Like Big Ears denying that he's a hero, because in his eyes a hero is meant to be an unattainable goal.
But Thaco is at the age where he's learned to just look at the way things are and acknowledge them as such. He's admitted painful things before. I'd be pretty surprised if he answers wrong.
Yo, Goblin God bro. See this? This needs to happen. Okay? Would be cool, bro. Thanks anyway. 8)

"Are you old?"
"In grand scheme of things? Prolly not. For a goblin? Oh, heck yes. I got the backpains to prove it."
"Yeah. That's the way it goes. You're doing great for your age though. Keep it up."
"Thank you. Nice to have someone appreciate it for once."
"Oh, I'm not in my first hundreds either."
"Hundreds must be a small time for you, 'cose you look like a fresh maiden to my eye."
"Shush now and take your level-up."
"But you know I'm not lying."
"More the reason for you to run along, little one before I slap you for trying to hit on an angel. Not to mention I prefer the maidens myself."
"Can't win them all. Thank you for the chat."
"Likewise. You're the only one out of you I wouldn't mind seeing again."
"Well... You know my time might be up any day now..."
"Like said, different team. And different department. My time hereis not up for a looooong time. Also... You might not be meeting one of us..."
"Figures. You don't live to this age without something haunting your steps..."

...
Got a bit carried away. :lol:
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

User avatar
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins
Posts: 7785
Location: banned
Contact:

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Krulle » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:13 am

can you accept a +1 from me for being carried away?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Hope_Caswell
Remains Silent
Posts: 9

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Hope_Caswell » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 am

Velgar wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:20 am
Cyro wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 pm
I've registered just to say that I'm looking forward to Thaco just answering her question correctly and being like "damn kids not able to answer a stupid question correctly".

For the most part the questions have basically been things that people don't want to admit or at least look at objectively. Like Big Ears denying that he's a hero, because in his eyes a hero is meant to be an unattainable goal.
But Thaco is at the age where he's learned to just look at the way things are and acknowledge them as such. He's admitted painful things before. I'd be pretty surprised if he answers wrong.
Yo, Goblin God bro. See this? This needs to happen. Okay? Would be cool, bro. Thanks anyway. 8)

"Are you old?"
"In grand scheme of things? Prolly not. For a goblin? Oh, heck yes. I got the backpains to prove it."
"Yeah. That's the way it goes. You're doing great for your age though. Keep it up."
"Thank you. Nice to have someone appreciate it for once."
"Oh, I'm not in my first hundreds either."
"Hundreds must be a small time for you, 'cose you look like a fresh maiden to my eye."
"Shush now and take your level-up."
"But you know I'm not lying."
"More the reason for you to run along, little one before I slap you for trying to hit on an angel. Not to mention I prefer the maidens myself."
"Can't win them all. Thank you for the chat."
"Likewise. You're the only one out of you I wouldn't mind seeing again."
"Well... You know my time might be up any day now..."
"Like said, different team. And different department. My time hereis not up for a looooong time. Also... You might not be meeting one of us..."
"Figures. You don't live to this age without something haunting your steps..."

...
Got a bit carried away. :lol:
that was beautiful

User avatar
Generic
Converses Frequently
Posts: 573

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Generic » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm

I hope they never get to Thaco. My wish is that the Hellstrands mess up that tiny reality so much that we see what is supposed to happen to the ordinary reality. Gellin dies, screaming some clue at Ears where he is supposed to go to break the axe. Right now I assume that Ears gets out of there. Let's be frank, the death lever is not really menacing at this point.

IF Thaco gets to have his round with the angel, it would be a fine time for him to die. He has not had much to do for a couple of years now.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Hope_Caswell
Remains Silent
Posts: 9

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Hope_Caswell » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Generic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm
IF Thaco gets to have his round with the angel, it would be a fine time for him to die. He has not had much to do for a couple of years now.
Well that's the issue with a comic that updates once every several weeks, and periodically switches among three or four groups of heroes. It's been like an hour from Thaco's perspective, him not having done much hardly means it's time for him to die now.

User avatar
Generic
Converses Frequently
Posts: 573

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Generic » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 am

Hope_Caswell wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:40 pm
Generic wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm
IF Thaco gets to have his round with the angel, it would be a fine time for him to die. He has not had much to do for a couple of years now.
Well that's the issue with a comic that updates once every several weeks, and periodically switches among three or four groups of heroes. It's been like an hour from Thaco's perspective, him not having done much hardly means it's time for him to die now.
The last character moment for Thaco I remember is him saying "cross that line and I'll murder you, son.". After that he kinda said that he had no intention to be a chief, and that issue is pretty much solved.

How about before that?
He was done with Goblinslayer back in the sewer. He found his cut off ear and... set fire to it I think? That and the rest of Goblinslayer's collection.

So... You tell me. What is Thacos unresolved conflict? What is he striving towards, and what issues are he still to face about himself? Apart from killing Complains once he reaches that line again.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Velgar
Whispers Softly
Posts: 54

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Velgar » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 am

Generic wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 am
So... You tell me. What is Thacos unresolved conflict? What is he striving towards, and what issues are he still to face about himself? Apart from killing Complains once he reaches that line again.
The common things. Survival, continuation of your line, the prosperity and wellbeing of you and/or your loved ones.

Heck, by same logic Minmax got to see Kin again. So unless he gets some major plot point after that, off with his head.

Kin got the magic thingamajig she went after and even leveled up a bunch, so after helping her village, off with her head.

Ears dies instantly after delivering the axe. Complains kinda has just things thrown at him, he doesn't have any grand aspirations of his own (Hell, he's friend with Minmax as well by now!), dead. Dies already died (we haven't even seen him in AGES [#sarcasm, Elli take all the time you need]), so dead... Again...

Basically if you don't have at this very moment something major relevant going on, do you even plot, bro? No, I'm not interested in what your plotline has coming now or later. If it isn't there right now, I'm not interested.

Every character has to have a closet full of shotguns waiting on top of the fireplace, stat!

...
...
...
Aaaaaaaall of that being said. I wouldn't mind Thaco kicking the bucket either.

Characters can die in stories. Even heroes. But to just throw him away, 'cose he's old and grumpy? Naa, naa, naa.

Just throwing him to trash on some yes-or-no question would be rather lackluster. >:?

Kicking it in hell while kicking some daemon buttocks? Sure. Why not.
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

User avatar
Generic
Converses Frequently
Posts: 573

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Generic » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 am

Velgar wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 am
Generic wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 am
So... You tell me. What is Thacos unresolved conflict? What is he striving towards, and what issues are he still to face about himself? Apart from killing Complains once he reaches that line again.
The common things. Survival, continuation of your line, the prosperity and wellbeing of you and/or your loved ones.

Heck, by same logic Minmax got to see Kin again. So unless he gets some major plot point after that, off with his head.

Kin got the magic thingamajig she went after and even leveled up a bunch, so after helping her village, off with her head.

Ears dies instantly after delivering the axe. Complains kinda has just things thrown at him, he doesn't have any grand aspirations of his own (Hell, he's friend with Minmax as well by now!), dead. Dies already died (we haven't even seen him in AGES [#sarcasm, Elli take all the time you need]), so dead... Again...

Basically if you don't have at this very moment something major relevant going on, do you even plot, bro? No, I'm not interested in what your plotline has coming now or later. If it isn't there right now, I'm not interested.

Every character has to have a closet full of shotguns waiting on top of the fireplace, stat!

...
...
...
Aaaaaaaall of that being said. I wouldn't mind Thaco kicking the bucket either.

Characters can die in stories. Even heroes. But to just throw him away, 'cose he's old and grumpy? Naa, naa, naa.

Just throwing him to trash on some yes-or-no question would be rather lackluster. >:?

Kicking it in hell while kicking some daemon buttocks? Sure. Why not.
...

Yeah, opinions about specific plots DO sound silly if you extrapolate them like crazy. Good job?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Velgar
Whispers Softly
Posts: 54

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by Velgar » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Generic wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 am

Yeah, opinions about specific plots DO sound silly if you extrapolate them like crazy. Good job?
Thanks. :)

But I mean, yours was great too. You have a knack at it as well. ;)
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7382
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: 31 March 2021: Oh Geeze, No

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:57 am

Page is now updated with shading and hellstrands.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply