Liquidmark's art thread

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Liquidmark's art thread

Post by Liquidmark » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey guys, Liquidmark here. Long time reader but of course new to the new thread. I'm a big fan of the comic and I make a lot of fanrtasy art, tho I usually lean more into the sci-fi realm, I do occasionally do swords and sorcery-type stuff. Anyhow, let me show off what I have that is appropriate.

This is a piece of Goblins fanart that I completed last week. I figured that Biscuit will need to get a new leg somewhere, so i gave him a mechanical one. I'm thinking of adding a background to make dies arm easier to see. I have another piece planned for Kore. Hope to have that one done before New Years.

This one is a character named Lord Thanatos. When I used to play tabletop RPGs, I made a game where he was a major villain.

This is Burden. He was actually a mount for a character that I used to play named Gideon The Deathbringer. The two characters had a psychic link, so I could use both in concert for combo actions. Burden had the ability to walk erect or on all fours and he had the innate ability to sense magic among other things. He is immune to being blinded as he has no eyes, however he has the ability to detect sound, vibrations and smells with the use of those six pits on his head. His standard attacks involved slashing with his claws or rasping with his extendable barbed tongue. His forelimbs have opposable thumbs, so he can also wield some weapons but he doesn't have any advanced weapons training. Since he was psychically linked to Gideon, they are each susceptible to status effects that the other undergoes. Burden also got a slight boost from experiencing pain during combat with a random chance of going berserk, especially if Gideon is unconscious. If Gideon dies, Burden goes back to the underworld from which he spawned. Note: My GM's used to let me have special weapons and equipment because I always played villains.

Looking at my gallery, it seems that I removed most of my fantasy-based work a couple years ago when I emptied my galleries. I guess I'll work on reposting them...

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Liquidmark's art thread

Post by I'mBob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 am

That's really cool! I like that Thantos guy, what exactly was he? An evil knight? A lich?
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 am

I'm not sure Fox would be interested in Biscuit that way, but the organization of the picture is pretty good. Yeah, some little shading of the background could help in making the arm more visible.

Burden and Mr. T. also look good! :)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:09 pm

I'mBob wrote:That's really cool! I like that Thantos guy, what exactly was he? An evil knight? A lich?
In the game, he was a Demon that was nudging the balance of life and death in the material plane to acquire an army of capable warrior slaves in the afterlife as a powerplay to take over the underworld and eventually bring his rule to the other planes of existence.
LooksAndSmiles wrote:I'm not sure Fox would be interested in Biscuit that way, but the organization of the picture is pretty good. Yeah, some little shading of the background could help in making the arm more visible.

Burden and Mr. T. also look good! :)
Biscuit is, er, 'protecting' Fox. Hehe

Anyhow, I drew that page based off of when I saw this one http://www.goblinscomic.org/10192012/. I was like: 'That's the look of an impressed woman'. Besides, Biscuit is incredibly alpha. He doesn't say, he does. He doesn't whine or snivel, he roars and commands. Plus he's huge, has no fear and does what's needed without hesitation. Based Orc right there.

Thanks about Burden and Thanatos. I have an old pic of burden and Gideon that I drew when I was in college floating around. I don't know what I did with it tho...

Anyhow, more art. ^^

This is a pic that I did in a drawthread for a guy named Domobot (he's the owner of the Roxanne character). She's fighting Atom from Real Steel (probably one of the most underrated yet fun films of recent history IMO... Next to Iron Sky, that is)

Did this one in a drawthread. The requester was so polite and actually had a heartfelt request for something with his character in it. I had a lot of fun with this one, He was so grateful that he did some quick colors on it. I felt really good about that.

This one is also from a drawthread, done for an artist named kazoochachoo. He asked for a pic of his character (the magician girl on the left), so I drew her facing off before a fight against two of my OC's Wilhelm and Urge (wilhelm is the big guy and urge is the little imp in the white suit)

Ok, one more today.

This one is a logo that I made for my crew in GTA5. Looks pretty sweet on the back of a jacket or the hood of a car.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Ok, posting some more stuff today.

This character is Enya. She's a Marilith. I never used her in any sort of campaign, but i thought she looked a little cool so...

This is actually a character from an olllld story that I wrote called Realms of Arpeegee. The story behind this guy is that he's the avatar for a gem of power that belongs to the malevolent Kinzmehn hoard. Basically, in that world, they had these gems that would manifest the wishes of the people into reality if enough people wished for the same thing. The Kinzmehn wished to conquer the world, so the gem bonded with a chosen warrior to bring that to fruition.

This one is an image of the Grak, which were also a race that existed in Realms of Arpeegee. What's to say about them? Hmm.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:52 am

Which ones are the Grak? Is it the giant frog thing, or the smaller insect-looking things?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:43 am

SamWiser wrote:Which ones are the Grak? Is it the giant frog thing, or the smaller insect-looking things?
The smaller insect-like creatures. They used to be based on ants, but are now based more on bees than anything else.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:08 pm

I must say I really like your style.

Looking back, the goblin/orc trio is not that good, at least compared to the other pieces of art. But it's still pretty cool.

I wonder... the Kinzmehn wanted to conquer the world, and thus they got an avatar or it. But... what if the avatar does not want to conquer the world? :D
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:05 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:I must say I really like your style.

Looking back, the goblin/orc trio is not that good, at least compared to the other pieces of art. But it's still pretty cool.

I wonder... the Kinzmehn wanted to conquer the world, and thus they got an avatar or it. But... what if the avatar does not want to conquer the world? :D
Well, the Avatar is the culmination of the will of the Kinzmehn, so his desires are in line with what they wanted when he was first formed. If they, say, change their minds, too bad, they're getting world domination. Even if there isn't much of a world left afterwards.

Anyhow, on to more art!

I made this piece for a regular commissioner of mine that's also a friend. I did it for his birthday a couple years ago, methinks. Don't quite remember.

I made this picture last week for the same guy to celebrate the release of Empowered Volume 8.

I just made this image a couple hours ago as part of a set for someone. In the foreground is She-Hulk and in the background is Deadpool making the only correct choice.

This image was made to help promote a project that i was working on last year with a friend. We never got around to making it due to me having artist block on and off all year. That's Urge and Wilhelm telling my Avatar to draw or else. lol

The story behind Urge and Wilhelm is that Urge is an imp from the Greed circle of the underworld. Willhelm is a former crusader that's her servant/bodyguard that she summons at will. Like when she wants her cigar lit or somebody roughed up... Or somebody roughed up while she gets her cigar lit. She's not picky.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey everybody! I hope you ha a wonderful christmas day with your family and friends. Me? I got... not just one tie for Christmas... but TWO! Yup! I's be rolling in gifts this year.

Anyway, today, i think I'll share some pages from a story I made back in 2002, almost 12 years ago. The arts not very good and the story is meh but some people seem to like it. (sorry in advance over the size of the files, I uploaded the full sized versions to my DA because much of my dialogue was difficult to read)

This is the title page featuring the main character, Gaea in her school gym uniform and with one of those red and white plastic cups that were all the rage back in the day.

This is the first actual story page, showing some devastated buildings after a major battle.

This is a page depicting the passing of a hero named Drazle. Who's that standing there?

Eesh, what was a thinking back then?

Aaand a funeral scene. I have more to post (like three chapters), but I don't want to flood...

Later on, I tried to redo the story from scratch, but decided it needed a serious rewrite in addition to a visual overhaul. Ok, one more for today...

This was the first page from an incomplete story that was supposed to be published by Radio Comix. I pulled the plug on the project due to deadline constraints. I literally had one week to complete a story, so I dumped this story in favor of another one that was far less complex and fit the theme for one of their anthology books that were to be published.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:51 am

Alright guys, I'm back with some new art after so long. Let's see... I'll start off with a quick goblins fan art sketch I made of minmax...

Basically,cthere's this thing going on over on an image board called /co/co/ bizarre adventure. Basically people pick characters that could pass for stand users, give them a cool backstory and a stand that's named after a song. In Minmax's case, I consider oblivious to be like a stand named "Dare to be Stupid" it's crazy fun.

I have a lot more pics, but I have to figure out what to post or not.