Trubbolsome Doodles~!

trubbol
Voices Opinions
UStream Username: Trubbol

Re: Trubbolsome Doodles~!

Post by trubbol » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 am

Main differences between flash and iscribble is time. I tend to take longer with flash drawings.
I can color on iscribble, but it is a bit more difficult. I also adore thinking up the colors on characters, trying to make it look like the characters put thought into what clothes they have. Flashes lines are a lot cleaner yeah, but I feel like while on iscribble, I can do a lot more lines and little details on them.

Image I love drawing this guy! His expressions are as greasy as his hair!
Hey guys! I draw art and stuff, and will probably have something new more often than not! Look here! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=460&p=130673#p130673

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I am officially going to try and make this a game, with no chances of backing down!
If anyone would like to help with programming, scenery, level concepts, or anything, private message me here, or add me to skype!

This is where I will show you all the characters for this, as they get sprited, yeah, we got a long ways to go...
If anyone would like to assist in the process of making the sprites or animating them, or maybe helping with scenery tiles, note me or add me on skype.

Things I need to design
Pirate gunfighter
Pirate swordsman
Travelers wagon

Some optional things I may need help with
Making Chompsky(fat mud colored dragon) bigger.
Hey guys! I draw art and stuff, and will probably have something new more often than not! Look here! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=460&p=130673#p130673

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:02 am

If you want to make a game and you have little programming knowledge, you can try "Stencyl" (google it). It's a free flash game maker that is easy to use without much programming knowledge.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:23 am

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:48 am

Hehe... cute :)
Do you have it whit the BG you used for your avatar?
-Best regards LAYF

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 am

Not yet.

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:16 pm

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 am

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 am

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 pm

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Trubbol you seriously need to do a comic. Your stuff has kind of a lighthearted feel to it, but is not without the shadows of depth, mystery, and raw meaning.

If you ever need another creative spoon to stir your pot let me know cuz I have done alot of lengthy fictional writing. But I just want to see this art become something that has a life of its own.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I am not a good writer. Otherwise there would be a comic already.

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm

If I had someone willing to do the writing, that would be like, so awesome.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Once upon a time, there was a boy who liked games and fantasy stuff.

Then one day, due to no fault of his own, he became a dragon and was sucked into a realm where such creatures exist.

Wackiness ensues.

There trubbol, that should be enough for the first couple of full color pages. Now lets start this thing! :lol:

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Someone is already doing that one.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

You want a uniquely original comic?

In that case, I have some beachfront property in Wyoming I would like to sell you.

Seriously though, if you can give me a prompt about what you what your comic to be about, I can possibly give you some seed ideas to grow it from. Not that Im like the most qualified person to do so or anything. I just want to see your art tell more of a story than single images.

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, it does not have to be 100% original, just have a script and I get to design the characters physical attributes.
And have a nice, unique feel to it.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Well it seems you are pretty centered on a boy who becomes a dragon at this point. And a small one at that. And there is a companion bunny which seems native to the world, but equally lost.

So what if it (and just thinking out loud for your benefit here) the two characters, being from separate worlds, made a wish or something that caused them to be linked in the one world until they accomplished something that was massive in its proportions to undo the link. They find out along the way that what they thought they were missing in life wasn't so grand as they thought and its really more about finding themselves.

Not original but its something. Scripting is easy. Backstories are easy. Minor plot devices are easy. Major elements of plot are difficult because, quite frankly, there are too many possibilities and its hard to get narrowed down on to one and do it well.
[Edit - I didn't say that last part to sound condescending or arrogant. I just find that the hardest part of telling a good story is establishing a proper foundation and framework for it. The rest kind of works itself out in the process of taking the foundation and structure to its logical conclusion]

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Oh! Trubbol and Tonbo are part of their own original story. They are starring in a computer game together.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 pm

ok. Well, let me know if you have any ideas on what you want to do with a comic and I will try to give you some ideas to build upon.

trubbol
Voices Opinions

Post by trubbol » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:41 am

And now to wow y'all

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:41 am

Looks nice and fluid. :)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:55 am

nice. You definitely need to go somewhere with that one