Doodlemoogle's arts and farts

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Re: Doodlemoogle's arts and farts

Post by DoodleMoogle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 am

[thumbnail]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 893w3h.png[/thumbnail]

A game of twister gone horribly wrong. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Drew a dragon

[thumbnail]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 89b23t.png[/thumbnail]

I imagined this to be the dragon form for this guy

[thumbnail]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 853hle.png[/thumbnail]

I came up with this character after creating him for the PC game Icewind dale. I played it briefly with a friend recently.
I came up with a whole backstory for this guy. Being the grandson of an ancient red dragon he wouldn't have full draconic powers, but as a D&D sorcerer
he would work out a way for him to bring out his latent draconic nature and become a full dragon so that he would finally feel worthy of his heritage.
As a character he would be proud, fierce and greedy like a red dragon. And when seething with rage he would let out massive amounts
of heat, either turning things around him black with his heat or all out setting them on fire. I imagine as a character he would be terrifying when
he would just stare at you and the furniture around him just starts smoking and his eyes would turn into reptilian slits of burning malice.
I also imagined that if he'd have an IME like the characters in Goblins, it would be his dragon form made of flames. Yeeeahhhh so edgy. 8)

I really hate that I don't have a group to play D&D with. This character is so goddamn cool.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Awesome character! Theres plenty of D&D games that go on in the Forum Games here, in fact there's two recruiting. So jump on board, roll a Dragon Adept and you're away!
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Very nice!

You always could check the forum games site out. I know there's been talk about getting together an on-line D&D group and running another campaign. Quarg may be the best one to ask about that. Theis or Gamecreator might also know.

And it looks like Synch Ninja'd me! :lol:

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 am

I'll have to look into maybe getting into a forum game at some point.

I also just finished a satisfying drawing session.
[thumbnail]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 89bwt5.png[/thumbnail]
Wizards are cool
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Christmas was pretty cool. Hope you guys had a relaxing holiday as well.

[thumbnail]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 8bsx7a.png[/thumbnail]

Happy new year or something.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:34 pm

[thumbnail]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 8bws1v.png[/thumbnail]

Probably should've made the cloak and hair flow in the same direction. That would make a little bit more sense.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Would also be balancing the arrow above the fingers holding the bow so its balanced on the thumb (and not just laid across the fingers) but thats a really cool character! You definitely need to start a webcomic soon.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Synch wrote:Would also be balancing the arrow above the fingers holding the bow so its balanced on the thumb (and not just laid across the fingers) but thats a really cool character! You definitely need to start a webcomic soon.
I always have problems with making archers look right. The arrows are either too thick or the bow looks janky. Swords are easy compared to that.
I've actually got around 90 pages worth of my webcomic project written and planned out, but I need to work out the setting more.
The problem is that whenever I write something and look at it later I always find something to improve. At least I'll have time to work on the comic now that I'm about to graduate.
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:05 pm

If that comic will have characters like these ones, I guess I'd be severly addicted to it. :D
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:57 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:If that comic will have characters like these ones, I guess I'd be severly addicted to it. :D
I've been listening to audiobooks of Terry Pratchetts Discworld books and my favorite books have been the ones following the city guard. I love the seedy atmosphere of Ankh-Morpork.
I've recently realized that my favorite type of stories are often ones confined in a single city.
That usually gives the story time to establish the city itself as a central character to the plot.That's been a large inspiration in my writing.

The comic is about a large port city. The city is for reasons suddenly tied up with a large faction of monsters that the government can't get rid of. Orcs, goblins, kobolds, gnolls, you name it.
The plot will heavily revolve around these tense relations between the humans and the monsters as they wrestle for dominance with subtle and not so subtle methods.
The main character is Scabbs the goblin (My avatar) who arrives into this situation unaware of the danger. We follow this young goblin as he tries to not die and prove himself to
the other monsters by doing what goblins are known for. Stealing shit. 8)

I have some other ideas that work into the story later, but I'd rather be quiet about it.
I think the premise is pretty solid and it's an idea I haven't really seen before.
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:05 pm

DoodleMoogle wrote: I've been listening to audiobooks of Terry Pratchetts Discworld books and my favorite books have been the ones following the city guard. I love the seedy atmosphere of Ankh-Morpork.
Ok, if I were a girl I would ask you to do me now. But since I'm a guy I only offer my sincere feels of camaraderie.
My favourites are the witch stories though, but Vimes & Ankh Morpork comes second. (Maybe a shared 2nd place with Death. That guy's hilarious.)
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:53 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
DoodleMoogle wrote: I've been listening to audiobooks of Terry Pratchetts Discworld books and my favorite books have been the ones following the city guard. I love the seedy atmosphere of Ankh-Morpork.
Ok, if I were a girl I would ask you to do me now. But since I'm a guy I only offer my sincere feels of camaraderie.
My favourites are the witch stories though, but Vimes & Ankh Morpork comes second. (Maybe a shared 2nd place with Death. That guy's hilarious.)
It actually was really coincidental, but when I was driving to my parents place for Christmas I was listening to one of the Discworld audiobooks.
It was Hogfather. It couldn't have been more perfectly timed for the season.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:34 pm

[thumbnail]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2015/ ... 8d44wb.png[/thumbnail]

I sometimes feel bad for drawing the same character so often, but it's actually really dumb to think that.
I need to get this character design down if I'm going to keep his proportions right in the comic. I'm not unoriginal, I swear.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:54 am

It's been a little while since I put anything up here.

[thumbnail]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/ ... 8exkzn.png[/thumbnail]

[thumbnail]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/ ... 8exlah.png[/thumbnail]

Personally I prefer this one in black and white. I might just be tired after drawing for five hours straight.
Last edited by DoodleMoogle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Thats awesome! I definitely prefer the sepia/colour, it gives it more personality.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:33 am

I decided to add a little shading to the flat colored version.

[thumbnail]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2015/ ... 8f1ufh.png[/thumbnail]
Last edited by DoodleMoogle on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Perfect!
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Now the giant picture just needs a background. Maybe some generic countryside.

Edit: Added a background to the picture.
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 am

... and now the cows need names. I will call the smallest one Bobby.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 am

Just looked through the whole thread, and wow. Love everything. Can't even begin to start. It may be because it's the last one I just looked at, but the giant is probably my favorite. It's oddly really charming.
I love how you change your art style up a lot. It keeps everything all the more interesting to browse through :) keep up the good work!!
I am high in fructose.

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:Just looked through the whole thread, and wow. Love everything. Can't even begin to start. It may be because it's the last one I just looked at, but the giant is probably my favorite. It's oddly really charming.
I love how you change your art style up a lot. It keeps everything all the more interesting to browse through :) keep up the good work!!
I'm not sure if it's on purpose or if I'm just inconsistant.
I'm really happy with the giant picture as well. Drawing and coloring that beast took so long that I split it over two days.
That's one of my bad aspects as an artist. I never have the patience to come back to my work for a second time so I often force myself to finish it all in one sitting.
The giant shows how much better you can work if you leave and come back with fresh eyes. Learning, yay!
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 am

(Edited out because the commissions prices were off)
Last edited by DoodleMoogle on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:11 pm

[thumbnail]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/ ... 8gucli.png[/thumbnail]

I did a commission for BothDown podcast over the last week They do a Blood Bowl podcast and are arranging a Blood Bowl tournament called SCARS.
The above design was commissioned for T-shirts and shirt patches to be sold at the event. It was a fun commission
► Show Spoiler

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Post by LooksClosely » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:05 am

Hi DoodleMoogle,

I've only had time to go through the first page of this thread so far, but wanted to say thanks for all the cool pics! My favorite right now is the snow goblin sketch. I like seeing the stroke-work; it gives it personality to me.
ETA: Finished now. Lot's of great work! E.g. the witch's house is super impressive but also looks super time-consuming. I like how you can capture a character with less detail too.
Last edited by LooksClosely on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.