Movies based on Books (Current: The Wolverine)

John
Converses Frequently

Re: Movies based on Books (Current:PercyJackson/Lightning Th

Post by John » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 am

Wow- now I really want to read the books. I enjoyed the movie a lot and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I am a huge Greek Mythos nut, always have been. I was just worried the books were going to be too young to appeal to me anymore. But I think I'll just give in and read em
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 am

John wrote:Wow- now I really want to read the books. I enjoyed the movie a lot and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I am a huge Greek Mythos nut, always have been. I was just worried the books were going to be too young to appeal to me anymore. But I think I'll just give in and read em
Read them :) The books are so much better than the movie. More depth into the characters, the plots are heavier-ish, and, as in the case of all books, you get to cast whomever you like in the roles. :D
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am

THat's dangerous....it would be an entire cast of owl bears.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 am

John wrote:THat's dangerous....it would be an entire cast of owl bears.
I think I'd pay to see that
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Re: Movies based on Books (Current: The Wolverine/ Pacific R

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 am

I've seen Pacific Rim and the Wolverine.

GO SEE THEM.

I wasn't aware that Pacific Rim was based off of a book.. where can I find this and how does it stack up?

John
Converses Frequently

Re: Movies based on Books (Current: The Wolverine/ Pacific R

Post by John » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 am

Oops! Wrong thread bahahaha. The Wolverine is what I meant as it's based on comics
Games:
► Show Spoiler