Open to all superhero vote/post to play game!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Open to all superhero vote/post to play game!

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:28 am

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=989

Really simple game... You make a hero with reasonable powers and weaknesses. (max 6 powers and at least 1 weakness for each 2 powers (counting from the first)) and a piece of equipment (This does not include equipment that grant super powers, any such equipment counts as a power by them self and not against the number of equipment) you will gain more during the game!

-Each mission you get to take a gadget/piece of equipment with you (if you have any)

-Each round you vote on a way/plan to attack/hinder the villain and describes your own attack according to your vote (but not the result).

When certain amount of votes are made I'll look at them and write a result of the round and the villains next move. making new votes available and reward characters if needed!

not posting makes your hero 50% more likely to take a hit that round! standing idle by is not a good way to survive a battle with the forces of evil!

Heroes ready for action:
► Show Spoiler
Also, If anyone has an original Villain they would like to see show up at some point, just PM me and we will see what we can do!
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Open to all suoperhero vote/post to play game!

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

Name: Axel
Sex: Male

Powers:
1. Animate: Can animate objects by touch (I'm thinking like golems; so if he's on a building site, he could summon up a brick-monster; on the beach, a sand monster; in an office-supply shop, a paperclip monster). Small (e.g. up to cat-sized) creatures can be summoned at will; larger creatures require more concentration and are therefore more limited (I'll let you set the exact rules you want LAYF).

2. Telekinesis: Can move inanimate objects within a radius of about 10m from himself. Again, the larger they are, the harder it is to do.

Weakness:
1. Must sleep for a minimum of 18 hours a day to recharge his mental abilities and maintain control. Going without sleep leads to unpredictable, potentially dangerous breakdowns in his abilities (i.e. they start going off randomly). The longer he is awake, the worse this will get.

How's that sound?
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 am

Cool :)

With exception of the first few rounds (maybe the whole first mission) I'm thinking to add a preset amounts of days to vote/post, but I'll see how fast people work first. (Will advance Dr. Ratmans plan when at least 3 players has a character and chosen a piece of equipment!)
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:47 am

That's fine. I'm at my computer basically all the time right now, so it's easy enough to make posts so long as they don't need to be super long :) Also, I think I have my superguy! Going to edit my application now.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:06 am

thinkslogically wrote:Name: Axel
Sex: Male

Powers:
1. Animate: Can animate objects by touch (I'm thinking like golems; so if he's on a building site, he could summon up a brick-monster; on the beach, a sand monster; in an office-supply shop, a paperclip monster). Small (e.g. up to cat-sized) creatures can be summoned at will; larger creatures require more concentration and are therefore more limited (I'll let you set the exact rules you want LAYF).

2. Telekinesis: Can move inanimate objects within a radius of about 10m from himself. Again, the larger they are, the harder it is to do.

Weakness:
1. Must sleep for a minimum of 18 hours a day to recharge his mental abilities and maintain control. Going without sleep leads to unpredictable, potentially dangerous breakdowns in his abilities (i.e. they start going off randomly). The longer he is awake, the worse this will get.

How's that sound?
That sounds good :) He'll start with HP(DEF): 5(0)
Equipment: chose one (not granting super powers)
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 am

18 hours a day? Seems too weak to me.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:13 am

Yeah, but since he could potentially turn the Eiffel Tower into a wandering behemoth (note to self: make that happen), it probably stands to reason that it requires a lot of mental effort to achieve. Besides, (I hope that) the random effects should be relatively minor for a few hours before they really start to really cause problems.

Anyway, I'm happy to tweak it, but it's LAYF's call :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 am

18 hours seems fine by me... that still give 6 hours to fight in befoer he becomes dangerous, and no one says all fights take long.. so he just got to keep an eye out for the clock ;)

Thinks, you can still chose one piece of equipment. Alex has been add to the OP. please read my descriptions of your powers and say if you agree (yes, powers can increase as the game goes on)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 am

Aww....where did my Blue Nova go....well, i suppose i can try again.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Aww....where did my Blue Nova go....well, i suppose i can try again.
he went nova ;)

but yea... please do :)

(added character sheets to the game... just to keep it a little within lines)
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 am

Can you make the weight limits less restrictive for telekinesis please (e.g. for every 20kg after the first 20kg there's a 5-10% chance of failure)? It's not very superhero-like if it's easier to run over to something and pick it up than to use your power.

I was also thinking that for the animation thing, rather than there being a size-limit as such (though there should probably be a bit of one), there's a chance that he'll lose control of it the more complex it is (e.g. he sets it up successfully but it either ignores his instructions or fights back against his mind control, forcing Alex to expend more energy to get it under control again or his companions to destroy it).

And the sleep thing can be more restrictive (e.g. +5% per hour) if you want.

EDIT: What items can I have? If it's literally anything normal, I'll take night-vision goggles.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 am

thinkslogically wrote:Can you make the weight limits less restrictive for telekinesis please (e.g. for every 20kg after the first 20kg there's a 5-10% chance of failure)? It's not very superhero-like if it's easier to run over to something and pick it up than to use your power.

I was also thinking that for the animation thing, rather than there being a size-limit as such (though there should probably be a bit of one), there's a chance that he'll lose control of it the more complex it is (e.g. he sets it up successfully but it either ignores his instructions or fights back against his mind control, forcing Alex to expend more energy to get it under control again or his companions to destroy it).

And the sleep thing can be more restrictive (e.g. +5% per hour) if you want.

EDIT: What items can I have? If it's literally anything normal, I'll take night-vision goggles.
DO'H... I mixed the % on the sheet.. it should have been 1% on the abilities and 10% on weakness :lol: (don't worry, you may increase this power during game :)
but I'll fix your animation ability

[Night vision goggles: -80% of action handicap due to non magical darkness, battery power remaining: 8 hours]

(If say it is dark and I'd make a 50% handicap to actions, you only suffer 10% handicap)

You like that?
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 am

Sounds good!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 am

There, fixed the animation power.. hope you like it better now. (still has a control loss chance, but you may find items and stuff that boosts you)

(He.. this is getting more RPG aspect than I had imagined at first :P )
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 am

2things:

1) did you mean to misspell "superhero" in the title?
2) I am tempted to join since this is supposed to be comedic (I would love to make a screwed up hero with a power akin to a wand of wonder) but I'm kind of busy with our other project LAYF.

I will wait to see how this develops I guess
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Open to all superhero vote/post to play game!

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:59 am

1) Nope.. thanks for the catch :)
2) That seems fair... I just figure I have the time for this since I'm always online waiting for our project to update :P

Yep.. you do that :) Hope you join later :)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am

X - rethinking....
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 am

@badge
Sounds fine, remember his *burst of light and blinding light will not distinguish between things! allies, enemies and kittens in trees suffer the same.
since he uses heat to fly he also effects his surroundings (Think the torch, except the heat is exponential to his speed, flying at a walking phase no problem. run speed some heat, still not a big concern but after this it gets more and more intense. hitting woods ignition heat at 80 Mph.)

How does that sound to you?
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 am

you never said that killing/hurting civilians is bad....so, fine...i'm not really concerned about who i kill.

I still have two (powers left) so i would wait until i finish if i were you. Granted I still may change everything too...so keep that in mind.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am

...consuming all things organic or unorganic within a small diameter...

Not to be That Guy, but someone's going to die in a 50ft black hole VERY quickly :P (Also trees are organic).

One slight comment : My guy's name is Axel, not Alex. It's a germanic name meaning 'life giver' :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am

BadgeAddict wrote:you never said that killing/hurting civilians is bad....so, fine...i'm not really concerned about who i kill.
Ehm?

I did wrote A: Heroes. (As in the good guys! crazy is okay, but you are good)
and I wrote B: **please, don't try to hard to kill him, keep to the superhero code man! you are the good guys!!!
I know, that is the bad guy I'm talking about, but I think the super hero code includes civilians on the "try not to kill" list :P

But, yea... you may kill if you wish... just note that if Villains learn that you kill, you will probably be a primary target (or be the target of other heroes) of coruse, that will not be the case in the first round, as this is the debut of all of you... so you do have one round at least to wreck havoc!
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 am

WearsHats wrote:
► Show Spoiler
You are a hero to all of us Wears :D

:lol:

thinkslogically wrote:...consuming all things organic or unorganic within a small diameter...

Not to be That Guy, but someone's going to die in a 50ft black hole VERY quickly :P (Also trees are organic).
Stop ruining my plans :P :lol: hehe... nah... keep doing that.. I'm the villain after all!
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 am

WearsHats wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:29 am

If i did join here is the power I would want:

Ray of Awesome: able to fire a beam of energy from either hand. The beam changes color to reflect the power being used. The beam of energy either uses a power from a list randomly or causes a completely random effect.

Weakness: has NO idea what will happen when he uses power.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)