Open to all superhero vote/post to play game!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Open to all superhero vote/post to play game!

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 am

Hehe... I can work with that. You'll be in from next round on. (Added the character in the OP of this thread, please look it over and say If you agree....
-Best regards LAYF

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 am

seems fine :) tho small edit of mob to mop
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:18 am

ah... sorry.. thx.
-Best regards LAYF

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:36 am

my idea is inspired by plunger man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5jaBq6KWg
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

hypothetical
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Hypothetical

Post by hypothetical » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Still Open? ( Later...Sorry, the AP kind of got away from me. I'm used to playing D&D by forum, and applications have to be...interesting.)

Hero: Prototype Panther Mk III First Generation Autonomous Drone Ground Unit. "It".
Unique Sapient A.I. mobile attack drone. Originally designed to work in concert with an Air Drone using the same A.I. Kernel, the Air Drone never went beyond design stage due to "It"'s "waking up" as soon as he was activated for the first time, a completely unforeseen occurrence. After hearing the response to his first words, "Who am I" ( a shocked technician who had made the final connections had answered " Madre de dios, the gun talks!") It spent nearly a billion nanoseconds researching the concept of "gun", which lead inevitably to the concept of "war", which lead to the conclusion, after a full systems check revealed many tactical modules, that It had been designed a weapon of war, a thought which angered It.
After nearly two years of psychotherapy and negotiation, the government has allowed It, a name chosen by the prototype after learning that, as a machine, I was neither he nor she, to explore the world itself. In return, It will, at It's discretion, assist military assets in missions which It deems to be "acceptably non aggressive".
It has heard of a group of Meatpeople who have special abilities and use them to help others. It is intrigued by this semi-civilized concept, and has thought that It might like to meet some of these Organics.

Missions completed:

Powers:
InfraLadar Tactical Sensor Array:
Thermal Imaging laser array. Able to detect any heat source within 30 meters through up to the equivalent of 1 meter of brick wall. 360X180 dome. UHD clarity visual display in LOS.
Stabilized Carapace
Emp-Hardened armor. Def(EMP) 10 Def(damage) 10
X22 .34Cal Variable Munitions Projectile Turret : (X2)
Mini Shock-Bang grenade. 1d3 stun damage, 1 Mt radius. 1d1 Stun Damage 2Mt radius. 50% chance to Dazzle 5 Mt radius.
APC round. 1d5+1 damage. Ignore up to 5 points of Armor.
Explosive round. 1d8+3 Concussion damage 3 Mt radius. 1d4 Thermal damage. Break armor/structure 50% chance.
Clip : 10 Rnds. Turret capacity : 3 clips +1. Change time : 1 Rnd. ROF : SS
Sonic Array Primarily used as vocal real-world interface, can be used as low level sonic inducer. 25% chance per round to Stun for 1d2 rounds.
Onboard System:
Water cooled octocore processor battery. 4.5 MHz per core.
100 GB High-Optional Multi Logic Evaluating Ram.
120 TB Hardrive (X2).
A.I. INT : 15
Real Time satellite uplink.
Air Drone Docking Bay, Empty.
Dual quad-fingered Waldoes, front facing, 3 foot range, 120 arc. STR : 14
Passive Audio array. Human standard hearing.

Weakness:
Overconfident. 25% chance that a simple trick by enemy will escape attention.
Limited mobility. Quadrupedal locomotion. Flat speed max : 45 MPH Acceleration : 6 MPH per round. Grade climb max : 30.
Min turn radius 5 ft. Smallest width : 1.2 Mts. Can climb stairs, can not climb walls. Limited to 30/60 movement inside structures.
Electric Weakness 75% chance any electric shock will cause a 2 rnd system reboot. No action can be taken.
Water Weakness. If midpoint of carapace ( 84 CM) is submerged 15% +5% per round short circuit will activate Electric Weakness.
Rational Pacifist Will never fire the first non stun shot. Will take action to help another or defend self.

HP(DEF): 5(0)/5(0)

Equipment on person:
Weapon 1 : 4 Clips. 3 Flash Bang, 1 APC.
Weapon 2 : 4 Clips. 3 Flash Bang, 1 Explosive.

Equipment in secret hideout:
NONE
Trophies:
NONE
I think I may be thinking, therefore I may possibly be being.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 am

so...I'm IT and your it.....cause that won't get confusing at all,...right.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 am

Yea... You are not to late.. But Badge has a point, it and IT are a bit to closely related... oh, and I. I. Ivanson has patented THAT for his newspaper.

I'll have to take some time to rewrite the character to more "this game" like stats... I'll give it a go when I'm home from work along with the update :)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am

Here is my suggestion for your character (Please choose name)
Panther Mk III(hypothetical)
Genderless hero drone.

Missions completed: 0

Powers:
1. Thermal detection system, 30m. (1m through solids)
2. EMP shields (Deflects first 10 Electro based damage)
3. Stun grenades, long range low effect radius.
4. Armor piercing rounds, mid range mid damage weapon. (ignors 2 DEF)
5. Explosive rounds, mid range high damage weapon.
6. Satellite up link, 80% chance to find a satellite able to gather intel on own location.
7. Sonic stun weapon, 25% chance to stun humans or animals with similar hearing.

Weaknesses:
-Overconfident. 25% chance that a simple trick by enemy will escape attention.
-Electric weakness, 75% chance to become ineffective of 1 round if hit by electricity.
-Water weakness, 25% to become dysfunctional until dry if more then 50% submerged.
-Pacifist security programming, cannot use lethal force unless equivalent or higher has been used by opposing forces.

HP(DEF): 5(0)/5(0)

Equipment on person:
-[Rambo ammo pack: Reloading? What the hell is reloading?].

Equipment in secret hideout:
NONE
Trophies:
NONE
1 to may "powers" you must remove one.
you only need 3 weakness.

The rest I've not copied to the sheet, as it does not have any "rules" effect in this game... I'm not sure about all your weapons. please correct me on what you find "wrong"
you can keep all 4 weakness, in that case I'll give you HP(DEF) 7(1) instead.
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:36 am

Our new guy appears to have vanished...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:04 am

Estimated time of his next appearance: May 2014.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:21 am

most impressive is, it is not even one of his super powers... O_O
-Best regards LAYF

Reads_Books
Whispers Softly

Post by Reads_Books » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 am

Is there room for one more?

I have a few "Mystery Men" style silly character ideas in the back of my head, and one or two semi-useful ones too.
I have always imagined that Paradise would be a kind of Library

Jorges Luis Borges

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 am

yep, there are room... I have a lot of RL stuff to do, so it will be a little before the game starts rolling... but yes... room is there :)
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:55 am

Name: The Wrapped Man
Sex: Male
Appearance: Tall and thin, but well muscled. Body is completely covered in skintight wrappings, except for his hands, which are covered in scars. His wrappings shift between red and brown, depending on how one looks at them, and much of his wrappings are covered by a hooded black cloak. The cloak is extremely black... so black it's hard to look at. In the words of Nigel Tufnel, it could get "None more black."
Powers:
  1. Able to take the injuries of others onto himself. Requires physical contact and concentration, and their wounds are transferred to him.
  2. Able to transfer injuries from himself into inanimate objects. Any other individual contacting such an object will result in those injuries being released into them.
  3. Able to manipulate the shape of bone. Used in setting bones of patients, but also can be used on non-living bone to craft it into a desired form.
Weakness: Use of his healing powers leaves him exhausted and famished. This scales with the amount of healing done.
Does not speak.

Item: Bone staff - Made from a human skeleton in which the bones have been merged and fused to create a staff.

The last member of an ancient order of healers known as The Wrapped Men, his history is a mystery as he's unable or unwilling to tell anyone about it. His Order was both revered and feared by the public, and were often only called upon in the most dire of circumstances. They charged no fee, other than a filling meal and a place to rest after they did their work (origin of the phrase 'Feed the Wrapped Man' to mean narrowly avoiding death). However, any patients that would have died without the Order's intervention were claimed... such that when they eventually died, no matter how long that might take, members of the Order would show up to claim the body and take it back to their guildhall.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Reads_Books
Whispers Softly

Post by Reads_Books » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Name: The Foley Artist
Appearance: very average appearance, non-descript, easily forgettable. Brown hair, brown eyes. Dresses in a full length trench coat and a fedora.

Powers:
1) Able to imitate any voice he has heard, well enough to fool associates, voice recognition security software, and possibly family members.
2) Able to accurately produce any sound at any volume, from whisper to a explosion. The sound does not have to come from him, but from any location he chooses within a range of about 10 yards.
3) Can identify any sound he hears, and know the difference (for example) between a true sound and a recording.
4) Can create a sonic blast that can stun a person, or knock them unconscious.
5) Can create a circular space where no sound is possible. Maximum area of effect is 5 yards. He has to be inside the space, and therefore cannot use any of his other powers while the silence is activated.

Weaknesses:

1) Can use abilities 4 and 5 a maximum of 3 times per day.
2) Has forgotten what his own voice sounds like. Speaks in mixture of other people's voices, sometimes changing within a single sentence.
3) Has a constant "underscore". People around him can hear it, but he can't. For example, if the situation is dangerous, dramatic music can be heard. If he is trying to be romantic: violins. Penalty in any situation for stealth, hiding or deception.

Equipment:

1) Digital recorder

Jorges Luis Borges

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay.. both seems fine..

one notion. The Foley Artist weakness #1 is not a weakness, it is simply a super power activated 3 times a day... (if you could do that 10 times a day, it would be a super power, and it would still be if you could only do it 5, 3 or 1 time per day or year for the matter..)

so a new weakness...
-Best regards LAYF

Reads_Books
Whispers Softly

Post by Reads_Books » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Okay.. both seems fine..

one notion. The Foley Artist weakness #1 is not a weakness, it is simply a super power activated 3 times a day... (if you could do that 10 times a day, it would be a super power, and it would still be if you could only do it 5, 3 or 1 time per day or year for the matter..)

so a new weakness...
Okay. Technically a "limitation" not a weakness. I'm used to GURPS Supers. No problem.

Let me think....

1) Although his abilities don't completely come from his voicebox, he must stay hydrated at all times. Drinks up to 5 bottles of water a day.

Jorges Luis Borges

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm

5 seems low to me.

But then again I went to afghanistan where I would consume most of a 24 pack in one day by myself.

Not that I have any authority in this matter, I was trying to help. I will stop now.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Reads_Books
Whispers Softly

Post by Reads_Books » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:52 pm

SGTdude wrote:5 seems low to me.

But then again I went to afghanistan where I would consume most of a 24 pack in one day by myself.

Not that I have any authority in this matter, I was trying to help. I will stop now.
Well, I was trying to get a second opinion, but my husband was being uncooperative.

Jorges Luis Borges

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Hmm.. to make it a bit more of a weakness, and maybe even a bit fun some times,

Much drink at least 1 litter of spill water from a chemical treatment center or nuclear plant. <-original source of transformation/power, but now needed to survive.

What do you say?
-Best regards LAYF

Reads_Books
Whispers Softly

Post by Reads_Books » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Hmm.. to make it a bit more of a weakness, and maybe even a bit fun some times,

Much drink at least 1 litter of spill water from a chemical treatment center or nuclear plant. <-original source of transformation/power, but now needed to survive.

What do you say?
I like it. He's collected and bottled it. Bonus: It smells awful.

Jorges Luis Borges