Shipwrecked! Player replacement (Closed)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Shipwrecked! Player replacement (Closed)

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 am

So I've been running the game shipwrecked and we have lost a player, but kept the character for some times in the hope that she would return, but since that isn't the case I need a replacement.

The easy solution for me would be if the character was transferred to the joining player, but it isn't a requirement. If you rather want a new character it will be a level 1 character with 800 xp, and we will find a fitting way to introduce you to the group.

The game is using D&D 3.5 rules.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so feel free to ask questions if you are interested in joining.
Last edited by Theis2 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: Shipwrecked! Player replacement (1 needed)

Post by SGTdude » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:24 am

Im not suggesting interest here, but I was thinking it may help if you posted your current cast. Or at least posted what classes and stuff are already in the group.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 am

We've got:

Cranberry: Human wizard (M)
Jasper: Human wizard (M)
Ala: Human Paladin (F)
Darfel: Human Cleric (M)
Beleak: Elf Scout (M)

Morgan (being replaced): Half-elf Druid (F) with otter familiar.

So far, we've washed ashore on a strange island, found a village, helped them fight off a wraith attack (sort of; we nearly all died), got better, found some explody, cold mushrooms which nearly killed us again, wandered off into the wilderness, found a mine, nearly got eaten to death by a rust monster (yes, there was just one), fended off a room of stirges (relatively easily - Hey, we thought. We're getting the hang of this!), found man-size mushrooms, nearly died again, and then finally arrived in a weird room with a windy crater and an upside-down chest on the ceiling. We're not very competent :)

Recent events have involved Beleak trying to climb to the chest on the ceiling (easy climb, but dangerous because of ceiling spikes and the wind coming up out of the crater trying to blow him into them. So we tethered him with a rope and he set off, but soon reached the end of the rope. Meanwhile Ala (my char), found some more mushrooms that make the eater temporarily invisible, accidentally frightened Darfel into dropping Beleak's rope. He held on, but nearly died when Ala threw a new rope to him with a rock attached (for more accurate throwing) which hit him in the face. Luckily he caught it anyway and we pulled him down.

Cranberry has been demanding he become a human balloon to reach the chest and we've made first contact with some wind-creatures who we're now playing 20 questions with. They seem curious, not aggressive. Beleak is about to (hopefully) climb back up and try again with a longer rope.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:40 am

If you are looking to join as a new character, you'd be on par with me (Darfel) in terms of XP since I joined while the party was in the village after the wraith and cold mushroom attacks, before heading into the mine and watching Ala's armor and weapons get eaten by a rust monster. The rest of the party just hit level 2, and you and I would hit after the next influx of XP.

Character summaries (as I see them):

Ala: headstrong principled type... currently spiraling into a mushroom addition/obsession ;)
Jasper: fairly levelheaded, though that might just be in comparison to some of the rest
Beleak: party's go to guy for dangerous missions... cautiously optimistic that we won't get him killed
Darfel: simple fellow, domains are war and healing... one exists for the other
Cranberry: Batshit crazy old man. Astounding the old fool ever made it to old age. First one to do something unexpected.

Morgan (being replaced): Doesn't talk much. Never even told Darfel her name. :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:46 pm

What they said. I would have been back to you (and people wondering) earlier but I had a busy weekend.

As indicated by the others, the game is more focused on being humorous than serious as it is now.
I'm open to characters outside the core rules, but would like to have a chance seeing them first. Actual knowledge of the rules isn't a requirement, and I'll gladly help create a character that fits with the wishes of the person joining.

As for the current goal for the party. They have been sidetracked by a cavern and more specific a pit with a powerful air current coming from it. On the other side of the pit there is an ornamental door, and they suspect the key to it is in a chest stuck to the ceiling with a lot of stalactites. Currently Beleak is about to climb towards it.

The original goal was to deal justice to the greenkin which consists of orcs and goblins that scavenged the beach on which the group stranded on. Only Darfel actually saw them, but escaped without getting noticed. (This was because he joined later as he replaced someone else.) But the fact that they prevented a proper burial for the dead on the beach, the group decided to venture towards them and stop their evil ways. (ignoring the necromancer in the opposite direction).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 pm

We are TOTALLY still doing the greenkin thing. TOTALLY.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Umm... is the spot still open? I've been trying to step up my games and roleplaying a bit because I haven't been active due to personal issues* and while I haven't read Shipwrecked! in a little while, it shouldn't take to long to catch up.

I'm already somewhat familiar with the 3.5 rules so maybe that would help.

► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Mushrooms, cave, lever, chest and skeletal remains, rust monster, nearly naked paladin, hive of blood suckers, mushrooms that scream, mushrooms that hit back, ability damage, windy rift, mysterious chest, mushrooms that make you invisible, mysterious wind people. <--- In summary...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 am

Theres still room for another person, but TheSedated also expressed some interest in a D&D 3.5 game in another recruitment thread.

But because I'm such a softy I'll just take an extra player rather than having to choose one of you and discard the other person. Having followed what happened lately isn't really that important and is more or less summarised above this post :)

Glad to hear (read?) you are getting a break from the chemo and you wish to join my game. Perfection is not a requirement as I would have to discard most if not all the people in the current group :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:56 am

Theis2 wrote: Perfection is not a requirement as I would have to discard most if not all the people in the current group :roll:
Ah, but we play the role of our imperfect characters to perfection!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 am

Oh yeah! RPing ourselves into even MORE ridiculous situations is something we are truly awesome at.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 am

I was actually considering this until sedated popped in.

Im glad he got the spot though as I am currently working on something with LAYF. Maybe in the future though.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Shipwrecked! Player replacement (1 or 2 players needed)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 pm

The players have shown interest in getting some fresh blood into the game. The way you'll be introduced will not require any knowledge of what has happened in the game thus far except for being stranded on an unknown island. I think reading at least a bit of the game would reveal what kind of game and players we have. (I know, big shock)

The group consists of 2 wizards, a paladin and a tempus cleric, shortly described further up in the thread. You would start at level 2 closing in on level 3
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 am

Theis2 wrote: I think reading at least a bit of the game would reveal what kind of game and players we have.
:roll: Shhhh, you're gonna scare them away! :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 pm

It's either that or the 62 pages of failure, which people don't have to read in order to join. I will come with a short summary for what happened to the new players, and the old if interested though your characters won't know about that. I'm open to different character suggestion and willing to make something special to work out with my players.

I update roughly every 3 days
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:59 am

Erm, if you take D&D dyslexics, I'm interested. (I never had a D&D book in my hands. I know a little of the general concept, I have made a few characters - some with character creator programs, some without - and played with them, but the games tended to 'die' before I really could get the hang of it. E.g. I have absolutely NO idea how XPs and leveling up works.)

Also 2 wizards and a cleric and a paladin sounds nice. Spell casting and healing taken care of, I could take one of the more simple classes (e.g. rogue, fighter, ranger, ...), and still help balance the group, yes?
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:30 am

I'm more than happy to take D&D dyslexics in! Because they don't know what's coming!

The group is pretty much focused on melee with the only exception being M0rts character and partly Jacons and by partly I mean he's not focused on that at all but keep going melee anyways.
There is one hole, and that's the fact they don't have a rogue or any other character that can detect and disarm traps. But with that said, you really don't have to limit yourself to be that. I try to make the challenges around what the players are playing while still fitting with the place they are in. I'm also more than willing to look things up and try to make it fit to what you want to play. An example of that would be Spiderwranglers original character worked out in the ooc thread when he wasn't even supposed to be in the game :roll:

I'm slightly in a hurry now, but I'll check back in a few hours and if you got a character idea or something along those lines, just write it here, in the ooc or pm me about it and I'll see what I can do :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 am

Yea, I would say a rogue is our weak spot but we have a lot of healing capability ( Between Derful, Ala and a healing belt.) that we can pretty much absorb trap damage without it being to big of a worry. So your pretty open to play any class you want.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:56 am

Well, I wouldn't mind playing a rogue at all. They at least don't have a dozen or more spells to keep track of, decide which ones of them to prepare only to find out that they would have needed the OTHER ones on that specific day. >:-P :lol: o:)

What races are possible? Or what is the setting? What kind of world are we playing in? I have to admit, I have yet to read through the game thread. :oops:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:30 pm

We have all been shipwrecked on an island, current party composition is all human, I believe? We have had half orc, gmone, dwarf, elf, halfling, but they have all fell by the wayside. Current quest is going after some 'evil' dwarves on behalf of some 'good' orcs. Mostly caves and wilderness so far, small villages, nothing urban.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:48 pm

The setting would best be classified as mysterious and unknown Island you shipwrecked on. All races are allowed as long as the have a level adjustment of +1 or lower (you need to have at least one level in a class) outside the island is a whole world I haven't defined and basically everything could exist. Part of the game concept was to be thrown into the unknown.

There are spellcasting classes where your spell list is limited and you don't have to prepare spells at all if that would interest you as well :)
While simple would seem easy, there are a few option for martial characters as well except attack, which I tried to introduce in the orc city slightly. I'm willing to guide and help you through any character you want and don't be worried about not knowing what to do or what you are doing. Just know that fungi are important as well as badgers.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

She should make a druid covered in mushrooms with a mushroom pet....That should create some funny tension for our resident paladin and mushroom hater

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 pm

badger? O.o

... as in Summon Monster 1? o:)

I'll try to come up with something soon, possibly tomorrow. Now, bedtime. ^^
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Theis2 wrote: I'm also more than willing to look things up and try to make it fit to what you want to play. An example of that would be Spiderwranglers original character worked out in the ooc thread when he wasn't even supposed to be in the game :roll:
'Getting your foot in the door' is so weak. I get my whole leg in there! o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 am

Well, I'm not feeling overly original and creative today, so how about:

Henry Walton, rogue, somewhat loner (not against teamwork generally, but usually keeps to himself), expert on traps and other mechanisms, earns his living by finding elaborate tombs, getting in there, taking anything valuable out and selling it to the highest bidder. Also does contract work (as in someone tells him they want him to get XY from Z), but in this line of work naturally no actual contracts are written down.
Wears a hat, preferred weapons: daggers & a whip.
How he ended up on the island? Maybe a ship journey to some mystical fabled tomb area went wrong?

Might need help on the actual character sheet creation, I just wanted to get the 'okay' for the idea, before I fussed with that.
► Show Spoiler