A writing game Signups always open.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

A writing game Signups always open.

Post by LAYF » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Yea, you can read about it here and also signups:

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=893
-Best regards LAYF

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: A writing game Signups always open.

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:57 am

I don't want to discourage you, but writing games never really took off in this community, there has been several attempts over the life of the different forums.

One reason could be that "writing" takes a lot of effort, and most people would want to play things that would only require them to do a simple action, preferably explainable in short sentences.

If you want to trick people into writing more (or a lot), you should start a roleplay game, for some reason those get long RP posts, even if the invested effort is a lot more than for a game dedicated to writing itself... ;)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Nerre
Game Master

Re: A writing game Signups always open.

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:00 am

yes, picture games/adventures and minigames were what got the best responce, close followed by roleplaying text games.
The problem would maybe be, the longer the story gets, the more time making your posts fit in would take. No chance for players with little time or those who want to join later.

You do great things with picture games, why not stick to it and just add the writing there? :D
:zzz: