DND

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: DND

Post by SGTdude » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I am working on finishing my character with Jacon but here is the link. I am going to add a description and background and stuff later.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=733272

This is going to be interesting. Thats for sure.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

What...

The fact that your Paladin is going to swear about my straitlaced duskblade...
And have her respond (cause they no the same languages!) remarks about his mother...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:30 pm

We only speak two of the same languages (because Im assuming when it says "bonus languages" those are just ones you can choose at level 1 with that race and aren't actually known at character creation, or am I wrong?)

And I am suddenly feeling underpowered as the tank in comparison to the Duskblade. :?

Also I think I may have not selected my skills correctly, so anybody can feel free to take a look and let me know.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Nope, those are the languages known at the start of the campaign...

And your Pally is the (miniture) tank...More because your hit points will climb faster...and so will your armor class...

The Duskblade is a battle cruiser actually, she can dish it out but she can't take too much return fire...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 pm

So then everyone knows the same languages at the start of the game?

Also I am not sure I did my skills right because I dont understand cross-class costs vs regular costs. And the sheet is a little confusing to me on top of that. Every time I look at it I feel like I either left info off or did something wrong.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Everyone speaks Common...
Adrena speaks Elvish, Dwarvish, Orcish, Goblin, and Draconic (need to go fix that)
She has an intel score of 18 knowing six lanquages does not seem that far fetched (140 IQ)

Our goblin of unknown name speaks Common, Goblin, and Draconic but is just highly intelligent 12 or about 110 IQ

Not that problematic...

I am not sure what changes you made to your original scores, but I should point out that a 16 can be just as good as a 17 in terms of modifiers...

And you did screw up your skill set...I have a total points of 16 spent and you only get 12...
I use http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm to keep me strait on all of those things...
(Note: If you use it, select NPC for the class first, then go down the page there is a section corresponding to NPC/Other which contains your type of Paladin.)

However, Jacon because you've stuck our characters in a world where survival skills are a base necessity, can we get rid of the cross-class penalty on it?
It seems rather idiotic for us to spend skill points like water just to get a slightly higher change of being able to forage food when that is a world prerequisite to be there in the first place...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 pm

The hoardstealer is fine.
Quarg wrote:
However, Jacon because you've stuck our characters in a world where survival skills are a base necessity, can we get rid of the cross-class penalty on it?
It seems rather idiotic for us to spend skill points like water just to get a slightly higher change of being able to forage food when that is a world prerequisite to be there in the first place...
Everyone gets a +2 to spot, survival, listen and search but otherwise the cross skill remains the same.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 am

Jacon wrote:The hoardstealer is fine.
Quarg wrote:
Everyone gets a +2 to spot, survival, listen and search but otherwise the cross skill remains the same.
That makes more sense...
Though because she's a half-elf she is turning into a duskblade ranger...
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:40 am

I think I should be more or less done, except I'm missing the one item of choice. I also assumed masterwork items wasn't on the free items to choose from.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=735748
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:04 am

Jacon wrote: Everyone gets a +2 to spot, survival, listen and search but otherwise the cross skill remains the same.
So can somebody confirm to me that (other than the skills listed above) this is right: class skills are 1pt = 1rank with a max rank of 4 (since we are level 1), cross class skills are 2pts = 1rank with a max rank of 2?

I will add this to my skill bonuses and basically redo them today. I am also trying to pick my one item. Do I need to pick clothes or is it assumed we have them?

Also, on the sheets, if the CC block is checked does that mean the skill IS or ISN'T a cross-class?
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 am

The skill list above is added to the misc modifier row. But you are correct with the class skill and cross class skill cost. Pretty sure it is assumed we have clothes :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 am

Theis2 wrote:The skill list above is added to the misc modifier row. But you are correct with the class skill and cross class skill cost. Pretty sure it is assumed we have clothes :)
considering some people's drawings of armored elves, I am not sure that is true... ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 am

I will be making my character tomorrow if that's ok. I just don't really have time for it at the moment. Maybe later today but even if so I wont be able to finish it today.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Ok, just linking again cuz I think I have it finished finally.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=733272

I still need a name and an age but I got the rest done right. (hopefully)

Let me know if you see something that looks incorrect. Thanks

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Skill points add up...
Do paladins have a plus +2 to diplomacy?
Or is that goblins?

Also remember your extra item...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:57 pm

I added a +2 to my diplomacy because it is a bonus to checks from having 5 ranks of sense motive. Yeah. I still got to do that. And get a name. And an age.

I might change my skills one last time in response to the answer of this question: Is it possible to take the skill Profession and choose something like Medic? My thought is that my character might occasionally make money by going to towns and offering non-magical healing services. I thought about doing this before, but didnt know if I would need to have like Knowledge: geography or some kind of other natural-based healing knowledge skill.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:45 pm

SGTdude wrote:I added a +2 to my diplomacy because it is a bonus to checks from having 5 ranks of sense motive.
Er...sorry mate but I beleive your limited to a max rank of 4 as a first level...at least based on the rules of 4/2....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:39 pm

You can do that but jsut put the ranks in heal instead.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Rght. I will fix my skills again later tonight. Sorry for the mistake.

Still need to know an appropriate age for a goblin, pick a name, and get my one item too.

Other than the age thing, I will try to have all that done tonight.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Just guessing. Goblins lives are a little shorter than humans. 50 is pretty old for a goblin.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm

If 50 is old then I will make him 12 to start. Other corrections will be made in a few hours.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 pm

oh and no masterwork items

Also think about what u want your daily to be and pm me your ideas.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:47 pm

If you meant me, you already approved my daily. I will edit this when changes are made, which will be very soon.

Done, I think. I decided to pick artisan tools and go with Armor Smithing.

Let me know if something seems not right or incomplete.
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I think he means me...

Also updated Background for my character
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =25#p84682
Done in a conversational style...translated from the original elvish...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:52 am

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=735843

Pretty much done, only need the background, name, and all of that kind of stuff.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.