Altiverse Goblins [blue screen of death]

ThroughTheWell

Re: "You're not in Kansas anymore..." [starting OS in safe m

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

► Show Spoiler
Burns, aside from expressing that your character is a philospher, how does he get food and shelter? Because unless you live in a monastary, I doubt people are willing to spoon feed you while you pontificate on how they are not really there.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Well since this is kind of an application process, there are no right or wrong answers. But at this point feedback should be limited to 1 of 2 things: questions about this potential game, or submissions to the question asked. Based on what I get in terms of those two I will decide if this is something that can be done.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 pm

(Just following the lead of others...)

"What do you want?....What to know what I do in the village? I'm one of the village alchemsits. Which is obvious from this work table covered in various pots, pans, briers or the copper still in the middle of that table it.....Hmmm, oh so you don't even know what an alchemist does, well this shop primarily focuses on three things, turning plants into medicine, making up chemicals to purify the local copper ore, and assaying what is contained in various rocks people will bring back....What?, Oh of course I know how to use this sword...I have to go out into the woods a lot to find berries, wild herbs, and wild grasses to help make up the medicines, not like the Princess is going to do it!

Oh, yeah, the Princess technically is an alchemist, though she really has only a basic grasp of herbology. The thing is she was formerly my asistant, who became the much younger wife of my old master. So when he died, she got the shop and the equipment. And I got stuck working for her. Which means going out into the wilds quite often, she prefers only to gather herbs we can grow safely inside the village, though most of what we need is out in the wilds of the island.

My name? Asop. I know not a normal goblin name, but then I wasn't the one who chose it anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to packing for a trip out to the hills to see if I can find some ruby berries, their wax is quite useful and our supply is running low...as the Harpy has been remining me every fifteen seconds...."

(Hope this works)

edited for flow
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

OldFriend
Remains Silent

Post by OldFriend » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 pm

"What I do for this village?

I am not the one you should ask, to be honest. In this village, I do whatever I can. Normally I patrol the borders. Which, of course, you know, considering that I am greeting you. I also gather firewood, build shelters, and do pretty much every odd job I can find. I am not the strongest, or the smartest, the bravest, or even the most good-looking goblin around.

But I do what I can for my village.

My Dad, Great Hero, he doesn't like to hear that. He tells me that I can make a difference if I really tried.

He's disappointed in me, I know he is. He always loved my little brother, Savior, far more, and his death hit Dad pretty bad. Whenever he looks at me... I swear he is wishing that I was the one who died in the fight with the Great Bear. Every time he and Ma look at me...

I can see it in their eyes....

Why am I even telling you this... I should be welcoming you to the clan! I know some really cool people you should talk to! One of them, he's this, philosopher, right..."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:59 am

"What do I do around here? Teach the younglings. Glorified babysitter's more like it, but I don't complain. Someone's got to make sure they don't wander off while the others do their work, and if I can make sure they know which end of a sword to hold or how to tell which roots are edible or how to count to more than four while I'm at it, I consider my work successful. Many a young'un found their way through my tutelage. Got a knack for noticing talent, ain't I. That and I can remember all sorts, so I'm good for passing that knowledge on. Spreads-the-Word's the name... Teller seemed to think I'd end up some kind of cleric of Maglubiyet, preacher or something, but that never did pan out. Can't see Ol'Mighty himself taking much interest in a teacher, can you?"

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: "You're not in Kansas anymore..." [searching for updates

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 am

I have ben focused on my random game, ToIR, but that may in fact fizzle out. I would suggest people interested in this continue to submit applications in response to the question I previously posted.

Keep in mind that your response by way of application does not necessarily reflect the position you will take in the game, but could possibly have some influence on it. I am intersted to see how various potential players approach this.

If this game goes forward, I will break it up into chapters and I dont mind saying the first of those will likely be as close to a normal goblins game as we are going to get.

If neither this nor ToIR get any kind of momentum behind them, I have at least two RP ideas which are very different in setting from a Goblins game that I would like to try.

I have more than enough creativity to build you a world, but you have to have enough creativity and dedication to make your character live in it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Altiverse Goblins [searching for updates]

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm

"Me? I wish we hadn't settled... My whole life I lived and worked in a tavern on the edge of the Goblin City*, serving customers their food, cleaning up after bar fights and mucking out the damn stables. The only reason I stayed was for the stories. When it got busy around Festival time especially, we used to get traders coming to stay with us from all over the Empire*, who would tell the most incredible stories of terrifying sea monsters, strange races and incredible wonders. Once, we had slavers pass through and we housed their slaves in the kennels so the wargs could keep an eye on them - I tell you something, those people for sale... They were so strange! No claws, and their bodies were covered in scales and bright fur! And another time, some folk arrived wearing jewels that burned like fire but were cold to the touch! I nearly lost my job that night I spent so long listening to those people. Oh, and the songs! My favourite days were when the bards came and brought us songs from all over, singing songs of heroes and queens and ancient gods that I'd never ever heard of. I wished so hard that I could have been designated as a trader! But we all have our parts to play, they told us! Cogs in the machine they said, and my part of the machine was that Tavern. Even with all those stories in my head, it never occurred to me that things could be any different for us.

Anyway, one day I heard about the 'Clan' and how they were being exiled to the wilds. I hadn't known about them much before, but when I heard what they were trying to do, suddenly something just clicked. I WAS different! I could be more than what they told me I could be! From that second on, I decided I would find the Clan and leave the City. I would travel the whole entire world and I would see everything it had to offer! Maybe one day I'll even find the place those slaves came from! Hah! That would be something worth telling the younglings about don't you think?

So I left the Tavern and went looking for the Clan. They weren't hard to find, they were being made examples of all over the City back then. When they were finally exiled, I was first out the City gates and I've never looked back! Now, I mostly spend my days exploring and scouting out good spots for the Clan to make use of. Birds nests, lookouts, places to find shelter, all that kind of thing you know? I wish we would move on again soon though - I want to stand on the horizon, and it's awfully hard to catch up to!"

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: Altiverse Goblins [searching for updates]

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm

:shock:

um...
yeah.....
TL?
You are hired.

SONOFACRAP! Now I HAVE to finish making this :wall:

Quarg you are also in.

This does not mean that anyone is out, it just means that your posts in answer to the question were lacking a little something that I think will be necessary for this to work. This isn't a contest, or any sort of judgement on you ability to play or passion for forum games. I just want to have a good solid cast to ensure this story can be told in its entirety because I feel like it is worth it.

I will be working to post an update about the beginning this week if I can, and one that is a little more definite. Regardless, I will have a new "question" by the end of the week for those not yet accepted and still interested. This question will be another situation which I will ask people to respond to in a similar way to the one that is currently out there. Anyone can feel free to make as many submissions to the question "What do you do?" as they want.

My goal will be to have assembled the full cast of players by the end of next week, and to have enough material to get started shortly thereafter.

Thanks

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: Altiverse Goblins [blue screen of death]

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Ok am officially shelving this idea for a good while. I just cant put the pieces together the way I want to right now.

I have two ideas that I want to run but they would be different indeed. Quarg and TL are still approved for the next game I recruit for, sometime within a week most likely if they are still interested, and I will be seeking between 2 and 5 more.

Thanks for expressing interest, sorry this didnt work out.